The Google Home app helps the users to set up, manage and control the Google Nest, Home and Chromecast devices. You can now easily control the various household lights, CCTV cameras, and other smart devices using this app.
Besides, Google Home app will also notify you of the important details that you have listed. In the Home tab, you can shortlist the apps such as emails, music.
You can create a routine which will include things like turning off the lights, checking the weather, playing the news by just one single command. So, if you want to avail these features using the Google Home app, you need to move to the next section.
Initial things Before Installing the Google Home App
Before you opt for setting up the Google Home app, you have to look into certain aspects. Or else it might hinder the process while setting up the Google device. Further, you also need to link it up with the phone/tablet.
- You need to check the wireless network name and the password to connect with the Google app.
- The Google Home device should be plugged in properly and it needs to be unboxed properly.
- The mobile or the tablet should be connected with the same wireless network as the Google Home device.
- The router should be in such a place where you will get a good signal strength.
Before you start to set up the app with the Google Home device. You have to check the below-mentioned factors:
- You should have the latest version of the Google Home App.
- The latest version of the Google app should be there in your smartphone (either android or iOs device).
- You should have a Google account.
- The android device that you use needs to be 5.0 or higher than that.
- The wireless network that you want to connect the home device with needs to be 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
- Turn On the Bluetooth in order to connect with the Google Home device.
How to install the Google Home app in Smartphones?
Installing the Google app is quite easy. It only consists of a few steps. Installing the app in the device varies from one operating system to the other.
1. How to install the Google Home App in Android Devices
In the android devices, you have to do the following steps to install Google Home App.
- Open the smartphone. Now, tap on the Playstore.
- In the search box of the play store, write ”Google Home”.
- You will be provided with the searched results of Google home.
- Tap on the first one and then tap on the “Install” button.
- The app will start to install on the device.
- Tap on the “Open” button next to start the setup process.
Setup the Google Home App
After installing the app you have to implement certain additional steps to set it up, such as:
- Open the Google Home App first by tapping on it. Now, tap on the “Get Started” option. Choose the Google account that you want to use.
- Further, you need to tap on the “OK” button. Move to the “Next” button now and then tap on the Allow button to provide permissions.
- Google Home will next search for the available Google devices. Choose the connect Google device from the given list and tap on the “Next” button.
- Tap on the “Yes’ ‘ button to confirm after you hear a noise from the Google home device while setting up.
- Now, you have to choose the correct region, from the region list and then tap on the “continue” button.
- You will get a list of all the languages on the screen, choose the correct language and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Select the room where the Google Home device is located and then tap on the Next button again.
- Select the WiFi network that you want to connect with. Tap on the “Next” button and then choose the WiFi password and finally tap on the “Next” button.
- Select the Next” option next to set up the Google Assistant
Tap on the “Continue button to get the personal results with the voice match. Select the “Continue” button next to finish the process. Tap on the Allow button to use personal results. Put the address and then tap on the “Next” button again.
On the screen, you will get the payment methods to link the Google Home. Choose the method that you want to use and then tap on the `Next” button. Lastly, you have to select the “Continue” button and “Finish” setup process to complete the setup process.
2. For iOS Devices
If you are an iDevice user, you have to follow the below-mentioned guide to install the Google Home app in the device.
- Open the Apple device. Now, go to the Homescreen.
- From the home screen, tap on the App store.
- Move to the App section and then go to the search box.
- In the search box, write “Google Home App”.
- From the searched results, tap on the “Get” option.
- Tap on the “Install” button.
Now, the app will start the installation process. It might take a while to install the app in the iOs device. After installing the app, open it to connect with the Google Home devices.
How to set up the Google Home App in iOS
In the iOS devices, you have to check if the Bluetooth is disabled. If it is disabled, you have to tap on the “Swipe Up” button. And then choose the “tap on the Bluetooth icon and then swipe down to continue the process.
Now, apply the following steps to finish the setup process:
- Google Home will now search for the available Google Home devices.
- Choose the correct Google Home device name and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Click on the Use button, if you hear any noise from the Google devices while setting it up.
- Select the preferred location and then tap on the “Continue” button.
- Next, choose the language and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Select the room where the device is placed and tap on the “Next” button.
- Choose the WiFi network and tap on the Next button. Then, write the WiFi password and tap on the Get button.
- Choose the “Next” button and then tap on the Next button.
- Select the “Continue” button when the voice match message appears on the screen.
- Choose the “Complete” option next and then give your address and check on the Next button.
- Go to the payment method screen and then tap on the Next button.
- Tap on the Next button again and then click on “Finish the setup” option to complete the setup process.
Now, use the Google Home app and continue to enjoy all the exciting features.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use the Google Home App?
Once you install the Google Home app in the device, you have to open the app with the Home devices.
- Plugin the speaker first or you can even plug in the display.
- Now, connect the smartphone with the WiFi that you will use for the speaker or display.
- Now, open the smartphone and tap on the Google Home App.
- Right after that, you have to tap on the “Set up device”.
- Move to the “Set up new devices in your home” option.