Often it is found that the users who are using Microsoft Outlook can come across various issues while doing the setup for their email accounts. In order to ensure that you can explore all the benefits of your email profile, you need to learn the correct procedure. Hence, this article will discuss step-wise guidance on how to set up Outlook and use it to create your email account. So, if you want to configure your new email account on Outlook, you can go through this article. It can help with the Outlook setup by using both automatic detection and manual guidance methods. In case, you also want to configure your email account by means of IP address or Outlook server, check this article for more information.
Understand How to Set Up Outlook by Applying Different Methods:
If you want to explore how to set up Outlook using various ways, go through the following methods along with step-wise guidance.
How To Set Up Outlook By Using Automatic Detection Method?
First of all, you have to create or provide your email address and password for giving it to your ISP. This information is needed for users to configure their Outlook email account.
Now, open the Outlook application and go to the ‘File’ tab.
buy zovirax online http://www.tvaxbiomedical.com/pdf/releases/new/zovirax.html no prescription
Then, visit the section of ‘Info’ and click on the ‘Account Settings’.
Next, you will have to select the tab for ‘Email’ and choose the ‘New’ button. As the dialog box for ‘Add New Account’ appears on your PC’s screen, you need to apply a few settings. To configure your new email profile on Outlook, open the ‘Auto Account Setup’ section. After that, click on ‘Email Account’ and apply the following steps.
- First, enter your full name in the text field beside the box for ‘Your Name’. Also, type your official email ID in the box provided for ‘Email Address’. In case, you don’t remember these details, you contact your ISP or go through their documents to find the login information.
- There is a box for typing ‘Password’ to sign up into Outlook email. Here, you need to provide the password given to you by the Internet Service Provider. After that, make sure to enter the same password in the box for ‘Retype Password’ and hit the ‘Next’ button. This will immediately initiate the process of Auto Account Setup for Microsoft Outlook.
- Once you have completed the above steps, your newly created User Account will be configured by Outlook automatically. So, if you want to log into your account, it will require you to type your entire email address in the space for ‘User Name’. However, this format entirely depends on the ISP you are using for logging into your Microsoft Outlook account.
- The users can also set the feature of automatic password in their Outlook profiles. For this, they need to check if the box for ‘Save this password in your password list’ is ticked. Finally, when the configuration process is completed, you will be able to view the dialog box for ‘Add New Email Account’.
- Getting this option is one of the surest signs that the setup for your Outlook email is now complete. Hence, simply click on the ‘Finish’ tab and then close the Outlook window.
In case, the feature of automatic configuration doesn’t work, Auto Account Setup will try to complete the Outlook email setup by using an unencrypted connection. Hence, in such condition, you can follow the instructions for configuring Outlook email manually.
How to Set Up Outlook Email by Setting your Account Manually?
Check out how to manually set up your email account on Microsoft Outlook by applying these stepwise instructions.
- In order to manually configure your internet email profile on Outlook, you need to follow certain steps. But, before applying them, you will have to open the dialog box corresponding to the ‘Add New Account’ feature.
- First, choose the Manual setup option or additional server types for Outlook and hit the ‘Next’ button. Then click on ‘POP or IMAP’ and once again press the ‘Next’ tab.
- Now, you need to carefully fill in the details under the heading of ‘User Information’. Hence, write your full name in the space for ‘Your Name’, followed by your email address in the box provided for ‘Email Address’. In case, you have any doubts regarding filling in this information, you can consult your ISP to verify the email details.
- Next, you will get to view the ‘Account Type’ box under the ‘Server Information’ heading. Hence, you will have to select the type of your email account that you want to create on Outlook.
If you are unable to decide whether to select IMAP or POP3 for setting up your Outlook email account, go for the former choice. By using POP, once you need to download the emails, it will be removed from your webmail and the server. Whereas, by selecting IMAP, your emails will be synced with your webmail and it will appear across all devices. However, to learn how to set up Outlook by selecting POP3 or IMAP account in the Account Type, go through the following points.
Steps to Setup Outlook Email By Configuring Its Server Name and IP Address:
Apply the following steps, if you want to configure your email using IP address and Outlook server.
- First, navigate to the box for ‘Incoming mail server’ on your Outlook window and write the server’s name in lowercase letters. As you want to apply the steps to doing the setup for Outlook mail, you can type the name as mail.outlook.com or similar format. Sometimes, you may also have to type the IP address of the email client to configure your Outlook email account.
- Next, you need to find the ‘Outgoing mail server (SMTP)’ tab and write outgoing email server name in lowercase letters.
buy aurogra online http://www.tvaxbiomedical.com/pdf/releases/new/aurogra.html no prescription
This time also, you have to type the server name in terms of outlook.com or simply enter its corresponding IP address.
- Now, open the box for ‘Log in Information’ and enter your Outlook user ID in the space for ‘User Name’. Basically, it will be following the format of email@example.com. However, in case of a few ISPs, you can also enter just the username in the login box.
- In the Password field, you need to write the exact passcode provided by your ISP for creating Outlook email account. So, if you want to store this information to log into your Outlook account without any hassle, tick the checkbox for ‘Remember password’.
- After this, make use of SPA by ticking the checkbox for ‘Require log in by using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)’. Next, click on ‘Test Account Settings’ and check if the following events are taking place in your Outlook account.
- So, at first, you will receive the confirmation that your PC is not connected to the internet. After that, the SMTP server will display your status as active and further connect your account to the POP3 server.
- Once you log into POP3 server, Outlook will select ‘Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail’ option. Finally, it will send a text message and will explain the modifications after making the initial setup of Outlook email. Then, hit the ‘Next’ tab and click on the ‘Finish’ button.
In this article, you came across detailed information on how to set up Outlook email and configure your email address using this Microsoft server. So, if you are unable to set up your email on Outlook, take help from a professional. They can guide you on how to create your email account on Outlook or link other IDs to this account.