Is the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter missing on your Device Manager? And, you have no clue as to what it is and what should be done to fix the issue? Don’t worry. Just read on.
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter is a software that allows the device to connect with both the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. IPv6 addresses are different from IPv4 addresses and thus need this Teredo tunneling adapter to translate it for IPv6 capable hosts that have no native connection to IPv6 networks.
However, sometimes this adapter can go missing and an error message pops up on the screen. This happens because of the connectivity issues mostly. Sometimes, it is the missing updates that cause this error. An outdated or corrupted driver can also be a reason for which this error occurs.
Evan an outdated or corrupted version of the Windows system can result in this error. Corruption in the system files is another cause of such error.
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Missing: Fixes to Try
This section consists of the key solutions to fix the error. The methods discussed here are quite straightforward and easy to implement. So, apply them for a quick and easy fix for the error when the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter goes missing.
Method 1: Update the Operating System
If the Operating System is corrupted or damaged, this error can be triggered. The corrupted OS restricts the Teredo Tunneling adapter to translate the IPv6 addresses. In that case, you need to update the operating system.
Updating the Windows system is quite easy and simple. You just need to perform the following steps to update a Windows system:
- Go to the Start button. Now go to the “Gear” icon to open the “Settings”.
- Next, go to the “Update and Security” option.
- Now, search for the “Check for Updates” button and then tap it on.
The operating system will now search for updates automatically. Now, after updating the Operating System, check if you are getting the error.
Method 2: Check the System Files
System files corruption is another prime reason behind this error. Corrupted system files can conflict with the Teredo Tunneling adapter.
And the best thing is that you can repair the corrupted system files using the SFC tool.
- Press the Windows and X key together to open the Power User Menu.
- Now, choose “Command Prompt” from the list of the available options.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, write the “sfc/scannow” command.
- Hit the “Enter “ button next to run the command.
Now, the system file checker will automatically search for the corrupted system files. It detects the corrupted system files and repairs those corrupted files with a fresh copy of those files.
Restart the device and check if the Teredo adapter is working properly.
Method 3:Uninstall and Install the Adapter Manually
If you have installed the default version of the Teredo Adapter, it can be a reason for this error. In that case, you need to uninstall the adapter and then install it again on the device.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
Uninstalling the adapter is quite simple. You just need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the Start Button. In the search box, write “Device Manager”.
- Choose ‘Device Manager” from the results.
- In the Device Manager window, go to the “Network Adapter” section and then right-click on the “Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter”.
buy cymbalta Canada langleyrx.com/cymbalta.html no prescription
- Choose “Uninstall” from the drop-down menu to uninstall the driver.
When you are done with uninstalling the driver, now you need to now install it again on the device.
How to Install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
Now you need to install the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter again. Installing it manually is the best way to get rid of the error. To manually install the adapter, you need to do as follows:
- Hold the Windows and R key together to open the Run Dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “devmgmt.msc”. Hit the Enter button now.
- This will open the Device Manager tab. Go to the “Action” section now.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, tap on the “Add Legacy Hardware” option.
- Click on the “Next” button now. In the next window, make sure that the “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list(Advanced)” option is marked.
- Tap on the “Next” option now. Click on “Network Adapters” and then tap on the “Next” option.
- Next click on “Microsoft” and then on the “Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter” application.
- Tap on the “Next” option now to start the installation process. Click on the “Finish” button.
You have now successfully installed the Microsoft teredo tunneling adapter on the device. You can check if you have installed it correctly.
To do that, you need to go to the Device Manager tab and then go to the “Show hidden devices” section. Double click on the “Network adapters” section and check if the Teredo Tunneling adapter is there.
Method 4: Re-enable the Teredo Adapter
If Teredo Adapter has been disabled somehow, in that case, you can get this error, In that case, you need to enable the Teredo Adapter. To do that:
- Go to the Start search box. Now in the search box, write “cmd”.
- From the results, tap on “cmd” to open a Command Prompt window.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, write netsh interface Teredo set state disable. Hit the “Enter button now to run the command.
- Now, restart the device and when the device will start open the Command prompt window again.
- Run Command Prompt with administrative rights. Right-click on “Command Prompt” and then choose “Run as Administrator” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, type netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
- Next, open the Run dialog box again holding the Windows and the R key together.
- Write “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and then hit the “Enter” button next.
- Now, tap on the “View” option to go to the “Show Hidden devices” option. Double click on the “Network adapter” and then check if you can see the “Teredo Adapter”.
If you can see the adapter, then you have successfully resolved the issue.
If not, then you need to repeat the above steps to solve the error. And if you are still unable to find the Teredo Adapter, then we would suggest you check if the adapter is disabled in the registry’s settings.