A pretty reliable and useful application that gamers and subcultures use, Discord is one of the most downloaded applications. The gamers generally usually use Discord to communicate while playing online games.
But when it comes to connecting voice channels some susceptible and occasional issues are seen. Many Discord users face this problem while they try to connect to any voice channel. They face this error with an error message “No route”.
The Discord no route error is similar to that of ICE Checking and Stuck RTC Connecting errors. Before we get to know the solutions for the Discord no route error, let us discuss the causes of this issue. Knowing the reasons would help to prevent the issue in the future.
Reasons behind “Discord No Route” Error
There are a lot of reasons because of which this error might occur. Detecting and explaining each and every reason is not possible. After a lot of research and various reports by the users, some of the major reasons because of which this error occurs is given below. Go through them thoroughly before you go to the solutions.
Change in the IP Address
Because of the Dynamic IP changing on a regular basis, this error might occur. The IP address that is present in the PC changes because of this. As a result of which the Discord no route error occurs.
Blockage from Firewall or Antivirus
If your device consists of any kind of Antivirus software or a third-party Firewall, then the software might blacklist Discord and prevent it from working properly. As soon as this occurs Discord will not get the required permission to maintain the outgoing connections from a server that is outside its area, thus resulting in the error.
VPN used without UDP
Discord only works with VPN that have specific UDP (User Datagram Protocol). So, if your system’s VPN does not have a User Datagram Protocol, then the Discord no route error occurs.
Network Admin Blocks Discord
It is also seen that some users try to access the Discord software with a work or a school network. The admin of the network might block Discord to use the network.
Incompatibility of Server’s Voice Region
It is generally seen that whenever a user tries to establish a connection to a server of a different continent, this issue occurs. The server’s voice region must match with that of the client.
Network not Working with QoS-
Some networks are not suitable for the Quality of Service High Packet priority (QoS). The network does not fit to the QoS, even if you change it from the Voice & Video settings in the Discord application.
Thus these are the noticeable reasons because of which the Discord no route error occurs. Now let’s talk about the possible and easy to apply solutions for this error. Follow each and every fix very carefully and make sure you do not miss any of the steps.
Fixes to Solve the Discord no Route Error
Here are certain solutions by which you can solve the Discord no route issue. They are quite effective and very easy to apply. Follow them accordingly.
Solution 1: Delete all DNS Cache Memory Files
Most of the time because the DNS Cache Memory folder is full, you might face this problem. To solve the issue delete the data present in the DNS cache memory. The steps to do so are given below.
- Press the Windows key and R keys together to launch the “Run” dialog box. You will see the Run dialog box at the left bottom corner of your screen.
- Type “command prompt” on the empty space present within the dialog box and hit Enter.
- A command prompt window will open on the screen of your device.
- Type the following commands without the quotes in the command prompt window and press Enter after each and every command. “ipconfig /release”, “ipconfig /flushdns”, “ipconfig /renew”.
- As soon as you enter all the commands and complete the whole process, close the command prompt window. Restart your device.
- Now check if the Discord rtc connecting no route still continues or not. If yes, move on to the next fix.
Solution 2: Change the DNS Server Addresses
If the network that the Discord application uses is blocked then try this method. If you are using a work or school network, then it might automatically block Discord from using the network. And you might face the Discord rtc connecting no route issue because of this.
Changing the DNS Server address is an easy solution for this. Follow the steps given below.
- Click on the Windows search option present beside the Windows startup menu. Type Control Panel and press enter.
- In the Control Panel window that opens as soon as you hit Enter, select “Network and Internet”.
- The Network tab opens. Now search for the “View your active networks status” and click on it. Under the new tab click on Properties. You will find it in the Activity section.
- Choose the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” present under the ‘Networking’ tab. All of these options are present under the ‘WiFi or Ethernet properties’.
- Use the IP addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 as the Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS server respectively. Under the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPv4) properties, you will find the “Use the following DNS addresses automatically”. Enter the IP addresses.
- Click on Save changes and then quit all windows. After that, restart your device and check if the error is gone or not.
Solution No 3- Disable Firewall and Antivirus Software
As it is already discussed, different third party Firewall or Antivirus software may raise this issue. As this security software interferes with the working of the Discord application, the Discord no route issue might occur. Deleting the software is the best remedy to solve this issue. The steps for this are given below.
- Launch the Windows Settings tab by pressing the Windows key and I key together from your keyboard. You will find various Windows OS settings under the Settings tab.
- From the list of Windows OS settings, click on the Apps option and open the Apps & Features window.
- Scroll down and search for the Antivirus software and the Firewall already present in your device. As you locate the applications, click on the name of the software.
- On the left side of the software name, you will find an Uninstall option. Click on the option and confirm to remove the security and third-party Firewall from your device.
- Now restart your device and try to open the Discord application.
Solution 4: Change the Server’s Voice Region
While you are trying to connect Discord and communicate with a person from a different country, then you might face the Discord no route error. Servers of different regions usually face this issue as the client is from a different country.
The only possible solution that can resolve this issue is that you contact the person from a different region with whom you want to communicate over Discord and ask him or her to change the server. Thus it will remove the error and will let you communicate with people from different countries over Discord.
If you want to change the settings of the server then go to settings in the Discord application present in your system and select “Server Settings” and then select the suitable “Server region”.