Among the webmail services available worldwide, Gmail is popular and user-friendly. Therefore, it is obvious that you have multiple Gmail accounts. When you connect all the Gmail accounts, you always want to keep all things together so that you don’t need to switch the gear on a periodic basis. You just need to try some few tricks to make amends. Although it is relatively easy to link Gmail accounts, it is of utmost importance to organize the Gmail inbox properly. Therefore, go through this informative post to know how to link Gmail accounts.
Prominent Ways to Link 2 Mail Accounts
Let’s take a look at the under-mentioned steps pertaining to how to link Gmail accounts seamlessly.
Procedure 1: Adding a Second Email Address
You are having one Gmail account which can examine more frequently than the other users. Therefore, you need to use this as the primary email. This will obtain all emails from the secondary accounts you establish previously, This is basically the Gmail account linked to My Google Calendar.
The main purpose of the primary Gmail account is to give you the option to obtain, search, as well as send replies to the secondary Gmail IDs associated with the main account.
Therefore, move to the primary Gmail account and then connect the secondary Gmail address to it:
- In your Primary Gmail account, you need to press on the gear icon. After that, you just need to press on Settings option present at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, you have to click the Accounts option and after that press Import tab. Thereafter, in the Send mail marked as setting, you need to press on Add another email address you own.
- You will find a new webpage. After that, write your name in the name field option. For the email address, you need to provide the second email ID you wish to associate from this account.
- Next, you need to examine the Treat as an alias box only if you like to respond to any email sent to any of the linked accounts from the specified address you choose. Moreover, you have the provision to uncheck the box.
- After that, you need to select a particular email address from where you can reply. This is a bit confusing. Hence, the Gmail support page will help you to negate the issue.
- You will receive a verification message to this email. This is to ensure that you are the owner of that particular account.
- Moreover, you then need to provide the verification code which you receive in this email address. After that, tap on the “Verify” option. Else, you can press on the verification link.
- When the verification gets over, you can view that the second email address in your primary account named as “Send mail as” section.
- When you write an email, you will get a new option in the “From” field. You just need to tap on that email address, and the receiver can view the address.
10, However, don’t need to shut down the second email account. This will be helpful for you in the next step.
Procedure 2. Forward Incoming Mail
Go through the under-mentioned steps to understand the process.
- In order to understand how to link Gmail accounts, first and foremost thing is to open the Settings page for the second Gmail account from where you wish to read emails.
- Next, you have to press the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Furthermore, you have to enter your Primary email address in the Forward option as a duplicate copy of incoming mail to box.
- After that, you need to choose an option present in the drop-down menu:
- Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox
- Archive Gmail’s copy
- Delete Gmail’s copy
- Finally, you need to tap on Save Changes.
Henceforth, you don’t have the provision to open this secondary account whenever you examine your emails. You just have to log into your primary account.
If you follow the next two steps generously, you can easily establish your primary inbox so that you can distinguish each account from the others. Go through the next steps in order to have a comprehensive idea about how to link Gmail accounts.
Procedure 3. Make a Label for Incoming Email
Implementation of Labels in Gmail will help you to understand how to link Gmail accounts. Through this, you can easily manipulate your inbox. You will not get perplexed by the labels.
The main motive is to detect the emails coming from the Gmail accounts which you have already linked.
- You can make particular labels for each linked Gmail account.
- After that, you can use smart filters in order to remove them.
- Next, you need to shift to your Primary email account.
- After that, you need to move down to the bottom of the page.
- Then, you need to perform thorough research for Create new labels link present on the left-hand side of the window.
- Thereafter, tap on the link for the purpose of opening the New Label field box.
- Eventually, you need to write the name for your label. You have the provision to use the actual email address but that totally depends on you. Then, click on Create.
Moreover, you can perform a lot of experiments using labels to understand how to link Gmail accounts. You need to provide a unique color to each linked email account.
Else, you have the provision to make sub-levels for different sorts of emails.
Procedure 4. Create a Filter to Automatically Organize Your Inbox
A choked inbox is not the sole problem which can be resolved using smart Gmail filters since it has manifold uses.
However, filters are regarded as sturdy user’s fishing net when you are associating other Gmail accounts to the main hub. This will help you to know more about how to link Gmail accounts.
- First, you need to press the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab, which is present adjacent to the Accounts and Import tab available in the Primary email account settings.
- Then, you need to move down and press in order to create a new filter.
- After that, you must provide your secondary email address in the From field which you can find adjacent to the screen.
- Next, you need to make a filter using this search. In the next screen, you will find several options under the tab marked as When a message arrives that matches this search.
- After that, you need to examine Apply the label. Thereafter, you need to select the label that you have created in the previous step.
- Moreover, you need to press on the blue Create filter button. Moreover, you have the provision to choose Also apply filter to X matching conversations if you are having any earlier emails associated with the linked account.
A Quicker Alternative:
There is a particular message you can use in order to create a filter. Often, the quickest and easiest way to create a filter on the fly.
- Just, you need to Open Gmail.
- After that, examine the checkbox adjacent to the email you want.
- Furthermore, press on More.
- Next, you need to press Filter messages like these.
- Finally, you need to provide the filter criteria.
Now you can easily download emails from your Secondary email account into Primary email account. After that, you need to move automatically to the Label that you specified.
With the help of filters, you can separate your email. Also, you can keep it in a proper way in order to avoid stiff competition from the emails from the linked Gmail account.
You have the provision to send email from both email accounts without switching the gear.
Use the Gmail Lab feature – Multiple Inboxes
You will understand how to link Gmail accounts with the implementation of Multiple Inboxes. This is nothing but an important feature of Gmail Labs. You can employ this effectively when you like to see an email from various linked Gmail accounts.
Also, you have the option to organize them in several inboxes with the same account which can fulfill your desire to link 2 Gmail accounts. Multiple Inboxes is readily available along with mini inboxes. They segregate your incoming email into different sections on the basis of email type.
You must take into consideration that you can only implement this for accounts that do not employ Gmail’s extra tabs such as Social, Promotions, Updates, and Forums.
- Enable Multiple Inboxes from the Labs tab in Gmail Settings.
- Always consider to Save the necessary changes when you go out from the Labs tab.
- Also, you can retrace back into the Settings.
- Then, you need to configure the multiple inboxes from its own tab.
- You need to provide your secondary email addresses in the search query menu.
- Moreover, you need to provide distinct titles and after that, you need to select the position of the panels.
- Finally, you need to click on Save changes.
Save Time Switching your Gmail Accounts
With the use of primary Gmail account, you don’t need to change your account any longer. Email is working fair enough to commensurate the to-do-listing along with its own prioritization.
Therefore, you need to configure the email address in order to perform to do the lifting. Hopefully, you will get to know all the effective steps on how to link Gmail accounts if you follow this article thoroughly. Moreover, you can refer the user guide to have a quick glance.