Kodi is a powerful open-source software through which you can stream movies, TV series, cable TV channels, music and even podcasts. It works through plugins or Add-ons which are installed through repositories to act as a database and source for streaming the media content. Exodus is one such popular Add-on for Kodi. However, users have recently complained that the Exodus search was not working. Exodus search not working problems arise because of the incorrect search filters or a poor internet connection. Accordingly, it can also happen due to a banned API key that relates to the search function in Kodi.
Steps to Fix Kodi Exodus Search Not Working
Here, we have discussed a few simple tricks to help resolve this problem in no time. Thus go through the following steps accordingly.
Solution 1: Delete Exodus Cache
Exodus search may not be working if the cache files get corrupted. Thus, you need to clear the cache files of Exodus. To do so, perform the following steps accordingly.
- Initially, head over to the Add-ons option and go to the Exodus option.
- After that, go to the Tools option and scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- Here, you have to click ‘Exodus: Clear cache’. When asked for a confirmation, tap on the OK option.
Now, you will find that the cache will be automatically reset. Lastly, restart the application and check whether the search is working as expected or not.
Solution 2: Change Stream Time
Another way to fix this problem is by changing the Stream time. To do that, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Navigate to the Add-ons option and then go to My add-ons.
- After that, head over to the Video add-ons option and select Exodus.
- There, you need to go to Tools and select the General option. Now, change the Providers Timeout option to 20-35 seconds with the help of the slider.
- Lastly, select the OK option to save your changes.
Finally, restart the Kodi application to see whether the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Update Exodus
To fix the Exodus search function not working issue, you need to make sure that the Exodus is up to date. This can be easily done by following the given steps.
- First, head over to the Add-ons menu. Here, right click on the Exodus Add-on and choose ‘Information’. For smartphone and Smart TV users, you have to long press the option to see this option.
- In the next menu, you have to click on the Update Option. Now, it will automatically search the repository and download the necessary updates.
- Thereafter, follow the instructions to update the Exodus application on your device.
In case this does not solve the issues, you can try to reinstall Exodus. For this, you need to first uninstall Exodus. Thus, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Launch Kodi and go to the Add-ons option.
- Go to the upper left corner to select the package icon.
- After that, navigate to My add-ons option and then select Video Add-ons.
- Then, head over to Exodus and select the Uninstall option.
- Lastly, you need to confirm and select the Yes option.
For the next step, you have to now install Exodus once again by following the steps below.
- From the Kodi’s main screen, head over to the Add-Ons option.
- Now, head over to the upper left corner to select the Package icon.
- Thereafter, go to the zip file to select the Install option.
- Browse to the location where you saved the Kodi Bae Repository. Then, select the install option.
- Next, head over to the Video add-ons option. Navigate to the Exodus add-on and then tap the Install button. Now, wait for a few minutes until it is installed in the system.
Thereafter, go to the Exodus Add-on and check if the problem has been resolved or not.
Solution 5: Register API Key With Trakt
As mentioned earlier, Exodus search may not be working if its API key has been blocked. To resolve this, you can register a new API key with the help of Trakt. Hence, follow the steps below.
- Open any browser and head over to the Trakt New Application Page. Here, create a new account to register a new application.
- Now, you have to put in any made up name in the Name box.
- Go to the ‘redirect URL box’ and type the following info.
- Thereafter, click on the Save App option. Next, you will be redirected to a new page.
- Take a pen and a paper and note down the Client ID along with the Secret Code from this new page.
Now, you have to first go to your Smart TV if you are using Kodi on it. There, follow the steps given below.
- Navigate to the Play Store and then download and install the ES File Explorer.
- Once installed, launch the application and scroll down to the end of the page. Here, you will see an option to ‘Show Hidden Files’. Simply click on it to enable it.
- Next, scroll further down to select the Network option. Then, you have to open the ‘Remote Manager’ to turn it on. From here, note down the FTP address.
- Now, you have to go to a PC or a laptop. There, press the Windows logo key along with the letter ‘E’ at the same time. This will launch the Windows File Explorer.
- Click on the address bar and enter the FTP address to access your Smart TV. Make sure that both the devices are on the same network.
- Next, navigate to the following directory.
- Here, find and copy the trakt.py file onto your computer. Right click the copied file and open it with a text editor.
- Find and replace the value of V2_API_KEY with the Client ID you copied earlier. Accordingly, do the same with CLIENT_SECRET and enter the Secret Code.
- Save the changes and copy the file back to the original directory. When prompted, replace the original file with the modified one.
- Thereafter, restart your Smart TV for the changes to take place. Now the problem should be resolved.
If you use Kodi on your desktop, then you have to find the trakt.py file in the installed directory. For smartphone users, the directory is the same as Smart TV’s path since it is an Android device too.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned steps should help you to fix the Exodus search not working issue without any hassle. Generally, clearing the cache or registering a new API key helps to fix the problem right away. Alternatively, you can search for the lead actor or actress of the movie you’re searching and select the movie from the search results. This can be a little lengthy process but it works.