After upgrading the LG G4 smartphone, most of the users confront that their LG G4 won’t turn on. Since there is absolutely no power going through the phone, this is a classic sign of a defective power IC chip.
buy Cozaar generic blobuyinfo.com over the counter
The problem might arise when there is dirt or lint stuck inside the charging port and your phone will not charge properly. Apart from that, battery issues, booting problems also responsible for this annoying issue.
If you are going through this problem, then go through the solutions mentioned in the section below.
Fix LG G4 Won’t Turn On Or Charge Issue with Probable Solutions:
Before going to any service center to resolve the problem, simply apply these troubleshooting methods and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Fix 1: Perform a Soft Reset
When you encounter a problem, the first thing that you need to try is to reset the phone. This is almost similar to removing the battery from the phone physically.
Hence, to do this, press the Power button on the phone for a few seconds. You will feel a vibration and light up the phone, then release the power button.
After that, move to the Settings section and then navigate to the General section. Thereafter, click on the About Phone section and then select the Update center option to update the device.
If any update is available, then download it and install it on your device. Now, check whether the problem still persists or not.
Fix 2: Perform a Wipe Cache Partition from the Recovery Mode
If the above solution failed to solve the issue, then performing a wipe on the cache partition might help in solving the problem. These caches may prevent to turn on the device. Therefore, delete the caches to resolve the problem.
To perform this method, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, turn off the phone and then click on the Power and Volume Down button for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the button until the LG logo will appear on the system screen. After that, you will find “Recovery mode loading” on the screen, then release the button.
- After that, with the help of the Volume down button, scroll down and highlight the ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ option.
- To confirm the selection, hit the Power button. It will automatically delete the caches present in that section. When you see a text stating that “wipe cache partition complete”, it means that the process gets completed.
Finally, press the Power button again to reboot the system. And check whether LG G4 won’t turn on or charge problem gets resolved or not. Otherwise, move to the next section.
Fix 3: Booting Up in Safe Mode
If you have installed any third-party application recently on your device which is not compatible with your device, then there is a high possibility that you might encounter this LG G4 not turning on problem.
Therefore, you need to turn on the phone in Safe Mode. When you turn on the phone in Safe Mode, it prevents the third-party application to run. Hence, try to open the phone in Safe Mode.
To do so, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- To apply the steps, first, you need to confirm that the phone is completely switched off. After that, press the Power button and hold it until the LG logo appears on the system screen.
- Thereafter, press the Volume down button and hold it. Due to this, the phone will restart again. After a few moments, you will find the Safe Mode icon in the bottom left corner of the device screen. Now, your device is turning on in Safe Mode.
If you have never had this before while booting up your LG phone, it indicates that some of the third-party applications are creating problems. Therefore, you need to uninstall the application. To uninstall the application, go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, move to the Settings section and then navigate to the General section. Now, tap on the Apps section.
- Here, you will find all the applications installed on your phone. Select the app that you want to remove from your phone.
- Next, click on the Uninstall option and press the OK button to confirm the action.
- You can repeat the steps if you want to remove more than one application.
After completing the procedures, check whether you are getting the same problem or not. Otherwise, you have some other methods also. Just check them.
Fix 4: Perform a Master Reset
In case, if you find that still, you are getting the same problem even after applying the above steps, now, follow this advanced guide.
In this method, you need to perform a master reset of your phone. But in the master reset, the phone will restore from the Factory settings. You can lose your data that are stored on your device. To avoid such a situation, you need to backup data in the SIM card and SD card.
Thereafter, apply the steps described in the section below.
- First of all, turn off the device completely. After that, press and hold the Power button along with the Volume down button.
- Hold the buttons until the LG logo appears on the screen. Now, remove the button and re-hold both buttons for a few seconds.
- Now, release the buttons when you find the factory reset appears on the screen.
- Thereafter, select the Yes button by adjusting the volume keys. To confirm the action, press the Power button.
- Finally, hit the Power button to reset the phone.
Once done, reboot the device and now your phone boots normally.
Hopefully, by now, you have easily solved this LG G4 won’t turn on problem. Simply go through all the solutions carefully and apply them according to your convenience.