The error code 0xC000007B is one of the most complicated and confusing error codes that usually occurs after the upgradation of the Windows to a newer version. The error code 0xC000007B strikes with an error notice that says “the application was unable to start correctly”. This is basically an application error code that occurs while you are trying to open or installing a new application on your Windows 10. Several users’ are puzzled with this annoying error code as it is quite challenging to deal with. So, if you are one of those unlucky people and wondering for a permanent solution on how to fix error 0xC000007B, then you have come to the right post.
In this content, we will explore all the probable causes and effective solution to crack this error code as soon as possible.
Probable Causes why Error 0xC000007B Occurs?
If your computer is affected by Windows error code 0xC000007B, then there might be several reasons behind this error. This error mostly occurs due to the wrong installation process or the incomplete installation of the software application.
Sometimes, due to the corrupted driver or if the driver goes faulty, it will cause error code 0xC000007B on your computer. An outdated BIOS version is another prime suspect for this error code. Incomplete installation of the Windows version or the wrong installation will also trigger this annoying issue.
However, you can easily eliminate this error by implementing some of the effective hacks that we will discuss in the next segment.
Simple Methods to Fix Error 0xC000007B
We have arranged a few effective methods in order to rescue your Windows from application error windows 10. You can go through either one of these solutions or all the solutions until you have the error code fixed permanently.
Method 1: Reboot your Computer/Laptop Manually
The initial method you have to perform is to reboot your computer in order to eliminate this error code 0xC000007B. Sometimes, rebooting the computer can heal several error codes including the application error. Go through the steps below to reboot your computer.
- If the computer is turned on, simply close all the running tabs. Now, click on the Windows start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- After that, select the power button and click on that to select the Restart option. You can also do the same by pressing Alt+F4 key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, after pressing the Restart button, the screen will go black completely and then do nothing.
- Wait for the computer to start automatically and then wait for a couple of minutes before you check for the error 0xC000007B.
After successfully completing all the above steps, check for the error code 0xC000007B is resolved. If the error code still persists or the above methods don’t work, try another solution below.
Method 2: Reinstall the Affected Application Manually
If the error code still persists, you need to reinstall the application in order to eliminate this error code 0xC000007B on your Windows 10. Sometimes, the improper installation or the incomplete installation cause this error.
Hence, go through the steps below to perform a fresh installation of that affected software or application.
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows start button from the bottom-left corner of the window.
- After that, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and tap the Enter key.
- When the Control Panel opens, locate the Apps and Features option from the left side of the screen.
- Drive to the Application that you want to Uninstall and Right-click on that file and then select the Uninstall option from the list.
- After that, click on Ok and then on Continue to complete the Uninstallation process of that affected file.
- When the Uninstallation completes, open a Web browser and go to the Manufacturer’s website of that application.
- Select the Download button at the very bottom of the screen and click on that.
- Save the “.exe” in a folder and when the download completes, drive to that folder where you saved the application file.
- After that, double click on that file and select the Extract option and then click on Next.
- Click the Checkbox to Accept all the terms and conditions to install the software application and select the Next option.
- At last, click on the Finish button when the installation completes and close all the tabs on your computer.
After successfully completing all those above steps, restart your computer and see if the error code 0xC000007B is now resolved. If the above method doesn’t work or the error code still persists, try the next solution discussed below.
Method 3: Run an SFC/scannow on the Computer
SFC/scannow is an in-built feature in Windows that allows to detect the errors and resolve them automatically. You need to incorporate this method to settle the error code and get back to your PC as earlier. Go through the steps below to complete the SFC scan on your PC.
- At first, turn On your computer and press the Windows + R key at the same time, on the keyboard to invoke the Run Command.
- When the Run window opens, type ‘SFC/scannow’ in the command box and tap the Enter key or simply click on the OK button.
- On the next window, wait for the scan to complete and when the scan is complete, click on Show Results option.
- After that, click on the Restore/Delete option at the very bottom of the window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and click on Finish, when you are done.
After successfully sorting out the errors, restart the computer and check if the error is now resolved. If still the issue exists, try another solution below.
Method 4: Update the Computer’s BIOS Version
If none of the above methods worked, then updating the computer’s BIOS version is the only hope to eliminate the Windows 10 error 0xC000007B. Go through the steps below in order to update the BIOS version.
Downloading the BIOS File
- At first, turn On your computer and tap the Windows Start button at the left-bottom corner of the window.
- Type “msinfo” into the search bar and tap the Enter key to invoke the System Information on the next window.
- Now, locate the System Model option, on the screen and copy the computer’s model name and number.
- After that, navigate to the BIOS version number on the desktop. On the other hand, if you have a custom-built computer, simply skip this step.
- Now, open a web browser on the desktop and drive to the manufacturer’s website to download the BIOS file.
- Enter the BIOS version number, Model number, and Model name in the box and tap the Enter key to search for the latest BIOS version.
- You can see a list of all the options on the next screen. Simply click on ‘Download’ button at the very bottom of the page.
- Next, click on ‘Confirm’ option to begin the BIOS download.
Installing the BIOS
- After the download completes, move to the Drive/Folder where you have saved the BIOS file and simply open the folder.
- Copy all the files to a USB drive and restart the computer to begin the process.
- When the logo appears on the startup screen, simply press the F12 key to enter the BIOS setup page.
- Select the BOOT tab from the screen and ensure that the USB drive is showing the Flash option.
- Select the Flash option, from the Advanced tab and allow the computer to update the BIOS.
- Double-click on the BIOS.exe file and select the Extract option from the list.
- Now, click on Run, and then on Next to begin the installation process.
- Click on the “Accept all the Terms and Conditions” checkbox, and then click on Next option until the software application begins to install.
- Do not turn Off the computer while the BIOS is updating and click on Finish button after the BIOS installation gets complete.
After successfully performing all those steps, restart your computer and check if the error code is resolved.
We have shared all the effective and suitable solutions in order to eliminate 0xC000007B windows 10 error. You can go through either one of these solutions or all the solution until you have the application error windows 10 fixed. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to fix 0xC000007B.
In case the error still exists or the above methods don’t work, then there might be some other internal glitches or the hardware issues. In that case, strongly you can take an expert’s guidance or professional help to get back your PC in working state as earlier. Lastly, we recommend you share your valuable feedback below in the comment segment to let us know about your experience.