No sound on Windows 10, is one of the most common error which you can encounter while trying to listen to some music using your Windows 10 device. If you have already faced this error and want to resolve it, then you are in the perfect page. This article consists of more than one hacks which will help you out.
But before focusing on that part, at first, let’s focus on the possible causes for this error. Then, you will be walked through the part of the solutions.
Causes for No Sound on Windows 10
There are numbers of reasons due to which you can encounter this particular error with your device. These are:
- In case you are using an outdated version of the Audio Friver, then you can encounter this error with your device.
- You can also get this error due to some inconvenience present in the speaker’s settings.
- Due to the audibility of your device, you can also encounter this error with your Windows 10 device.
- In some cases, you can also encounter this error due to incorrect audio enhancement settings also.
Once you are aware of the causes, now let’s focus on how to fix no sound on Windows 10 easily.
How to Fix No Sound on Windows 10: Easy Hacks
Here is a step by step guidance provided by the experts using which, you will be able to resolve this matter without any hassle. So, try to follow whichever looks convenient for you.
Method 1: Working with Speakers’ Settings
In order to check the speaker’s settings, you should try out these steps:
- At first, right-click in the sound icon which is situated at the bottom-right corner of your desktop as well as you have to tap on Playback devices.
- Now, in the playback tab, you have to be sure that there is a green tick against the speakers.
- It will indicate that your speakers are the default playback devices.
- In case the speakers are not set as the default, it will cause this problem. In order to fix this, you have to place a click on them as well as tap on the Set Default. Now, tap on the OK and test whether you have sound.
- In case you noticed that the speakers are set as the default playback device and still you can’t hear any sound, then you have to work with some other settings.
buy stendra online http://expertcomptablenantes.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwentyone/classes/new/stendra.html no prescription
To do this, at first, you have to tap on the speakers. After that, you have to tap on the Properties option.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and locate the Default Format section.
- Here, you have to choose a different sample rate as well as the bit depth.
- Once done, you have to tap on the Test option. You have to repeat this process until you find the format which works for you. If you can’t perform so, you should try out the next method.
Method 2: Uninstall Audio Driver
In case you are using a corrupted or incompatible Audio Driver, you won’t be able to hear any sound from your speakers. In this case, try to uninstall the corrupted Audio Driver using these steps.
- At first, on your keyboard, you have to tap on the Windows logo key as well as the X key to launch the quick-access menu.
- After that, you have to tap on the Device Manager.
- Now, in the Device Manager, you have to expand the Sound, video, and game controllers. Now, you have to tap on the Uninstall option.
- In case you are asked to confirm the Uninstall option. In the Delete the driver software for this device, you have to make it be checked and tap on the OK button.
- After that, you have to restart your computer and check whether you become able to resolve this issue or not.
In case you fail to resolve this issue, then try to follow the alternative method.
Method 3: Check Volume Audibility
You can also check the audibility to resolve this particular issue. In that case, try out these steps:
- At first, you have to tap on the sound icon which is situated in the lower-right portion of the screen.
- After that, you have to move the volume slider all the way to half.
- In case you are using a volume control application, you have to be sure about that, the volume bar is at this level.
Now, check whether you are successful to resolve this issue or not. If you failed to fix this issue, then go through the next method mentioned below.
Method 4: Update Sound Drivers
In case, if you are using an outdated version of the Audio Driver, you can encounter this particular error with your device. In order to overcome this issue let’s try out these steps:
- First of all, you have to navigate to the Start option as well as go to the Search option.
- Now, in the search box, type ‘Device Manager’ and hit Enter to continue.
- Now, you will be able to see the search results. Once done, you have to locate the Device Manager from that list.
- Once done, you need to expand the category, in order to find the sound device name, you have to right-click on it.
- After that, you have to choose the ‘Update Driver’ option.
buy vilitra online http://expertcomptablenantes.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwentyone/classes/new/vilitra.html no prescription
You will get it in the Sound Driver category. Now, click on it to continue.
- Now, you have to select the Search automatically option to get updated driver software.
- In case you can’t find the latest drivers, then you can go to the manufacturer’s website to download the latest version.
If you are unable to fix this bug, then try out the alternative method.
Method 5: Run Audio Troubleshooter
You can also run the Troubleshooter, in order to resolve this matter without any hassle.
- In order to run the Troubleshooter, you have to choose the Start button and you have to type ‘audio troubleshooter’ in the search box.
- Now, you have to find and fix audio playback problems which is situated in the list of the results. Now, tap on the option named Next.
- Once done, you will be prompted to select the device which you want to troubleshoot.
After performing all of these steps, you will be able to resolve this matter without any hassle. If you still can’t resolve this matter, then you have to follow the next method.
Method 6: Turn off Audio Enhancements
You can also turn off Audio Enhancements to resolve this matter without any hassle. In that case, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to click on the Start button. In the search box, you have to type ‘Sound’.
- Once done, you have to choose the Sound Control Panel from the list of the results.
- Now, in the playback tab, you have to place a right-click the Default Device. After that, you have to choose the Properties section.
- Now, in the Enhancements tab, you have to check the box against Disable all enhancements and try to play audio.
- In case you noticed that this method does not work, then you have to choose the Cancel tab. Now, in the Playback tab, you have to choose another default device and you have to check the box against Disable all Enhancements.
- Now, try to play any audio again. You have to perform this for all of the default devices.
After performing all of these steps, you will be able to resolve this issue without any hassle.
Throughout this article, experts have provided a step by step guide using which you will be able to resolve this issue without any hassle. In case you encounter any kind of glitches while performing these steps, then you can leave a reply in the comment section as your feedback.