Setting the Cox email in the Windows 10 mail program is quite easy. This helps you from avoiding the hassle of accessing the Cox mail repeatedly.
Furthermore, as it provides free email for business users, Cox communication is more than recommendable. Additionally, it also supports downloading messages to your Outlook account.
Now, if you are confused about how to set up Cox email on Windows Mail, then here we are about to discuss the requisite process.
With proper guidance, you will be able to set up Cox email on your Windows Mail and access this free service.
Set Up Cox Email On Windows Mail
You need to know the complete process in order to set up Cox email on your Windows Mail.
So, go through the below section and perform the steps in the exact sequence provided to gain access to all the features associated with the Cox Email.
- Set-Up Procedure
Windows Mail tries to incorporate the settings for most of the mail providers but most of the time it does not get the right settings for Cox.
If you want Windows Mail to work properly, you can set it up manually. Here are the steps that you have to perform to set up Cox Email on your Windows Mail.
- First, you have to open Windows Mail and select “Add an account”.
- Then, click on the Advanced setup.
- Choose Internet email after that.
- You have to put your full email address when prompted. And, for the User name, you have to put the first part of your email address till the @ sign. Then, put your Cox Password.
- Give an easy-to-remember name to your account. Put your name or any name that you want people to see when you will send them an email, to the section “Send your message using this name”.
- Then, you have to enter imap.cox.net for the Incoming email server. Choose IMAP4 for the Account type.
- After that, you have to enter smtp.cox.net for Outgoing (SMTP) email server.
- Double-chek if you have checked all the four boxes. Then, choose Sign in, you will see at the bottom of the screen.
- Your account setup is done and you are able to access it.
There are all the steps that you have to perform to set up Cox email on your Windows Mail. Hopefully, now you are able to set up the Cox email by yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cox email IMAP or POP?
Cox.net supports SMTP/IMAP. This means there is no need to use the webmail of Cox.net. If you want to check your email and send messages, you can do that using other email programs like Apple Mail or Outlook Express. You can improve your workflow by using the desktop email application.
What is the procedure to link the Cox email to Outlook?
Here are the steps that you have to perform to link your Cox email to your Outlook:
- Click on Outlook to start it. Select the File tab and choose Account Settings in the category information.
- Then, Select New on the Email tab. Now, Select Next after Switching on Server Settings.
- Choose Internet Email Addresses and then select Next.
- You have to put your full name in the section of “Your name”, and your email address in the section of “Email Address”.
- Choose POP3 in the Type Account box that you are going to find under the Server Information.
- Then, you have to put pop.cox.net for Incoming e-mail. Put 110 on the section of Incoming port. smtp.cox.net will be the Outgoing e-mail and Outgoing port: 25
- Put the following settings below the Login Information. Your Cox email-address for the E-mail and your Cox email-password for the Password.
buy prednisone online galenapharm.com/pharmacy/prednisone.html no prescription
Login with security will be ‘none’.
- Select Test Account Settings. If everything is done properly, select Next and then hit the Finish button.