You do need any particular software to print a color page in grayscale or black and white from the Mac computer. And to make a black and white print of any document, it is not essential that the document should be in black and white.
Sometimes, it depends on the printer you are using for the printing job. If you are unaware of how to print black and white on Mac, then you can follow the section hereunder to do this in no time.
How to Print in Black and White on Mac?
First of all, you have to make sure that the printer you are using supports black and white printing. If it doesn’t support the black and white printing format, then you can’t force the device to print in black and white.
Basically, printing in black and white is the same procedure as you print in color. But, you have to set the Mac so that it can command the printer to print in black and white. Most of the programs complete the printing task by following the same procedure.
But, if the program of your Mac is different, then you can follow the below steps to print in black and white.
Steps by Step Process
Perform the below steps to print black and white on your Mac computer:
- First of all, go to the Menu bar and tap on the File option.
- Search for the Print option and click on it.
- Tick the box that prompts ‘Black & White’.
- Lastly, tap on the Print button to print the document.
But, if the ‘Black & White’ checkbox is missing, then you can open the ‘Print Screen’ section near to the Copies option. Afterward, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Tap on the dropdown button from the middle of the Print window.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Paper Type/Quality’/’Print Settings’/’Quality & Media’ option.
- Next, navigate to the Color Options category.
- Tap on the dropdown menu of Color and choose the Grayscale or Black option from the list.
- Lastly, tap on the Print button.
Now, you will be able to print in black and white on your Mac computer as expected.
How to Print Black and White on Mac Preset?
If you often print black and white documents, then you can create one, using the Settings for further usage. Then, you can use it instead of repeating the same procedure whenever you need to print in black and white.
How to Create Black and White Preset?
- First of all, click on the Print and choose the ‘Black & White’ printing option.
- Once you select the appropriate option for black and white options, tap on the dropdown button of the Presets menu.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘Save Current Settings as Preset’ option from the list.
- Now, type a name for the preset (as an example, you can give the name ‘Black and White’).
- Next, you will get the option to choose if you want to set the preset for ‘All Printers’ or ‘Only This Printer.’
- Tap on the OK button to complete the process.
How To Print Black And White On Mac?
Sometimes, Mac users complain that they are unable to print in black and white even after the printer they are using have the ability to print in black and white.
If you are also stuck with the same issue, then you can delete the printer using System Preferences. Afterward, set it once again on the Mac. Here’s how to do this:
- First of all, confirm that the printer is disconnected from the Mac. Or, if you are using a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi printer, then make sure that it is turned off.
- Afterward, go to the Apple menu and open System Preferences.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Printers & Scanners’ category.
- Tap on the Printer option and click on the ‘-’ symbol from the Printers column.
- Now, tap on the ‘Delete Printer’ option.
- Lastly, reconnect the device to the Mac using the USB cable. Turn on the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for the wireless printer.
Most of the time, simply reconnecting the printer is sufficient enough to have the Mac re-recognize it. Afterward, it will add the printer automatically.
Hopefully, after executing the above steps, it will help you to print in black and white. To read more similar topics, you can follow our website regularly.