Xbox is a popular and advanced gaming console from Microsoft. You can store more than a thousand games here and also chat with other party players. But sometimes, while chatting with them, you can face the 0x89231906 error.
Due to this error, you won’t be able to chat with the party members. Mostly, it happens because of connection failure. This can also occur because of the incompatible NAT (Network Address Translation) types.
If you are getting this error, resolve it quickly to chat with the party members. Here, we will guide how to fix the Xbox One error.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Xbox Error 0x89231906
This section consists of the key methods to get rid of the Xbox error. So, implement the methods accordingly and eliminate 0x89231906.
Method 1: Check NAT Settings
To fix the Xbox error, you need to first check the NAT settings. There are three types of NAT mode. These are Strict, Moderate, and Open.
If the NAT type is not configured in the “Open” mode, you can face certain issues while chatting with the party members. In that case, you need to change the NAT settings. To do that, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Settings section in Xbox One. Then go to the ‘All Settings” option.
- Next, choose the “Network” option and tap “Network Settings”.
- Now, search for the NAT type. If it is not in “Open” mode, then change it to “Open.”
After changing the NAT settings, try to chat with the party members and check if you can do that. If still facing the same issue, refer to the next method.
Method 2: Turn on Energy-Saving Mode
If the Xbox One is in the stand by mode, you can come across this error while chatting with the party members. To resolve this issue, you need to change the mode to Energy Saving following these instructions:
- On the Xbox One Controller, tap on the “Menu” button. Thereafter, go to the Settings option.
- From there, go to “Power & Settings” and choose the “Power Mode” option.
- Now, hold the “A” button on the Controller. After that, select the “Energy-Saving” option from there.
When you turn on the Energy Saving option, the Xbox One will turn off automatically. Next, turn on the power saving mode and check if you can chat with the party members. But, if you are dealing with the same error, then move to the next method.
Method 3: Turn off Console and Unplug Power Cable
Xbox One stores all the temporary files in its cache. However, these temporary files can be corrupted due to several reasons. Due to these corrupted temporary files, you can come across this error.
In that case, you need to turn off the Xbox One and unplug the power cable. To proceed with this solution, you need to implement the steps discussed below:
- Hold and press the “Power” button of the console. This will help you to turn it off.
- Now, after turning off the Xbox console, unplug the power cable.
- Wait for a while and then reconnect the power cable to the console.
- Now, turn on the device by tapping the “Power” button.
After turning off and unplugging the power cable from the console, check if you have fixed the Xbox error. If not, then go to the next section to get it solved easily.
Method 4: Change Privacy Settings and Clear Persistent Storage
If the privacy settings conflict with the network connection, you can get this error. In that case, you need to change the privacy settings on Xbox One.
How to Change the Privacy Settings?
Changing the privacy settings of Xbox One is quite easy and simple. For that, you need to apply these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” section on the Xbox One, then select the “Privacy & online safety” option.
- Choose the “View details & customize” option form there. Now, you will see several columns on the screen.
- Check if all the columns are set to the “Everybody” or “Allow” option.
After changing the privacy settings, you need to now go for clearing the persistent change.
How to Clean Persistent Storage?
Persistent storage keeps all the Blu-Ray related disc files. These disc files can cause issues while chatting with the party members. So, its better if you clear the blue disc-related files from Xbox One. To do that, you just need to implement the instructions given below:
- Go to the “Settings” of the Xbox One. From there, go to the “Disc & Blu-Ray” section.
- Choose the “Blu-Ray” option from there. Now. choose the “Persistent Storage” option.
- Tap on the ”Clear persistent storage” option.
After clearing the persistent storage, check if you can fix the error. But, if you are still getting the error, it is suggested to go to the next method.
Method 5: Set Language and Location
If you have given an incorrect location and language, you can get certain server issues in Xbox One. In that case, you need to modify your demographic details to run the device properly. To try this solution, you can refer to the following steps:
- Go to the “Settings” section of the Xbox One application.
- Now, tap on the “All settings” option and go to the “System” section.
- Choose the “Language & Location” and give the correct “Location” and “Language” in the appropriate field.
After changing the language and location, try to chat with the party members. Hopefully, you will be able to fix the Xbox error by implementing the above-mentioned methods. But, if you are still seeing the error, we would suggest you set the network configuration to “Static”.