Among all the error codes present in Windows 10, the 0xC0000142 is at the top because it only appears before opening an application. It also consists of an error message along with this code. If this is an error that you have received on the system, then this article may interest you so much.
There are several reasons because of which this might appear on your computer. However, this error generally comes up due to some specific missing files from the system directory of your Windows 10 PC. Whatever the reasons are, this error needs an instant fix.
That’s why we are about to discuss all the possible solutions for this very error code. Keep following and get the error out of your computer. Reading it out will also help you prevent this from happening in the future.
Worthwhile Solutions to Get Rid of Error Code 0xC0000142 on Windows 10
Whenever users face this error, it comes along with a message “the application was unable to start correctly 0xC0000142” on your Windows 10 PC. Sometimes, the error even appears with the Command Prompt and that’s why it becomes quite difficult to solve.
Whatsoever, you can entirely depend on this section as we are going to let you through all the possible solutions to fix it.
Create a Restore Point
Before you proceed to any of the following steps, make sure that you have made a restore point on your PC. This is so important because while you’re performing the step, there are chances that something breaks on the software side. This might cause further trouble for you.
Though Windows automatically creates the restore points, it also allows you to do so yourself. By creating a system restore point manually, you can make sure that whatever happens afterward to the system, you can revert it back. So, without delaying too much, let’s make a restore point.
- Open the Control Panel by making a search for it on the Windows Search panel and to open the Search panel, press the Windows and S key together.
- Once the Control Panel opens, take the mouse cursor to the search menu that appears at the top-left corner of the screen.
- In the search box, type in “System Restore” and then select “Create a restore point” from the list of search results appeared in the left side of the screen.
- As the System Properties dialog box opens up, click on the Create option from the lower right corner of the box.
- Choose a name for the Restore Point as you wish and then click on Create.
It will start creating a restore point and once it’s done, click on the Close button and let the process finish itself. Now, you can move on to fixing the error you have encountered earlier.
Method 1 – Re-register all the DLL Files on the System
The first thing you should do is to register all the DLL files again as they might get corrupted. You can register the DLL files again on the system from the Command Prompt with just one line of command. Certainly, follow the steps and re-register the DLL files on the system.
- Press the Windows and S key together to open the search menu and type in Command Prompt in the search box.
- From the list of search results, right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator from the queue window and continue further. If the UAC asks for any kind of permission, then allow it by clicking on the Yes button.
- Since the Command Prompt (Admin) opens, type in the following line of command and press the Enter key to execute it.
for %1 in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %1
With all the steps as described in the above section, you can fix the error 0xC0000142 on your computer. Make sure that you have restarted your PC after the execution of the command otherwise, you might not get rid of it. If the method didn’t work out for you, then follow the next one.
Method 2 – Run the SFC Scan
System File Checker is integrated on the system with the Windows Resource Protection which makes it so worthy of use. It usually protects the registry keys along with the folders and the critical system files as well. The error code 0xC0000142 Windows 10 might appear due to the corruption in such files.
Amidst all the possible solutions, SFC also plays a vital role which can help you a lot to rid the error. Therefore, running the SFC scan would be a great idea as it will scan the entire system files for any errors. If it finds any kind of issue in the files, then it will also fix the issue right-away.
To run the SFC, stick around the steps as mentioned in the following section.
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) as you did in the previous method and continue.
- In the Command Prompt (Admin), type in the following line of command and hit the Enter key to execute it.
- Let the scanner complete the scanning as it will take a few minutes to complete the process.
Once you are done with all the steps, check if the error still appears to be on the system. It should not appear on the system any longer. If you didn’t resolve the error by now, then try out the next solution.
Method 3 – Run the DISM
Sometimes, fixing the error can also be completed with the full utilization of Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management or DISM on your computer. If you are not certain how you can do that, then follow the steps.
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) and then allow the DISM to run in it.
buy benicar generic blobuyinfo.com/benicar.html over the counter
- The first command that you should enter in the DISM tool is given in the following section. It will start scanning the health of the system and the process will take a few minutes to complete.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- To check if the component corruption maker is present in the registry, you need to type in the following line of command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- The component store corruption might also lead to the error you have encountered. To fix it, you can write in the given command in the CLI. It will restore the system health on your Windows 10 computer.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
These are the steps that will help you fix the error which says the application was unable to start correctly 0xC0000142 on the system of your Windows 10 computer. All of the three commands are so important and make sure that you run them one by one. If you are still facing the error, don’t worry perform the next solution.
Method 4 – Check Registry Settings
If you are still stuck with the error, then it means that there’s something advanced you should do. To fix it, you need to check the registry settings and to do that, walk through the following steps.
- Open the Run window by pressing the key combination of Windows and R key together.
- After the Run window appears, type regedit and click on the OK button or simply press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Click on the Yes button in the UAC to open the registry editor on your computer.
- After that, navigate to the following key location in the registry editor to make some changes in there if need be.
- If there are some files you find on the right side of the editor, then delete them and continue.
Now, you should check whether the error persists on the system or not as of now, you should have solved it. If you are still with the 0xC0000142 error, then try the following method.
Method 5 – Check Group Policy Setting
You can solve the 0xC0000142 Windows 10 error by checking the Group Policy settings and change it if there’s a need of it. If you aren’t so sure how you can do this, then stick to the following steps.
- Open the Run window as stated in the previous section and type in “gpedit.msc” and click on the OK button or press the Enter key.
- As the Group Policy Editor opens, navigate to the following path and make some changes in there.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/System
- Double click on it and set it to enabled mode on the newly appeared dialog box. You will find the option as a radio button on the top left corner of the dialog box.
- Click on the Apply and OK buttons to save whatever changes you have made on the dialog box.
When you are done with the steps as described in the above section, the error shouldn’t stay anymore on the system.
That’s all you need to know about the process of how to solve 0xC0000142 error on your Windows 10 computer. Here, we have discussed all the possible solutions to fix it anyhow and help you get rid of the error as soon as possible.
We hope the article was able to guide you through the procedures in an appropriate way. Thank you.