The digital TV tuner device registration application is a part of the Windows Media Center which helps you to watch cable TV channels. However, it can sometimes become glitched and use up computer resources making the whole system slow. This can be caused due to a corrupted ‘ehPrivJob.exe’ process, DRM folder, etc. Other times, the software can create empty invalid entries in the registry which can make your system slow as well.
Steps to Resolve Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
You can easily remove ‘digital TV tuner device registration application’ from your system with the help of the following methods. Therefore, go through the solutions given below.
Method 1 – Disable Windows Media Center
The first thing you need to do is to disable the Windows media Center. This can be done by following the guidelines given below.
- Click on the start button and go to the Control panel. Alternatively, you can also press the Windows + R key together and type ‘appwiz.cpl’ to open Program and Features.
- From the left menu pane choose the option to Turn Windows features on or off.
- After that, search for the Media Features option and tap the + sign beside it. Here, find the Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player and uncheck the box.
- Now, select Ok to save the changes and restart your PC. Now, the problem should be resolved from your system.
Method 2 – Using Resource Monitor
If the above process won’t work then you can use the resource monitor to remove the error. You can follow these guidelines to resolve the digital TV tuner device registration application error message.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together. On the other hand, you can also press the Windows + R key to get the Run dialogue box. Then type the word ‘resmon’ and Click on Ok.
- Now, go to the Task Manager and click on the Performance tab. Then, select the Open Resource Monitor from the bottom of your window screen.
- Here, search for the ehpivjob.exe process and stop it by right clicking on it,
- Finally, select End Process by right-clicking on it. The problem should be resolved by now.
Method 3 – Uninstall Your Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If the above solutions won’t work then you need to uninstall the device registration application. This method may work completely and you can also delete any registry files on your PC with these fixes. Take a glance at the steps to uninstall it.
- Open “Programs and Features” menu from the Control panel. Then you will get a list of installed programs from where you need to choose your digital TV tuner.
- Then select Uninstall from the top of the window and follow the on-screen instructions. Wait until the process is done and then press the Windows + R key to get the Registry Editor. Now, type the word ‘regedit’ in the Run dialogue box.
- Hence, type the address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\) there and search for it. Then delete the folder that contains your digital TV.
- Therefore, you can remove any of the entries by searching to the below address. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui)
- Finally, restart your computer and then check whether the digital TV tuner device registration application is removed or not.
Method 4 – Disable Scheduled Tasks
You can disable the scheduled tasks on your Windows computer in order to remove the application. Here, you can follow the guidelines given below to disable the scheduled tasks.
- Firstly, go to the start menu and navigate to the Task Scheduler option. Then, tap the library section and get to the Microsoft folder.
- Therefore, navigate to the Windows folder to disable the ehdrminit task from there.
- Then, exit or close all the folders on your PC that were opened previously.
- Then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Finally, the above methods should help you to easily remove the digital TV tuner device registration application from your system. This will help to speed up your system and make it safe and secure. Moreover, you will be able to work more smoothly and efficiently.