Having a Local User profile and Nintendo Network ID on the Switch will allow the gaming console to store all the gaming data, videos, screenshots, and achievements to the cloud. This helps to remember your preferences.
But, to use it smoothly and efficiently, it is essential to know how to manage user profiles on a Nintendo Switch. Here, we are about to discuss the common points that can help you to manage the user profiles on a Nintendo Switch. So, you can follow the section below.
Easy Steps to Manage User Profiles on a Nintendo Switch
Before going to perform the below points, make sure that the Nintendo Switch is connected with a strong and stable internet connection.
How to Create a Nintendo Network ID?
To create a Nintendo Network ID, you can apply the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, click on the ‘System Settings’ icon.
- Then, go to the Users section by scrolling down the page. Next, click on the User button.
- Afterwards, tap on the ‘Link to a Nintendo Account’ option.
- Click on the ‘Create Account’ button.
- Visit the official website of Nintendo on your computer or smartphone and go to the Accounts section to create the account.
- Once you have created your Nintendo Account, go back to the Nintendo Switch.
- Then, tap on the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Now, sign in using the login credentials for your Nintendo Account.
How to Create a New User Profile?
Some games only allow one store file for one user profile. So, if you don’t want to share your saved files with anyone else, then you can add a new user on Switch.
It also allows you to create a Nintendo family group that is needed for configuring parental controls. But, you only can add up to eight user accounts with each Nintendo Switch. Each of them can be associated with a single user account.
To create a new user profile, you can perform the steps as follows:
- To begin with, tap on the ‘System Settings’ option.
- Then, navigate to the Users tab from the left pane of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Add New User’ button.
- Now, choose an icon from the next page.
- Next, choose a Background colour.
- Type a Nickname for the new user profile.
- From here you can sign in to your Nintendo Account and link the Network ID.
How to Delete a User Profile?
To remove a user profile, you can perform the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, click on System Settings and go to the Users tab.
- Afterwards, choose the User Account that you wish to delete.
- Click on the ‘Delete User’ button and then check the Delete box from the next page.
- Next, click on the ‘Delete This User’ option.
- Once the account is removed, you can click on the OK button.
How to Create a Child’s Account?
You can create a child’s account when you already have a Nintendo Account. Here are the steps you can apply to create a child account:
- Go to the official website of Nintendo Account and Sign in to your account.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Parental Controls’ category.
- Click on the ‘Create an account for a child’ button.
- Afterwards, you will be asked to provide the information about the child for whom you are creating this.
- After confirming the content, you can click on the OK button.
But, if you don’t have a Nintendo Account, then you can perform the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Nintendo.
- Then, click on the ‘Create a Nintendo Account’ option and follow the on-screen instruction to continue.
- After creating the guardian or parent’s Nintendo Account, you can apply the above 5 steps to create a child account.
So, these are the common points that you need to monitor in order to manage user profiles on a Nintendo Switch. We hope, after applying the above steps in their respective order, it will definitely help you to manage your user profiles on a Nintendo Switch.