While you open up the Outlook application if it greets you with the Outlook error 0x80040115, that means the PST file is oversized. It need to be repaired. The location of the file mainly depends on the Operating System you are running and the version of the Outlook application that you are using. Basically, when you face this error 0x80040115, it means that the Outlook is having some technical glitches while reading, sending or receiving emails. In this article, you can learn the issues which you may face for this issue, underlying causes that lead to this error. Also, it covers a few technical steps that can fix Outlook Error 0x80040115 in a jiffy.
Manifestations of Outlook Error 0x80040115:
If you confront this typical error, don’t need to be panic. If you know about the symptoms down under, then you will surely recognise that you are encountering this particular Outlook error. The major indications are –
- Continuous popping-up of error message “Outlook error 0x80040115”
- Sluggish and slow system performance
- Freezing or hanging of system from time to time.
Common Causes of Outlook Error 0x80040115:
Before going to the solution part, in this section, we are going to discuss some common reasons behind this typical error code:
- Improper installation of Outlook application on Windows 7
- Any kind of internal system conflict
- Damage due to virus or malware infection
- Oversized PST file
- A problem with internet connection
- email server issues
- Third party add-ins
Easy Tricks to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040115 with Ease
By restarting your device can resolve many issues. So, you should try to reboot the system and then check if the error is still there or not. If yes, then you need to use the following solutions to fix Outlook Error 0x80040115 problem on the system.
Solution 1: Flush DNS
If you don’t fill up with the proper address in the DNS server, it might create a problem. The other important thing is that you can attach other address by the other ISP or DNS including OpenDNS or Google DNS. To fulfill for applying the process:
- First, go to the System Preferences section and select the Network option.
- Then, select ‘Wifi’ on the left side.
- Open ‘Advanced’ folder and go the TCP/IP tab.
- Now, type the router address somewhere and open DNS tab.
- Point to be noted that with the router address the DNS server is getting filled up by the correct address.
- Just tap the (-) mark and add the DNS server address.
- Finally, you complete the process.
Solution 2: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
To open Outlook in safe mode, go to the following steps one by one and apply them:
- At first, go to the Run box by pressing the Windows button and R at the same time.
- Now, type the “Outlook.exe /safe” command in the Run dialog box. That’s it.
You can open Outlook in Safe Mode except getting any objection. You have not got an error message on the Window screen. Basically, Outlook.exe /safe command helps to eliminate the customization from Microsoft Outlook. If your system is working properly after opening it in the Safe Mode, then disable add-ins by applying the below process.
Solution 3: Place the Default Outlook Data Files
After checking the internet connection, you need to place the default Outlook data files. So, go through the steps below:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel section and click on Mail.
- When the Outlook dialog box appears, select Show Profiles.
- After that, check the present Outlook profile and go to the Properties option.
- Now, choose Data Files.
- Then, put a name for your default Outlook email profile.
- Lastly, close the application and check if the issue is still there or not.
Solution 4: Create a New Mail Profile
In this step, creating a new profile on Outlook may solve this problem. Just follow the below guidelines one-by-one:
Step 1: Go to the Mail Setup Window
Firstly, click on Start and find the Run option under it. When a Run dialog will appear, type ‘Control’, then select the OK option. Depending upon the Windows version of your PC, follow any one of the instructions mentioned below:
- If you use Windows XP, then you will get the Category view after executing the above steps. After that, click on the User Accounts option and further select the Mail option. If you don’t get the Category view option, then double-click on the Mail option.
- If you use Windows Vista, click on the User Accounts option and click further on the Mail option. Doing this will open up a dialog box of Mail Setup.
Step 2: Initiate New Mail Profile Wizard
After finishing the above step, go to the New Profile Wizard by pressing Add from the Show Profiles section.
Step 3: Create a Profile
- Go to the Profile Name box and type ‘Test’ there. Then, select the OK option to confirm the name of your new email profile. After that, click on the Manually configure setup for the server check-box. Now, go to the Select Services page and choose ‘Internet Email’. Next, click on Next option and fill the boxes from the dialog box of Internet Email Setup.
- Secondly, check that the Account Type option is set to POP3 or not. It is important to note that you must type the ISP information or email admin details in the dialog box of “Outgoing mail server” (SMTP). Next, click on the Next option to follow the on-screen instructions and complete the account settings. Then, select ‘Finish’. After completing this process, you can create your mail profile successfully.
Solution 5: Clear Outbox and Change Server Time-out
The server time-out duration is 1 min by default in Outlook. When you are trying to deliver an email with a huge size attachment, the server timeout will be adequate that sends your emails getting stuck in the mail outbox. Therefore, cleaning outbox and enhancing the timeout duration might help to mitigate this error. To change Outlook server timeout, follow the below steps carefully:
- Firstly, open Outlook and go to the File option.
- Then, choose ‘Account Settings’ and click on the Change option.
- Now, select the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Next, go to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced tab, you can increase the Server timeout.
- At last, check if the error is resolved or not. If not, go through the next method.
Solution 6: Recover the Outlook File using the Inbox Repair Tool
At times, the PST file gets damaged due to an improper uninstallation. So, it refuses Outlook application from opening. To recover the file, you have to perform these steps as follows:
- First of all, go to Windows Explorer.
- Then, open the program files and go to the Microsoft office section.
- Now, type ‘exe’ in the search field and look for the SCANPST.EXE file there.
- When you find, double-click on it and browse the location of the PSt file.
- Next, press the Start button to execute the scanning process.
- If any error appears in the PST file, the following message will show:
“Errors were found in this file. To repair these errors, click Repair”.
- After that, click on the ‘Repair’ option and install the application with the PST file.
- After finishing this process, check if the issue is resolved. If it is not resolved, follow the next method.
Solution 7: Disable Add-ins and Repair Outlook Installation
Generally, Outlook add-ins help to enhance the application’s functionality. The add-ins can be the main cause of the Outlook Error 0x80040115 problem. Therefore, you have to turn off the add-ins. To perform that, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, hold and press the Windows key and the R button at the same time.
- Then, open the Run dialog box and type ‘Outlook.exe’ there.
- After that, tap on the Enter key and check the issue once. If it appears again, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and open the File menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Add-Ins’ option.
- Choose ‘COM Add-ins’ and click on the ‘Go’ option.
- Now, eliminate all the checkboxes from the given list.
- Next, press the Ok button and uncheck the boxes.
- Then, restart the Outlook application.
- Lastly, turn off the add-ins at a moment and identify the culprit.
If it fails to solve this problem, you need to repair your Outlook installation by using these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the Uninstall Programs option.
- Find Outlook in the list of installed programs and click on it.
- Choose Repair.
- Now, follow the instructions in the wizard.
Solution 8: Run a Scan Disk
You can get rid of the problem by applying the scan disk operation. To do it, go through the steps mentioned below:
For Windows 7
If you are a windows 7 user then, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- At first, double-click on the ‘My computer’ option.
- After that, you need to highlight the local hard drive by clicking on it.
- Then, right-click on the highlighted local drive, and then click on the Properties option.
- Now, you have to click on the Tools tab.
- Under this tab, select the ‘Check Now’ option, that will help you to check the drive for errors.
- After completing all the steps, restart your Asus device and run the Scan Disk.
- Wait for sometime for this process to complete.
For Windows 10
If you’re a Windows 10 user, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you need to open the ‘File Explorer’ option. You can do it by pressing the Windows key and the E key at the same time on the keyboard.
- After that, click on the ‘This PC’ option which you can find in the left navigation pane of the ‘File Explorer’ window.
- Then, you need to right click on the right side of the Window from the ‘Devices and Drives’ section from the drive which you have to scan.
- Select the Properties option.
- Now, select the Tools tab from the Properties Window.
- At the next step, click on the check option, that you will find under the ‘Error-checking’ section.
- At last, click on the scan driver in the ‘Error-checking’ window, and then check if the problem still bothers you or not.
Solution 9: Turn Off Windows Firewall Settings
To turn off Windows firewall settings, head over the following steps:
- First, open the system and click on the Start menu.
- After that, type the firewall in the run box and go to the Windows firewall by right-clicking on it.
- Next, open firewalls such as private and public at the same time. Then, set them to disable and hit the ‘Ok’ button.
- Now, go to the start menu again and type the ‘cmd’ in the run dialog box.
- Tap on the cmd option and click on the Run as administrator option.
- Then, hit on the ‘Yes’ option and come some following commands in the command prompt. Hit the Enter button after entering the command and your firewall is re-enabled now.
- regsvr32 wuapi.dll
- regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32 wucltui.dll
- regsvr32 wups.dll
- regsvr32 wups2.dll
- regsvr32 wuweb.dll
- Last, press the Enter button to complete the process.
Method 10: Change the SMTP Port
To resolve the Microsoft Outlook error, you can also change the SMTP port. Often the Outlook Error 0x80040115 might arise due to the wrong settings in the port:
- You need to open the Microsoft Outlook.
- Now, you need to select your account. You will find it under the email tab.
- Press on the Change button.
- When the internet e-mail Settings dialog box appears on your computer screen, you will get to see the settings for your existing account.
- Now, you need to go to the Advanced tab. You will find this under the Outgoing server (SMTP) option and then change the port from 25 to 587.
- Finally, you need to choose the OK button to save the changes that you have created.
- Check if the error that you were encountering resolves.
Method 11: Reinstall MS Outlook
You can also uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft Outlook. To uninstall the program, go through the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu and then open the Control Panel tab.
- When the Control Panel window appears on your computer screen, you need to click on Programs.
- When the window opens, you need to click on Programs and Features.
- Locate the program you want to uninstall and then click on Uninstall.
- The process will take a few minutes to complete.
- Reinstall Outlook and then check if the error fixes.
Solution 12: Update Driver Software
If you use a wrong, corrupt, missing or outdated driver, you encounter the same error. To fix the glitch, you can update the device drivers. Most importantly, you can update the drivers both manually and automatically.
buy clomiphene online buy clomiphene online no prescription
- If you want to upgrade the driver manually, you need to visit the manufacturer’s website and fetch the latest version of the driver.
- Make sure that the driver you are installing is compatible with your device.
- Now, download and install the driver correctly and then restart the device when the process completes.
- Finally, check if the error is fixed or not.
Automatic Driver Update
- First, run a full scan on your computer to look for problems with the driver.
- When the window appears, you will receive two options: Update and Update All.
- You can click on either of them. If you click on the Update option, the driver will download automatically, however, you need to install it manually.
- Alternatively, you can also select the Update All option. Upon choosing this option, both the download and the installation of the driver will be automatic.
- The process might take a few minutes to finish. When the installation completes, reboot your system and check if the error resolves.
Via Device Manager
Alternatively, you can also upgrade the driver via Device Manager. Follow the steps for a successful upgradation.
- Firstly, you need to click on the Windows key and R at the same time to invoke the Run dialogue box.
- When the Run dialogue box appears on your computer screen, type ‘devmgmt.msc.’ Hit the Enter key, and then the Device Manager will open.
- Double-click on the USB controllers option and then click on the ‘USB Composite Device’ option to select the ‘Update Driver Software.’
- Finally, click on the “Search automatically” option which we will search for the latest updates and then update the driver software.
- When the wizard appears on your computer screen, follow the instructions which appear to complete the process.
- When the process completes, reboot your system and check error persists.
Now, the above methods can help you to get rid of the Outlook Error 0x80040115. These methods are very helpful and easily execute them on the system. If you face any problem ever, then you can leave a comment.