Bluetooth adapter driver is essential to transfer the files from one device to another via advanced wireless technology. Besides its excellent file transferring technique, incorrect installation of the Bluetooth driver may prevent you to perform the necessary tasks. When you try to connect the adapter to another device, you won’t be able to see your device as visible. As a result, you can’t access it without fixing the driver issue. Thus, we are going to discuss here the technical troubleshooting steps to resolve the BCM20702a0 Driver issues permanently.
Significant Reasons behind “BCM20702a0 not working” Problem
There are some critical problems that trigger the Bluetooth adapter driver issues very often. So, let know the major reasons responsible for the occurrence of this critical error.
- If the Bluetooth service is disabled, then it creates a problem in transferring the files from one device to another.
- Incompatibility between the System Operating System and Bluetooth Adapter driver cause this kind of annoying issue effectively.
- Bluetooth adapter not working may occur due to outdated Bluetooth driver or incorrect installation of the Bluetooth driver.
Fix BCM20702a0 Driver Issues with Essential Technical Troubleshooting Steps
Here are some of the effective ways, you can use to overcome the BCM20702a0 Driver issues without any further technical problems. Moreover, it helps to enhance driver performance. So, try out the following steps to fix the Bluetooth adapter problem efficiently.
Method 1: Verify the Bluetooth Service Status
Enable the Bluetooth services properly and create a pair with other devices before transferring the files, images, etc.
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and launch the Windows Service window by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Locate the Bluetooth Support Services option from the list and check its status whether it is running or not. If it shows disabled, then click the Restart button and then move to the Settings menu.
- Now, double-click on the Bluetooth Service and enter to the Bluetooth Properties window. Click on the General tab from the Properties window.
- Then, change the Service Startup type as Automatic and tap the Apply button to save the new changes. Finally, click the OK button and close the Service window.
- Next, pair the device with another via Bluetooth and try to send/receive the data to verify whether the “BCM20702a0 not working” issue still appears or not.
Method 2: Update Bluetooth Driver
By running the Bluetooth driver update program, you can fix the obsolete driver error, as well as, the device incompatibility issue. Thus, you can send/receive the files effortlessly.
- First, type “devicemngmt.msc” in the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Now, find out the Bluetooth Adapter from the list of the devices already installed for your device. Expand that option and choose the device that you want to connect through Bluetooth.
- Right-click on it and select the option Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- Next, choose the option says, “Browse My Computer for driver software” and click on the Next button to start the Update process. Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
- The update program will take a few minutes to complete and when done, try to reboot the device.
- Finally, connect a device via Bluetooth and transfer the file or image from one device to another. This way you can also check whether the Bluetooth device is working properly or not.
Method 3: Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver
You might even need to reinstall the Bluetooth Driver, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Windows key and R together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialogue box on the display.
- After that, type “control” in the Run dialogue box and hit the OK button to open the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on the ‘Programs & Features’ from the Control Panel window and tap the option ‘Uninstall a program’ under this section.
- You can see a list of application software which is already installed in your device. Choose the Bluetooth Adapter and its associated installer files.
- Right-click on them and select Uninstall from that menu appeared on the same screen. Now, confirm the Bluetooth adapter removing process by pressing the YES button from the resultant dialogue box.
- The adapter uninstallation program will take a few minutes to complete and when done, click the Finish button to end the step.
- Next, go to the device manufacturer’s website and download the adapter that must be compatible with your device OS.
- Save the downloaded file in your system and run the installer(.exe file) from that folder and the installation process will take a couple of minutes to complete. Make sure that your device has enough storage space to install it properly.
When done, try to reboot and reconnect another device via Bluetooth to verify whether the BCM20702a0 Driver issues got fixed or not.
In the above content, we have discussed the effective methods to avoid the Driver issues permanently. Moreover, you will get an idea about the critical factors responsible for this annoying issue. So, it will be quite easy to resolve the “BCM20702a0 not working” problem at the fundamental stage. So, we hope this article will help you to overcome all the technical glitches and fix BCM20702a0 Driver issues effectively.