Malwarebytes is a very useful application to remove malware from the device. But sometimes, you can face a connectivity issue in this application. When there will be a server issue, you will be notified with the “Malwarebytes unable to connect the service” pop up message.
If you are getting this error, then there is something wrong with the application. There are several reasons for which this error can trigger. If some contexts are missing, then you can get this error. For the installation-related errors or technical issues, you can come up with this error.
Thus, if you ever come across this particular error, then it is suggested to follow this guide until the end. Here, we will guide you on how to get rid of the connectivity issues to the earliest. Go to the next section and apply them sequentially.
Best Methods to Solve the “Malwarebytes Unable to Connect the Service Windows 10”:
In this section, we are going to mention some of the effective means to fix the “unable to connect the service Malwarebytes” error. Implement the methods accordingly as per your convenience.
Method 1: Check the Status of Malwarebytes Service
Malwarebytes works using the service that is installed on the device and this particular error message arrives when the software causes issues while connecting with the particular services. So, to fix the service issue, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start Menu. In the Start search box, write “services.msc”.
- From the searched result, open the first result and run it taking up all the administrative rights.
- You will see a list of the services that are running in the device now in the “Services” tab.
- Now, try to find the “Malwarebytes Services” application over there. Click on it and choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- If you see any other settings that are disabled, then go to the “Startup” type and change it to “Automatic”.
- If you see that the Malware service status is not “running”, tap on the “Start” option and then change the status to “Running.”
Now, after changing the service status, check if you have solved the error. If not, then go to the next section.
Method 2: Reinstall Malwarebytes from Scratch
If you are still facing any issue, then you can go for reinstalling Malwarebytes application from Scratch. To do that, you need to perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start Button. In the search box, write “Regedit”. Now, go to the ID and key using one of the below-mentioned locations.
[Note: If you use Windows 10, then you need to search for the “Windows x86 32 Bit” Folder.]
- Then, write “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” in the address bar.
- Now, open the “MBAM” folder and then tap on the “Deactivate” option.
- Further, open the “Settings” and then tap on the “Advanced Settings”. Make sure the “Enable self-protection” option is checked.
- After that, go to the official website of Malwarebytes to download the latest version of the application.
[Note: Make sure all the programs that are running in the device are closed.]
- Next, follow the onscreen instructions and then restart the device.
After downloading the latest version of MBAM, now uncheck the “Trial” option. Now, tap on the Activate option. In the Registry dialog box, now copy and paste the ID to activate the license.
Now, after performing the above steps, check if you can fix the connection issue on Malwarebytes. We have just discussed the ultimate solutions to get rid of the “Malwarebytes unable to connect the service” error message.