DS4Windows is a prominent portable program for are a DualShock 4 user. It emulates DualShock 4 as the XBOX controller and thus, users find it very helpful for a better gaming experience. Lately, users are complaining of confronting a problem with it. They usually claim that for some reason DS4Windows not working to the system.
Although the reasons behind such a problem can be numerous, the majority of users say that they confront this issue due to a recent Windows 10 update or malfunctioning device drivers.
What to do if DS4Windows Bluetooth is Not Working?
You can resolve this issue by implementing various solutions. Thus, make sure to try each of the solutions and check which one works best for you.
Solution 1: Uninstall and Restart DS4
Before moving to other solutions, try to uninstall the DS4 and reinstall it again by following certain steps. Firstly, we will uninstall DS4.
- Quit the DS4 window and then remove any DS4 controller connection.
- Now, press the Windows and R keys together to start the Run window. Within that, type “Control Panel” and then press the Enter button.
- Once the Control Panel opens, go to “Hardware and Sound Settings” and then click on “Device and Printer”.
- Connect your DS4 controller back to your system. Once you get to see the joystick symbol, right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Within the Properties, go to the Hardware tab and double-click on “HID-Compliant Game Controller”. This will open its Properties for you.
- Again, navigate to the Driver and click on Uninstall Device. Now, the game controller will be uninstalled.
- Open the DS4 window on your system and connect the DS4 Controller again.
Solution 2: Re-enable DS4 Controller
There are chances that you are facing this issue because your DS4 Controller got disabled for some reason. Hence, for such issues, it is recommended to enable the DS4 controller by following the steps provided below.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to start the Run window. After that, type “devmgmt.msc” within it and press the Enter button.
- Open the “Human Interface Devices” and select HID Complaint Game Controller.
- Now, enable it so that the DS4 Windows can recognize it successfully.
Solution 3: Uninstall Windows Update
If you have recently updated Windows then also you might confront this issue. Hence, try uninstalling the recent updates and see if it resolves the problem for you or not. You can do so by following the steps provided below.
- Press the Windows and I keys together to start the Settings.
- Click on Update and Security>Windows Update. After that, click on View Installed Update History.
- Click on Uninstall Updates. This will pop up a list of all the updates that have recently been installed on your system.
- Identify the update following which you encountered this problem. Once you find it, click on Uninstall and follow the instructions appearing on the wizard. Restart your system after that.
Solution 4: Hide DS4 Controller Option
Try hiding the DS4 Controller option as sometimes the problem can be related to some issue where the system identifies the PS4 Controllers as two controllers. Thus, hide the DS4 Controller option, following the steps provided below.
- Open the DS4 application and go to Settings.
- There you will find an option stating “Hide DS4 Controller”.
- Mark the box beside it and navigate to the Controllers tab.
- Connect the Controller and check if it gets detected or not.
Solution 5: Install the PS4 Remote Play App
If the problem persists then you can try installing the PS4 Remote Play application and check if the issue resolves. Here is how you can do so.
- At first, download and install the PS4 Remote Play application from their official website.
- Once it gets downloaded and installed successfully, go to Start and type device manager within the search box. Press the Enter button.
- Search for lib32 wireless driver and right-click on wireless controller driver. Now, uninstall the driver and put a checkmark beside the “Delete the driver software for this device” option.
- Now, plug in DS4 and wait for some time for the drivers to install.
- Again, download and install the DS4 Windows while the DS4 is disconnected. Connect the DS4 again and check if it gets detected.
- Mark the Hide DS4 option from the DS4 settings. Unmark “Swipe touchpad to change profile” option if only default profile is required.
So these were some of the solutions by which you should be able to resolve the situation where ds4windows are not working on Windows 10.