Steam is a software which is designed by the Valve Corporation. Sometimes the steam user faces some irritating issue like Steam won’t open or Steam won’t get launch. There can be many reasons which are responsible for Steam not opening. The problem might irritate you when you can’t open the Stream. You won’t be able to play any of your favorite games from your Steam library.
But you don’t need to be scared. You can easily fix this issue by following some simple troubleshooting steps. The following are some solutions through which you can fix the issue.
Close All the Steams Task Running In The Background
You may find that Steam Client is not completely shut down even after closing that software. Sometimes we close the software, but that software continuously running in the background. So when you try to open Steam later, your system refuses to launch your Steam software as it’s already running. In these cases, you need to end all the task using the Task Manager. To do so you need to follow the below steps:
- Right click on the empty space of the taskbar. So after clicking on the empty space of the taskbar, you get an option like Task Manager or Start Task Manager. You need to hit on that option.
- You should end all the Steam tasks whichever is running. Right click on it and hit on ‘End Process’.
- After that, the problem will be resolved and you can open that software.
This can be a solution in order to get rid of this problem. There might be a very minor problem and due to that, your Operating System prevents Steam from opening. Sometimes due to some cache, your computer won’t allow the software to open. You can have a fresh boot which will help you to fix this issue.
Restart Your Network Devices
Sometimes due to bad network or due to poor connectivity, your Steams won’t open. If your modem or the router has a corruption problem, this will stop your Steam functioning without notifying you. In this case, you should restart the network device in order to get this issue fixed. To restart the network devices you need to follow the steps below:
- First, you need to shut down your system. Once you are done, that you need to turn off the modem and the router.
- You should unplug the power cables which is connected through the modem and the router.
- Once you unplug the cables you need to wait for some time.
- After that, you should plug in the power cables into the modem or the router.
- Start your modem and router. You should wait until the device is fully on.
- Finally, you need to turn your system on and check if you can open the Steam.
Reinstall Your Steam
You can also try for this solution. You should reinstall the Steam. This will fix the Steam files. You need to visit the official website and then download the Steam installer.
- Now go ahead and open the installer which you have downloaded. You just need to follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the Steam.
Restore Your System
In order to get rid of the issue, you can go ahead and restore the system. In order to do that you need to follow the steps below:
- Click on the Start button.
- There will be a white search panel where you can type in.
- You have to type “System Restore” and then hit the Enter button.
- Select the System Restore option and you may get prompted administration password.
- There will be on-screen instructions which you need to follow in order to choose the restore point.
- Then you should go ahead and restore the system.
- Once the system gets restored perfectly, go ahead and check if you can open the Steam Client.
Turn Off Your Antivirus Temporarily
Sometimes your antivirus may not allow the Steam to open. So to avoid this issue you can simply go ahead and turn off your antivirus.
So far, we have explained what is Steam software and why won’t Steam open at times. We have also explained some easy and simple troubleshooting steps which will help you to fix this issue.