Amazon Echo Dot is a device that comes with an easy-to-use and flexible user interface. But, to access all of its latest features, you need to update to its software as soon as new software patch is released.
As soon as the device is turned On and connected with the internet, it checks for updates automatically so that you can use it with any interruption. But, sometimes, it requires a manual update to download the latest software.
But, if you are unaware of how to update an Amazon Echo Dot, then the section here under can help you to perform the update process without any hassle.
Easy Steps to Update an Amazon Echo Dot
First, you need to check the software version of your device. Amazon’s intelligent personal assistant is known as Alexa. It is s cloud-based voice service that can help you to perform various tasks like entertainment, general information, and so many others.
To determine the software version on your Alexa device, you can use the Alexa application.
How to Check the Version of Amazon Echo Dot?
- First of all, click twice on the Alexa application to open it.
- Afterwards, tap on the Menu from the upper right corner of the main screen.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option from the menu list.
- Now, select the Alexa device that you are using.
- Go to the About section by scrolling down the page. Here, you get to see the software version of the device.
Moreover, you can check what software version your Amazon Echo Doyt device needs to have by visiting the official website of Amazon through a stable web browser.
How to Update an Amazon Echo Dot to the Latest Version?
Usually, the Amazon Alexa device downloads the latest update automatically when it is connected with Wi-Fi. This update helps the device to improve the performance as well as add new exciting features.
To update the latest software for your Amazon Echo Dot device, you can follow the below points:
- First of all, confirm that the device is turned On and it is connected with a stable and strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Try to avoid using the Alexa application or prompting any command to the Amazon Echo Dot device while performing the update.
- Once the update is ready to install, you will see that the light ring or light indicator on the device is flashing blue colour. It indicates that the device is installing the latest version.
- It may 15-20 minutes time to complete the updating process. The time depends on the Wi-Fi speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you Require Alexa to Use an Amazon Echo Dot Device- is it Necessary?
Amazon Echo Dot is an AI-enabled device with which you can interact. You can use voice commands on this device and through an Alexa personal assistance play the news, answer the questions.
Without Alexa, Amazon Echo Dot is nothing but a Bluetooth speaker. So, you require Alexa to use an Amazon Echo Dot speaker.
How to Update Firmware of an Amazon Echo Dot?
To update the firmware of Amazon Echo Dot device, first, you will have to de-register the Amazon Echo Dot device from the Alexa application. Then, turn it off.
Now, leave the device for 2-3 minutes and turn it On. Once you see that the blue ring on the device wait till it turns green and starts spinning. It indicates that the device is upgrading the firmware.
Allow the device to update the new software patch. After a few time, reboot the device and then perform the setup once again using the Alexa application.