Quickbooks is one accounting software that allows you to manage and carry out business options and finances in a proper way. Apart from its amazing features, it has some problems as well. One of such common error is Quickbooks Error PS077. It is also known as an update error.
While trying to install or download the payroll updates, you may encounter this error code on the system. On facing this error, the Quickbooks software might hang and prevent you from installing the payroll as well. Sometimes, you can also see the system running very slow.
There are several causes for this error. One of the most common reasons is the damaged or missing payroll folder or components tax table file. Moreover, this problem can occur due to:
- Older version of the Quickbook software.
- Wrong or outdated billing information.
- Corrupted Quickbook company files.
- Malware infection.
- Another security software.
Now, you have known all the causes that are responsible for this error. Thus, you need to check out the solutions for how to resolve the Quickbooks payroll error PS077 immediately.
9-Effective Solutions to Solve Quickbooks Error PS077
Below, we are going to explain certain solutions through which you can easily get rid of the Quickbooks error PS077 on your PC.
Solution 1 – Repair the QuickBooks Software
If the Quickbooks are missing or damaged, then you may come across this error code on the system. So, you can repair it by following these steps:
- Press the Start button and choose the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs and Features window, scroll down the page and select the Quickbook software. After that, click on the Repair option.
- Once the repair process is done, reboot your PC and then try to install the payroll updates.
Solution 2 – Update the QuickBook Software
An older version of the Quickbook software can cause the Quickbooks error PS077 on your computer. So, you need to update the software properly. To do that follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Quickbook.
- Find the latest version of the Quickbook software and then install it. After that, follow the onscreen instructions carefully to complete the installation process.
- Once the update process is finished, restart the device and then check if the problem still occurs or not. If the error still arises then you need to move to the next one.
Solution 3 – Remove the QuickBook Software and Install it Again
A corrupted QuickBooks software can definitely result in this error code on your PC. So, you must remove and reinstall it by the following steps:
- Go to the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features section.
- When the Programs and Features section opens, locate the QuickBook software and select it. After that, you will see the Uninstall button, click on it.
- Once the uninstallation process is finished, restart your computer and then reinstall it.
- So, you need to go to the official website of the QuickBooks and download the latest version of the QuickBooks software.
- After downloading this file, install it.
- Once the installation process is complete, reboot your computer and then try to install the payroll and check to see if the error still shows up or not.
Solution 4 – Uninstall the Third-Party Security Software
Sometimes, the security software can also cause the Quickbooks error PS077 on the device. So, you need to uninstall the security software at the earliest. The following steps will help you:
- Right-click on the Start button and select the Settings.
- On the Settings window, go to the Apps section and select the Apps and Features tab.
- From the Apps and Features tab, scroll down the page and locate the third-party security software that you are using, select it.
- After that, you will see the Uninstall button, click on it.
Solution 5 – Create QBTEST Folder
Creating a QBTEST folder can resolve this error code from the system.
- Open the Desktop and right-click on anywhere on the screen.
- Select New and choose Folder from the context menu.
- After that, type the name of the folder as QBTEST.
- Next, open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Right-click on the file and select Copy from the drop-down list.
- Paste the company file on the QBTEST folder that you have created.
- Finally, launch the company file from the QBTEST folder.
Solution 6 – Create a New Account
Another effective solution is to create a new account to solve the QuickBooks error PS077 from the system. To know more about it follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings window.
- On the Settings window, select Accounts and click on the Family & other users link.
- Click on the Add someone else to this PC option.
- Select the option, I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and then check Add a user without a Microsoft account box.
- Type the name of the new account and then click on the Finish button.
- After creating a new account, change the Account Type to Administrator and then click on the OK button.
Solution 7 – Use the Company File
Using the Company file, you can also get rid of this error code from the system. So, go through the steps given below.
- On the Company menu, select the Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Click on the Set Up Users button.
- For Enterprise Users: navigate to the Company menu and select Users. Then click on the Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click on the Add User button and enter the Username and Password. After that, tap the Next button to continue.
- After doing this, click on the Finish button.
- Next, open the File menu and click on the Close Company /Logoff button.
- Now, you need to use the new login information to log in to the Company file.
Solution 8 – Try Renaming the CPS Folder
Renaming the CPS folder can eliminate the QuickBooks error PS077 from your PC. Let’s take a look into the steps that you need to follow:
- Navigate to the folder C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Now rename the CPS folder as CPSOLD.
- After that, try to install the tax tables updates.
Solution 9 – Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
After performing the above solutions if the error code still appears then you need to reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework application. Take a look at the steps given below:
- Click on the Start button and select the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- Locate and select the Microsoft .NET Framework application and then click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling the application, you need to reinstall it again.
- So, go to the Microsoft official website and download the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework application.
- After finishing the download, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is done, restart your PC and then try to install it.
After installing this application, if the error persists, then you need to reinstall or repair the Microsoft MSXML and Microsoft Visual C++ application.