One of the best audio streaming platforms is Spotify. Still, when the users use this platform in the long term, they face some problems such as Spotify error code 4. When this error pops-up randomly, you won’t be able to use this platform anymore until and unless you resolve it.
Oftentimes, the Spotify error code 4 triggers due to the incorrect internet connection settings. Apart from that, software incompatibility and incomplete firewall settings are also responsible for this annoying situation.
Basically, the error code appears with an error message saying that “No internet connection detected. Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection.”
Though this is a frustrating situation, you can easily resolve the problem with the help of some amazing methods discussed in the section below. Hence, go through this post to know about it in detail.
Spotify Offline Error Code 4: Get it Fixed with Easy Solutions
The error code 4 on Spotify often causes due to the antivirus tool. This antivirus tool blocks the client and prevents the internet connection.
Therefore, go through these troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the error code 4.
Fix 1: Use a Different DNS
The major reason for this error code is a faulty internet connection. The internet connection did not accept the Spotify server and as a result, the error code 4 appears along with the error message.
To get rid of this situation, you need to use a different DNS from the Control Panel section. Then follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, press the Windows + R key at the same time to open the Run window. Thereafter, type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the Run box and hit the Enter button to launch the Internet Connection Settings under the Control Panel Section.
- Thereafter, double-click on any active Network Adapter and then click on the Properties option. Next, search for the Internet Protocol Version 4 from the list.
- Select IPv4 and then click on the Properties option. After that, click on the General tab and switch the button from the Properties section to the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses.’
- Afterward, set the preferred DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and the alternate DNS server would be 126.96.36.199.
- Validate the values and then click on the OK button to apply the changes immediately.
Now, check whether the problem gets resolved or not. Otherwise, move to the next solution.
Fix 2: Change the Proxy Type in Spotify Settings
According to the users, changing the proxy setting of the Spotify is always a viable method to resolve the error code 4.
The option which usually resolved the error code is HTTPS but Auto-Detect also works often. Before giving up, you should try multiple entries to resolve the problem. To do so, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, double-click on the Spotify icon available on the desktop to open it. Now, open the Settings option.
- Thereafter, click on the drop-down menu under the Proxy type option and choose the option from it.
- Afterward, apply the changes and now, the error code 4 on Spotify no longer exists.
Fix 3: Add Spotify to Antivirus Exceptions
Spotify error code 4 in Windows 10 is often tied with the antivirus incompatibility as it blocks the Spotify from connecting to the internet properly.
If nothing could help, you need to uninstall the antivirus software from your device. Still, you need to add the Spotify executable as the exception in the antivirus software. Here is how to do that:
- In the beginning, locate the antivirus on your desktop and double-click on it to launch the Antivirus user interface.
- Thereafter, search for the Exception setting. The exception settings option will be present in different spots with respect to the different antivirus software.
- After that, click on the Additional option under the Settings section. Now, choose the Threats and Exclusions option.
- Then click on the Exclusions. After that, specify Trusted Applications and then Add the Spotify executable file.
- Finally, restart the system and check the status of the error code 4.
Fix 4: Fix Spotify Error through the Windows Firewall
A certain number of users reported that some of the applications could be blocked by the Windows Firewall. For this reason, the Spotify application won’t connect to the internet.
To unblock the Spotify manually, go through the steps described in the section below.
- Firstly, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section. Thereafter, click on the System and Security section.
- Next, click on the Windows Firewall option and then choose the Allowed Apps section. Therefore, locate the Spotify application from the list and check the box.
- Click on the OK button and then see if it works or not.
Fix 5: Turn Off the Antivirus Software
Unfortunately, the antivirus software also blocks the Spotify application in order to access the internet connection. In such situations, you need to turn off the antivirus software. To do that, check out the steps stated hereunder.
- Launch the antivirus software and then move to the Settings section.
- Then click on the Turn On/Off the antivirus software.
After disabling the antivirus software, try to launch the Spotify antivirus and check if the problem resolved or not.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Spotify Application
If all the solutions mentioned in the above section failed to resolve the problem, then you need to uninstall the Spotify application and then reinstall it with the fresh version.
- To remove the Spotify application, press the Start button and then move to the Control Panel section.
- After that, tap on the Programs and Features section.
- Now, locate the Spotify application from the list and right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the system screen.
- Select the Uninstall option from the list. It will take some time to complete the uninstallation process.
After that, launch a web browser and download the latest version of the Spotify application. After doing so, hopefully, you will no longer get any error messages in the Spotify application.
Undoubtedly, these are the best solutions to resolve Spotify error code 4.