FaceTime is Apple’s video and audio calling service. If you are an iPhone user, then you place a call through the FaceTime. Further, you can also use the service to conduct video conferencing over Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Basically, it helps you to connect with their distant family members and friends. If you do not know how to use FaceTime on the iPhone, iPad, then go through the steps that are mentioned below.
Set Up the FaceTime Service
To enjoy all the features of FaceTime, you need to set up this application first. Make sure that you have connected it with the accurate email address.
Here are the steps that you can implement on your own to associate FaceTime with an email address.
- Go to the first Home screen of the iPad and tap on the FaceTime icon.
- After that, sign in to the Apple ID by entering the user name and the password.
- Sometimes, it can be possible that you do not have an account. In order to create a new account, click on the “Create New Account” button.
- To place the FaceTime calls, make sure to select the email address.
Try to Enable the FaceTime Calling on the iPad
If you are using the iPad for the first time, then it can be possible that FaceTime is not enabled. Perform the following steps in order to enable FaceTime Calling feature.
- First, head over to the Settings icon to look for the FaceTime option tab.
- After that, Toggle the switch to turn on the FaceTime.
When the faceTime is enabled, you will be able to place a FaceTime call. Here are the steps that you can implement on your own to initiate a FaceTime call.
- Click on the FaceTime icon on the iPad (on the first Home Screen).
- Now, select a contact who is capable of accepting a FaceTime call.
- After that, this app will ask the caller on the other end to receive the FaceTime call. Note you can only call iPhone phone numbers.
In order to accept the call touch the Accept button. If the iPad is locked, then you need to slide to answer.
How to Use FaceTime with the same Apple ID?
If you do not have an Apple ID, then also you can place calls. Sometimes, it can be possible that all devices are connected to the same Apple ID.
At that time you need to use the primary email address which is associated with it. If you don’t know how to use the FaceTime with the same Apple ID, then go through the steps that are mentioned below:
- Go to the Settings of the iPad first.
- After that, head over to the left-side menu to choose the FaceTime.
- Thereafter, go to the “You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At” section.
- While using the device, make sure to check the phone number or the email address that you like to use.
- It can be possible that FaceTime is turned on. Then make sure to check the “You Can Be Reached…” section. When the option is greyed out, that indicates you have checked this option.
Want to Use the FaceTime on the iPhone or iPad?
After opening the FaceTime app, make sure to sign in to your Apple ID. There is an alternative way to complete this procedure. Head over to the Settings option and then click on the “FaceTime”.
As you are using an iPhone, you will notice that the FaceTime will register your phone number automatically. If you are not registered, your phone number to the iPhone, then perform the following steps:
First, head over to the Settings option and then click on the FaceTime. After that, make sure to click on the “Use Your Apple ID for FaceTime”. Next, you should log into your Apple ID.
Now, simply follow the steps mentioned in the iPad section to enable FaceTime. The logos and symbols may slightly differ based on the iDevice model you are using.
Hopefully, after following this instruction you will be able to know how to use FaceTime on the iPhone, iPad.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Reset FaceTime?
For a soft reset, perform the following instructions. First head over to the Settings and then click on the General Settings.
After that, click on the Reset, followed by the Reset All settings. There is an alternative option to reset the FaceTime. For that, press and hold the Power & Home or Volume Down button at the same time on the keyboard.
After that, make sure to log back into the FaceTime with the help of the Apple ID.
How to Activate the FaceTime?
You can find three ways that will help you to activate the FaceTime.
- Go to the home screen of the iPhone in order to launch the “Contacts” app.
- After that, use the FaceTime to select the contact using the call feature.
- Finally, activate a FaceTime call by tapping on the “FaceTime” button.