The Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker comes with various attractive features like exercise tracking, automatic sleep and many others. You will get three types of smartphone notifications such as caller ID, text messages, calendar appointments.
Sometimes, you might not be able to enjoy all its features as the Fitbit Alta is not updated. Then, you need to update the Fitbit to the latest firmware and you will be able to take all the advantages that the device offers.
If you don’t know how to update a Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker, then go through the steps that are mentioned below.
Stepwise Instruction to Update a Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker
In this section, we have discussed the effective instructions that you can implement on your own to update a Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker effortlessly.
Before starting to perform the following steps, check whether you installed the latest version of the Fitbit app on the phone or not. You need to keep in mind that the updates can take more one hour to complete successfully.
Update Fitbit through the Fitbit App
If you want to update the Fitbit tracker through the Fitbit App, then go through the steps that are mentioned below.
- Navigate to the phone’s home screen in order to launch the Fitbit.
- On the screen of your phone, you will find a pink update banner, tap on the banner.
- Now, make sure to follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Then, check whether you have placed the device close to the synced phone or not. Thus, you will be able to update the Fitbit device through the Fitbit app.
Update the Fitbit Device through the Fitbit.Com Dashboard
Updating the Fitbit through the Fitbit.com Dashboard is not as easy as updating through the Fitbit app. To apply this method, you need to have a Bluetooth connection to the PC or the Mac.
Before following these steps, make sure that you have installed the latest version of Fitbit on your mobile or tablet.
- Head over to the date and time on the computer to choose the Fitbit Connect icon.
- After that, go to the Open Main Menu and click on the “Check for Device Update” option.
- When prompted, make sure to log into the Fitbit account.
- If there is any update available, the Fitbit will start the update process automatically.
- Sometimes, no updates might be available for your Fitbit Tracker. At that time a screen will appear and inform you that the Fitbit is already up-to-date.
How to Update the Fitbit on the PC?
Sometimes, it can be possible that you want to view data and settings from the PC. Then, you need to update the device from a computer.
At first, make sure to launch the Fitbit Connect app on your PC and then sign into the Google account. After that, go through the steps that are mentioned below:
- Choose the Troubleshooting option and then a screen will appear that will ask you to check for the updates.
- After that, it will run a quick check to confirm whether the device is up-to-date or not.
- If any of the updates are available, then it will prompt you to install.
- Make sure that you keep the device close to the PC.
- Now, you will find a progress bar on both the device. Wait till it gets complete.
What if a Fitbit Update Failed?
Sometimes, you might face that the Fitbit won’t update and then you have to opt for the following process:
- Check whether the battery level is a minimum of 50% or not.
- Make sure that you are using a reliable internet connection. Without a secure internet connection, you will not be able to complete the update procedure.
- When the update fails, you should turn the tracker On or Off again and try to update the firmware again.
- When you fail to update the Fitbit through the Fitbit app, then try to update it via Fitbit Connect or vice versa.
Hopefully, after applying these steps successfully, you will be able to update the Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker without any hassle.
- How to Fix Heart Rate Monitor on A Fitbit Charge 2 [Resolved]
- How To Update A Fitbit Blaze Fitness Band?
Frequently Asked Questions
How do You Know Whether Your Fitbit Needs to Update or Not?
First, make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Fitbit app on your phone. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Navigate to the app store and search for the Fitbit.
- Locate whether any updates are available or not.
- If available, tap on the Update option in order to start the installation process.
Why can not the Fitbit app find your device?
Head over to the Settings and make sure to click on the Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on. Now, you need to open the Fitbit app. If you find the Fitbit device did not sync, then restart the iPhone or iPad.
Sometimes, the Fitbit device might not sync after the restart, then use a different phone or tablet to log into the Fitbit account and try to sync.