Windows Update Error 0x8024001e is a common error that occurs while updating or installing the OS on your computer. Thus, it can prevent the system from installing or updating the necessary updates.
This error code can appear due to various reasons. One of the most common reasons is corrupted or missing registry or DLL files. Malware infections, poor internet connection, third-party security software, and an outdated version of the driver can also be responsible for this error.
Prominent Hacks to Resolve Error Code: 0x8024001e
Although this is a critical error, you can easily fix it. Here, we have discussed some hacks to solve the error 0x8024001e from your computer. You will be able to eliminate this error code by these following hacks:
Hack 1 – Renew IP
If there is a problem with the Internet connection, it may fail to update the system and generate the error code 0x8024001e. So, you need to renew the IP address by following these steps:
- Press the “Win + X buttons” together to launch the Quick Access feature and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- When you are in the “Command Prompt” window, type “ipconfig/renew” and then press the “Enter” button.
- Once it is done, reboot your computer and then try to update the system.
In case, renewing the IP doesn’t troubleshoot this error, proceed with the remaining hacks.
Hack 2 – Reset Winsock API
Resetting the Winsock API can also help to get rid of the Windows Update error code 0x8024001e. To try this method, follow these steps:
- Open the “Command Prompt” window by following the steps discussed above.
- Type the following commands one-by-one and then press the “Enter” button after typing each command.
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
After executing these commands, reboot the device and check the error condition.
Hack 3 – Restart the Microsoft Update Service
If the Microsoft Update service stopped working, you may come across this error code on the system. So, you should restart this service. The following steps will help you:
- Press the “Win + R keys” together to open the Run box.
- Type “services.msc” and then click on the “OK” option or hit the “Enter” button.
- From the “Services window”, look for the “Windows Update service” and right-click on it.
After that, select the “Restart” option to start the service again.
Hack 4 – Rename Software Distribution Folder
Renaming the Software Distribution folder can solve the update error 0x8024001e on your computer. So, go through these directions:
- Press the “Start button and R key” to launch the Run box. Type “services.msc” and then hit the “Enter” button or select the “OK” button.
- When you are in the “Services” window, search for the “Windows Update” service. Thereafter, right-click on it and then choose the “Stop” option.
- Afterward, press the “Win + E buttons” together to open the “File Explorer” window. Here, go to the following path “C: > Windows”.
- Locate the SoftwareDistribution folder, right-click on it and then select the “Rename” option. Change the folder’s name to “SoftwareDistributionOld”.
- After doing these, go to the “Services window” and look for the “Windows Update” service. Right-click on it and choose the “Start” option.
Once these steps are done, reboot your computer and update the system to check if the error code appears.
Hack 5 – Reset Windows Store Cache
Resetting Windows Store Cache can also eliminate the error code 0x8024001e from the system. To know more about it, follow these directions hereunder:
- Press the “Start” button and click on the “Search” button.
- Type “wsreset” and click on the search result. Otherwise, open the Run dialog window and type “wsreset.exe”.
- Click on the “OK” button in order to reset the Windows Store cache.
After doing this, restart Windows and then check if the issue is solved or not.
Hack 6 – Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Another effective solution by which you can easily get rid of this error code is to run the Windows Update troubleshooter. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Press the “Start” button and click on the “Settings icon”.
- Once you are in the Settings window, go to the “Update & Security” section and select the “Troubleshoot” tab.
- Scroll down the page and locate the “Windows Update Troubleshooter” section, then select it.
- After that, click on the “Run the troubleshooter” option to start the troubleshooting process.
Once the process gets finished, restart your Windows-based computer and check if the error persists.
Hack 7 – Repair the Registry Files
Corrupted system files can also lead to the error code 0x8024001e. So, you should repair these files using the Automatic Repair tool. Here’s how to do that:
- Type “Advanced Startup Options” in the Search box and then press the Enter button.
- From the “Advanced Startup Options” window, select the “General tab” on the left panel.
- On the right window pane, look for the “Advanced Startup” button. Click on the “Restart Now” option to start the system.
- Once the system restarts, the “Choose an option” will appear on the screen. Select the “Troubleshoot” and then click on the “Advanced Options”.
- Select the “Automatic Repair” option to begin the repairing process.
Once the repair process is complete, reboot the device and then check if the error is there.
Hack 8 – Remove the Security Software
Another third-party security software can also cause this update error. Therefore, you should uninstall it at the earliest. Below are the steps to delete the antivirus program causing this error:
- Press the Windows button + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and then press the “Enter” button or click the “OK” option.
- From the “Programs & Features” window, search the third-party security software.
- Select the antivirus and then click on the “Uninstall” option.
Once the uninstallation process is over, restart the PC.
Hack 9 – Perform System Restore
If the error occurs after performing all the above-discussed methods, try the system restore process to solve the error 0x8024001e. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Press the Windows button and click on the “Search” icon.
- Type “System Restore” in the search box and press the “Enter” button.
- From the “System Restore” window, click on the “Next” option.
- On the next window, select the restore point that you need and click on the “Next” option.
- Check all the details and click on the “Finish” button to begin the restoring process.
- Blackops3.exe has Stopped Working [Solved]
- Smart Hacks to Fix Comcast Error Code 225: Solutions at Your Fingertips
Once the process is done, reboot your computer and check if the update error is resolved or not.