Have you ever sent an email message via the Gmail account and after that you are regretting sending it to the recipient? If so, then this is the article that can help you to fix the issue of unsed Gmail. There are some reasons why you need to undo an email message such as if there are any spelling mistakes, then you can get this problem. Another cause of this error is that if you have sent the email to the wrong receiver mistakenly. Further, when the subject of the email is wrong, if you have forgotten to attach some files to the email messages then for that reason you will have to perform an undo of that message. Hence, this article will guide you with the best tricks and tips.
Guidelines to Perform the Unsend Gmail
In this section, you will get easy guidelines that will provide various steps on how to unsend an email in Gmail in an correct manner.
Steps to Undo Emails from the Gmail Mobile Application
Here, in this section, you will get steps that will provide you with elaborate methods to unsend emails from the Gmail app present on a mobile device. To do that, follow the steps underneath.
- First, unlock the mobile device and then locate the Gmail Application. After that, tap on it to launch.
- Next, go to the bottom right edge of the screen and tap on the ‘+’ sign to compose a new email message.
- Once a new message is created, then in order to send it, navigate to the top of the screen and on the left side of the ‘three vertical dots’ tap on the ‘arrow’ icon. In order to attach some files with the message, you can hit the ‘clip’ icon on the left side of the arrow icon
- Once the message is sent to a specific receiver, then you will see a notification ‘Sent’ at the bottom of the screen. Now, if you wish to get back the email that you have sent, then hit the link ‘Undo’ on the right corner of the notification, when you see this box immediately.
- After you undo the message, then it goes to the ‘Draft’ folder.
- To access this folder on the Gmail app tap on the ‘horizontal three lines’ present at the upper corner of the screen, beside the ‘Search mail’ text. This will open the left popup main menu within the Gmail app.
- On this menu, scroll down and locate the ‘Drafts’ folder. Then, press it to open all its contents.
- Now, choose the email that you have recently unsend and then to edit this message tap on the ‘pencil’ icon.
- When edits on your message are over, then to send it once again go to the third step on this point and follow it.
Ways to Activate the Unsend Email Feature Within the Gmail Website
In order to enable the ‘Undo Send’ feature inside the Gmail website, you can perform the following steps.
- First, go to your preferred web browser and then, type the following web address – “mail.google.com” to open the Gmail website.
- Once the website opens up, then locate and tap on the ‘Gear’ icon. After that, from the popup menu, find and choose the option ‘Settings’.
- This will open a new page in the Gmail website only, that has the heading ‘Settings’. Next, select the ‘General’ tab.
- Under this tab, locate the section ‘Undo Send’. After that, beside the label ‘Send cancellation period’, choose the number of seconds you want to delay the email message from the drop-down menu. This option will pause the email that you wish to send to someone for that specific time period.
- At last, go to the bottom the website and then, tap on the button ‘Save Changes’.
Procedure to Perform Undo Email from the Gmail Website
Here, you will get steps that will help you to unsend an email message from the Gmail website. In order to do it, follow the steps beneath.
- Follow the first step on the previous point to launch the Gmail website.
- Then, go to the upper left corner of the website and select the ‘Compose’ button to create a new message.
- Once the message has been created, then tap on the button ‘Send’ at the left side of the popup window ‘New Message’ that comes up. At this moment, you will get a popup notification on the left side of the screen that says ‘Message Sent’.
- Next, on the right side of the notification, there will be a link ‘Undo’, tap on this to unsend the email that you have sent already. This message will be present for a specific period of time that you have chosen on the previous point.
- When the message has been unsend, then it will go to the ‘Drafts’ folder. Now, go to the left panel within this website and choose that folder.
- After that, on the right pane, choose the email on which you have performed the unsend feature. Next, edit that message and send it to the proper receiver.
- Finally, go to the ‘Sent’ folder and search that mail for confirmation.
- There is another way to unsend any emails, which is that after you have sent a message but want to revert it, then just tap on the ‘Z’ key.
- When you undo the email then, a notification ‘Sending has been undone’ will come up and the email will go back to ‘Drafts’ folder.
- Lastly, you will have to press this key under thirty seconds to undo an email message.
If you are still unable to perform the unsend Gmail, even after following all the points on the previous section carefully and minutely then do not worry. Provide the details about the query that you have faced on the comment section present at the bottom of the page. Else, you can opt for experts assistance.