WHAT IS NEST.JS?
Simply put, Nest is a framework built to build server-side applications rapidly. It is an open-source MIT-licensed progressive Node framework, written in TypeScript. It was built by a programmer, Kamil Mysliwiec. To fully understand and appreciate what NEST.JS is, below are a few key terms to understand.
NOTE: Applications (software applications) are usually built on frameworks; therefore, frameworks are similar to application programming interface (API), although technically, a framework includes an API.
A framework is used in developing software applications. A framework provides the foundation for application programmers to build web and mobile platforms.
Also, there are several programming classifications, including Procedural Programming Language, Functional Programming Language, Object-oriented Programming Language, Scripting Programming Language, Logic Programming Language, and others.
Each programming language has its functionalities, features, and unique code acceptance.
Nest.js combines elements of Object-Oriented Programming, Functional Programming, and Functional Reactive Programming.
BENEFITS OF NEST.JS
- Nest.js combines the best concepts of Object-Oriented Programming, Functional Programming, and Functional Reactive Programming. This is perhaps the most important benefit of this framework as programmers realize that programming is made easy and faster.
- Nest.js is Extensible: It seamlessly allows developers to use other existing libraries on it without complications, disruption, or complications.ThisThis is largely due to the modular architecture of Nest Js.
- Nest.js is very easy to learn: The key advantage to this is that it has well-detailed and well-maintained documentation.
- It uses the basic concept of Angular; hence it would be easy to learn, especially for developers who already use Angular.
- The versatility of Nest.js is unrivaled. As stated above. It can be used to build all types of server-based applications!
- There is continued support for dozens of nest-specific modules that help you easily integrate with standard technologies and concepts like TypeORM, Mongoose, GraphQL, Logging, Validation, Caching, WebSockets, and much more.
- Nest.js framework has an abstraction level that surpasses the Node.js framework and exposes APIs to the developer. This feature makes Nest.js easy to use, giving the developers the capacity to use innumerable third-party modules.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE NEST.JS?
There might be a few reasons why you may not want to use Nest.js for all its greatness. One major reason might be that it doesn’t have an enterprise brand using it. Although it is constantly being downloaded weekly, it does not support enterprise projects for companies like IBM and Microsoft. Apart from this, which seems to be a minor issue, you should definitely use Nest.js.
Nest.js is an excellent development platform for mobile apps and web interfaces.
Nest.js ease of use makes it particularly great for beginner developers still learning their way around. With extensive community support, Nest.js is used by many small businesses to develop applications and support mobile businesses.