Realtek Audio Manager is a software application that is used to set, change or modify audio driver settings on your computer system. It is one of the most popular audio drivers used by thousands of people. However, it can sometimes get incorrectly installed which can prevent you from opening the application.
Steps to Open Realtek Audio Manager in Windows 10
Incidentally, Realtek Audio Manager may or may not appear in the Control panel. However, you can open it by following the instructions below.
- Press the Windows button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time to open the Run dialogue box. Here, type ‘C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\’ and press Enter.
- Next, find and locate the RtkNGUI64.exe file in this folder.
- Once found, right click on it and choose ‘Run as Administrator’. Check if the application is successfully opening or not.
In case the application doesn’t open, then there is a problem with the driver software. Thus, go through the following solutions one by one until you are able to open the Realtek Audio Manager.
Solution 1: Update Realtek Audio Driver
An outdated or an incompatible audio driver could prevent the application from opening. Hence, you can try to fix this by following the instructions below.
- Press Windows button and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. On the Run dialogue box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
- When the Device Manager appears, locate the Sound category and expand it by double clicking on it.
- Thereafter, right click on Realtek Audio driver and choose Update Driver. Then, click on Search Automatically and wait for it check for new updates.
buy valif online www.islington-chiropractic.co.uk/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/valif.html no prescription
- Once updates are found, follow the instructions to update the audio driver.
- Lastly, restart your system and check if you are able to open Realtek audio manager or not.
Solution 2: Repair Realtek Audio Manager
Accordingly, this problem may indicate a problem with the driver software. However, you can repair it by following the steps mentioned hereunder.
- Initially, press the Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ and then hit the Enter key.
- Navigate to the Realtek Audio Manager and right-click on it. Then, choose the Repair option.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.
- Once the process is completed, restart your system.
When the manager is repaired successfully, check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Use Windows Troubleshooter
With the help of Windows troubleshooter, you can fix this issue. For that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, launch the Settings option from the Start menu. Then, click on the Update and Security option.
- Next, go to the left menu pane and click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Devices option and then select the “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- To finish the troubleshooter, perform the on-screen steps accordingly.
In case any issues are found, follow the steps to resolve it through the troubleshooter. After that, try to open Realtek Audio manager to check if you are able to do so.
Solution 4: Roll Back Audio Drivers
Sometimes, your drivers become compatible with your system. As a result, you will not be able to open Realtek Audio Manager. To fix this issue, you can try to roll back your driver by following the steps mentioned below.
- Press Windows and the letter ‘R’ at the same time. Then, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
- In the Device Manager, expand the “Sound, video and game controllers” section.
- After that, double click on the Realtek Audio driver. Next, head over to the Driver tab.
- Now, select the Roll Back Driver option and follow the instructions.
Again, restart your system and check if you are able to open Realtek Audio Manager or not.
Solution 5: Reinstall Realtek Audio Driver
If the above solutions do not work, then you might have defective drivers. Hence, you need to uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers to fix this problem. For that, go through the steps cited below.
- First, press the Windows key and ‘R’ at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ and then hit the Enter button.
- Go to the “Sound, video and game controllers” option and then right click on the “Realtek High Definition Audio Device” option.
- Now, click on the Uninstall option to remove it from your system. After that, restart your system.
- Next, follow the above instructions to open the Device Manager once again.
- Then, navigate to the top menu bar and click on the Action option.
- Lastly, choose the “Scan for Hardware Changes” option to reinstall the missing audio driver.
After installation, your system will restart once again. Thereafter, check if the problem gets resolved or not. If no audio drivers are found, then you can manually download the latest version from Realtek’s official website. Make sure to choose the correct system type before downloading.
Solution 6: Check For Windows Updates
Alternatively, you can perform a Windows Update to fix the audio driver problem. Thus, perform the following steps to do so.
- First, open the Search option by pressing the Windows key and ‘S’ at the same time on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the Search Box and type ‘updates’.
- After that, go to the results option and then click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Now, from the Windows Update pane, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
- Finally, install any updates that are found and reboot your device. The audio driver will be updated as well. This will also help to resolve any incompatibility issue.
Therefore, you should be able to open Realtek Audio Manager now.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solutions should help you to successfully open the Realtek Audio Manager on your system. Usually, reinstalling the Audio driver should help to fix driver-related issues. Make sure that all the drivers are periodically updated to avoid future errors.