A common issue that users face on their Windows computers is while trying to install or uninstall a program. The installation or uninstallation as the case may be, fails, and shows a message reading:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package.
buy strattera online http://bodypointforme.com/wp-content/themes/twentysixteen/inc/new/strattera.html no prescription
Problems with Windows Installer form the primary cause for the appearance of this error. Apart from that, unrecognizable registry values of the program you are trying to install/ uninstall may be another reason for this error.
The Feature You are Trying to Use is on a Network Resource that is Unavailable: Fixes to Try
Mostly some internal technical flaws are responsible for causing the network resource unavailability issues. Whatever be the reason, you can try the fixes mentioned below one by one and hopefully, the issue will be fixed.
Solution 1: Edit the Windows Registry
- Press the Windows and R key together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “regedit” in the text box of the Run dialog box and hit the OK button.
- Next, navigate to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products.
- Select each folder under Products to display its contents in the right pane.
- Now, if you find anything called Product Name in the right pane, right-click on each of the entries and choose Export from the pop-up menu.
- Then, right-click on the listing again and select Delete from the context menu that appears on the screen.
- Finally, reboot the PC and run the installer file again to check if this method resolved the issue.
Solution 2: Check the Windows Installer
If the Windows installer stops responding, then you can face network availability issues quite often. Therefore, you might go through the steps given below and fix the error effectively.
- Type “services” in the Cortana search box and press the Enter key to launch the Windows Service screen.
- Now, check the status of the Windows Installer whether is enabled or not.
- If the status is disabled, then double-click on the listing and turn the service on.
- Now, change the Startup Type to Automatic or Manual.
- Finally, close the window, try doing what you were when you confronted the error and check whether the message “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable” pops up or not.
Solution 3: Run the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Running the Microsoft Installer troubleshooter is the easiest way to get rid of this issue.
- First, download and install the Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from the official Microsoft website.
- Now, open the software by double-clicking on it.
- Then, click on the “Detect problems and apply the fixes for me (recommended)”.
- Confirm by tapping the OK button.
- After getting approval, the troubleshooter will try to detect the exact issues and repair the problem effectively.
- Wait until the process is finished and restart the PC normally. Now, verify whether the problem got resolved or not.
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Boot
A clean boot plays an effective role in resolving this annoying issue. To do that in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Type “MSConfig” in the search box and press the Enter key to open the System Configuration Utility.
- Now, click on the General tab and then choose the Selective Startup option.
- After that, Clear the Load Startup Items checkbox and go to the bottom.
buy lexapro online http://bodypointforme.com/wp-content/themes/twentysixteen/inc/new/lexapro.html no prescription
- Next, ensure that Use Original boot configuration is enabled and also enable the checkbox that says, “Load System Services”.
- Close the Microsoft Service configuration window and restart your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I run the Windows Installer in Safe Mode?
Yes, you can run the installer in Command Prompt (Admin) after setting the Windows in Safe Mode with Network. The command is “REG ADD “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer” /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D “Service” and hit the Enter key to execute.
Is Clean Boot Safe?
Clean boot especially isolates a performance issue instantly. Using it, you can troubleshoot the Windows Installer errors effectively.