QuickBooks is an accounting software package used by many small and medium-sized enterprises to create tax reports and invoices. But, it has some flaws like every application.
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is a common error that comes with the message “80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)” or “Description: Error loading type library/DLL.”
This error may arise due to several reasons like corrupted download, incomplete installation, QuickBooks application deleted accidentally, etc.
Sometimes, malware or virus invasion and damaged or corrupted Windows registry files can also trigger this error.
If you are getting the same error, have a look at the guide discussed below. Here, you will know some common ways to eliminate this QuickBooks error in minutes.
Easy Hacks to Fix Error Code 80029c4a QuickBooks 2017
Various methods are available to solve the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a in version 2017 and other. Before trying them, you need to back up the QuickBooks and computer data. Afterward, you can move on to the solutions provided below:
Way 1: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
You can perform a clean installation of QuickBooks to get rid of this error. To perform this, you must have the installation CD.
How to Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks?
First, make sure that you have logged into the system using an Admin account. Then, perform the steps as follows:
First of all, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu. Click on the drop-down menu of the ‘View as’ option and choose ‘Category’ from the list. Tap on the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option by going to the Programs section.
Now, search for the QuickBooks option by scrolling down the list. Afterward, click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
It will open a pop-up window with two options: Remove and Repair. So, tap on the ‘Remove’ button and then ‘Next’ button to remove this program from the Control Panel.
A window will pop-up with the message ‘Do you want to completely remove QuickBooks for Windows?’. Click on the Yes button and wait for a few seconds.
Once the uninstallation process completes, you can click on the Finish button. Then restart the system to check if the error persists.
After uninstalling the QuickBooks application, you have to rename the installation folder so it doesn’t use the remaining files after reinstalling. To do this, you can perform the steps given below:
- First, click twice on the ‘This PC’ icon located at the desktop and open the ‘C:’ drive.
- Go to the folders given below and rename them by adding ‘.old’ at the end.
1st: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
2nd: C:\Users\(current user)AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
3rd: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
4th: 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Note: If you are unable to find the below-mentioned folders, you can search in the ‘Hidden Files and Folders’ section. To do this, go to the View tab from the File Explorer’s menu and choose the ‘Hidden items’ from the list.
As a result, it will open the hidden files in the system. Now, you will find the above folders in the hidden section.
After performing a clean installation, open QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved. Else, you can perform the further procedures described below.
Way 2: Run Reboot.bat
You also can solve this QuickBooks 2015 error code 80029c4a by running the ‘reboot.bat’ file. To run this, you can take a glance at the steps given below:
- First and foremost, close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Afterward, open the folder where the ‘reboot.bat’ file is located.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Open file location’ option from the list.
- Now, right-click on the ‘reboot.bat’ file and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option. Make sure that the ‘reboot.bat’ file is running with Admin’s privilege.
Note: Depending on the Windows Folder Options settings, this file may show as ‘reboot’ or ‘reboot.bat’.
- Wait for a few seconds. Don’t exit from the active window. It will close automatically once the ‘reboot.bat’ file has been executed.
- Afterward, you can restart the computer to apply the changes.
After that, you can check if the issue persists. Otherwise, you can run the System File Checker to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
Way 3: Run the SFC or System File Checker
SFC is an in-built utility in Windows Operating System that can scan the entire device for any corrupted system files. It also has the ability to repair or replace the damaged registry files on your computer.
- In the beginning, go to the Start menu and type “command prompt” in the search bar.
- Afterward, press the Enter key from the keyboard by holding the Shift and Ctrl tabs simultaneously.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click on the Yes button.
- Once it opens an elevated Command Prompt, type “sfc /scannow” in the command line.
- Press the Enter key to execute this command.
Now, wait for a few seconds until it completes the scanning procedure. If it detects any corrupted or damaged system files, it will fix them automatically. After running the System File Checker, you can check the status of the error.
Else, you can update QuickBooks as your last resort.
Way 4: Update QuickBooks Program
If all the above hacks failed to eliminate this error, then you can try this one. Update the QuickBooks app to get rid of this error. Here are the steps you can perform to do this:
- Go to the File menu and choose the ‘Close Company/Logoff’ option from the list. If there are several company files in the QuickBooks Desktop, you can apply this step for all of them.
- Afterward, it will navigate to the ‘No Company Open screen’ window and select the ‘Update QuickBooks’ option by going to the Help menu.
- Tap on the Options and select the ‘Mark All’ option from the list.
- Then, tap on the Save button and then click on the ‘Update Now’ button.
- Next, tap on the ‘Reset Updates’ button.
- Click on the ‘Get Updates’ option. Once the ‘Update Complete’ message appears, you can exit from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, perform the installation process by following the on-screen prompt and restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, you can check if the error is resolved.
With this, we are going to wrap up this post. We hope, after applying the above-mentioned solutions, it will help you to get rid of this QuickBooks error.