While using Adobe Photoshop, you might come across a number of errors among which Adobe Error 6 is one of the frequent ones. It results in the crashing of Active programs. Moreover, if you run the same program a number of times then it might lead to your PC crashing as well.
Besides, there are also other reasons that might lead to this error which include unethical download or the incomplete installation of the adobe photoshop software.
Also, if you have made some changes in the Adobe Photoshop software, then the Registry entries might be corrupted. As a result, Adobe error 6 pops up on your screen.
Hence, avail the best hacks and get the error resolved instantly.
How to Fix Adobe Photoshop Error 6?
Below discussed are some of the effective solutions that you can implement on your own to fix the adobe photoshop error 6 issue permanently.
Solution 1: Check Your Computer for the Presence of Malware
To fix this error, check if your computer has any malware or not. For that, follow the below steps properly.
- At first, start your computer in Safe Mode. Then, remove all the temporary files and folders.
- Now, download the malware scanner. Then, scan your PC for malware. After completing this process, you will get the scanning results as well.
- After that, use an antimalware program. That will help you to remove it from your personal computer.
Solution 2: Clean Out the System Junks
If you remove all the system junks, it might help you to solve this error. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- At first, press the Windows Key and also R simultaneously to open the Run Dialog box.
- After that, type “Temp” and press the Enter button.
- Then, select all those temporary files. Finally, press the “Delete” option.
Solution 3: Update the Device Driver
Updating your device driver might also help you to resolve this error effectively. For that, perform the below-mentioned instructions correctly.
Step 1: At first, go to the Start menu and open the Device Manager option. After that, click on the “Monitors and the Network Adapters” option. Then, search for your device.
Step 2: Next, right-click on your device and select “Update Driver” option.
Step 3: Now, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
Sometimes you might find Windows is unable to find a new driver. For the same, search manually.
Solution 4: Install All Pending Windows Update
Installation of all pending window updates is also an effective solution for this adobe photoshop error 6. To install that, follow these steps.
- First, click on the “Search” menu to open the search box.
- After that, type “Update” in the search box. Now, press the Enter button to open the “Windows Update” box.
- Now, click on the “Install Updates” option. Thus, you can install all the available updates.
Finally, the updates will be installed automatically.
Solution 5: Repair the Registry Entries
To fix the adobe error 6 repair the Registry Entries. If you edit the registry entries manually then it might be a dangerous factor. Hence, for your convenience, here are the steps that you can perform.
Step 1: In the search box, type “Command”. Then, press the Enter option.
Step 2: Now, hold the Ctrl+Shift option at the same time. After opening a new window hit the Enter option.
Step 3: Then, select the Yes option from the permission dialog box. Thereafter, type “Regedit” and press Enter to open the “Registry Editor”.
Step 4: Next, select the corrupted Registry key. From the file menu, select the “Export” option. Now, select a folder from the “Save In” option to move the backup.
Step 5: Select the “Selected Branch” from the Export Range box. After that, click on the ‘Save’ option.
Solution 6: Restore Your System
Sometimes, restoring your system can also be an effective fix. Hence, to do that
- At first, type the ‘System Restore’ in the search box. Then, hit the Enter option.
- After that, choose the “System Restore” and enter the administrator password.
- Now, select a restore point for your system.
- In the end, follow the steps that appear in the Wizard. That will help you to undo the recent changes.
After that, just restore your system. Hopefully, the error might be resolved.
Solution 7: Resolve Corruptions in Windows System Files
If nothing works, then you can try this last fix to solve adobe error 6. Hence, perform the following.
Step 1: At first, type “Command” in the search box. After that, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift at the same time. Then, hit the Enter option.
Step 2: Then, go to the permission dialog box and select the ‘Yes’ option.
Step 3: Now type “sfc/scannow’ and hit the Enter button to run the system file checker. Thus, you can scan your system files.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately might help you resolve the error successfully.