When you are trying to launch the Steam application on the device, you might encounter Steam service error on the screen.
The Error message is “The Steam service component is not working properly on this computer. Reinstalling the Steam service requires administrator privileges.” On encountering this error message, the Steam won’t be able to work properly.
The primary cause of this problem is that Steam does not have sufficient permissions to open a certain file or perform a certain action.
Reasons for Steam Service Error:
The Steam service error install service error can be caused due to several reasons including:
- An older version of the Steam application.
- Corrupted or damaged Steam application.
- If the Steam service is not running properly.
- Missing the game files.
To resolve this issue, follow the next segment to get rid of this problem on your computer.
Solutions for Steam Server Error:
Here we have provided detailed solutions and steps to solve the Steam server error on the device. Therefore, follow and implement them as instructed below:
Solution 1 – Run the Steam as an Administrator
The first thing that you should do is to run the Steam as an Administrator. To know more about it perform these steps hereunder:
- Right-click on the Steam icon to launch the menu list and then select the Properties button.
- In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab and then click on the Run compatibility troubleshooter option.
- After that, mark the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option and then click on the Apply button followed by the OK option to save the changes.
Solution 2 – Repair the System Client Service
If the Steam is corrupted or damaged then, you can see the steam service error or the steam service component problem on your device. The following steps will help you:
- Press the Windows Home key and X button together to launch the WinX menu list and then choose the Control Panel.
- Once you are in the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs & Features section.
- In that section, scroll down the page and find the Steam, select it and then click on the Repair option.
- Once the repair process is done, restart the device and then try to launch the Steam application.
Solution 3 – Restart the Steam Service
If the Steam service is not running properly then you can encounter this error message on the screen. Therefore, you should restart the service. So,
- Press the Start button and R key to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and then click on the OK option or press the Enter button.
- In the Services window, look for the Steam service, right-click on it and then choose the Properties.
- On the Properties window, set the Startup type to Automatically from the drop-down menu list.
- After performing these steps, click on the Apply option and then click on the OK button to save the changes.
Solution 4 – Update the Steam Application
To stop the Steam service error from occurring, it is necessary to keep the Steam application up to date. Therefore, go through these steps:
- Go to the Steam official website and look for the latest version of the Steam application.
- After finding it, download it by clicking on the Download button.
- Once the file is downloaded, install it properly.
- After installing this application, reboot the device and then check if the error message still persists or not.
Solution 5 – Update the Operating System
An outdated version of the Operating System can also cause the Steam service error on the system. So, you need to update the system at the earliest. To update it, follow the given steps:
- Press the Win + I buttons to open the Settings window.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section and then go to the Update tab on the left panel.
- In the Update tab, click on the Check for updates option to check whether any updates are available or not.
- If yes, then click on the Update button to begin the update process.
- After completing the update process, the device will automatically restart.
Solution 6 – Verifying the Integrity of Game Files
If the Game files are missing then you can see this Steam service error on the device. So, you need to repair them. Below are certain steps that you can try out:
- Open the Steam application and then go to the Library section at the top of the menu bar.
- From the Library section, find and right-click on the game and then select the Properties from the menu list.
- In the Properties window, click on the INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- Now the steam will verify all the files. If any files are detected then those files are automatically redownloaded and installed on the system.
Solution 7 – Remove the Steam Application and Install it
After performing the previous solutions, if the error message still occurs then you can try to reinstall the Steam application on the device. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Hit the Start button and then click on the Settings icon.
- In the Settings window, navigate to the Apps section and then select the Apps & Features tab on the left panel.
- On the right window, scroll down the page until you find the Steam application, select it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Once this is uninstalled, restart the computer and then reinstall it.
- To reinstall it, go to the official website of the Steam and download the latest version of the Steam application.
- After that, install it correctly.
- Once the installation process is completed, reboot the device and then check if the problem is gone or not.