When you upgrade any app using Play Store, at times, you can encounter a certain problem. Moreover, you may get stuck with an unexpected error message “Error Code 491”. In that case, the app starts to crash immediately. Also, you won’t be able to update any app and fail to install a new application. After a certain time, the device encounters freezes on a frequent basis and you won’t be able to use it without fixing this annoying issue. Here, we are going to talk about some of the necessary methods that will help you to avoid this critical issue confidently.
Significant Reasons behind Play Store Error 491
There are some major issues responsible for this error. Moreover, the browser won’t be able to give a real-time response and sometimes fail to launch Google Play Store. Here, we are going to talk about the effective steps to overcome it. And, you can try out the methods to avoid app error quickly.
- SD card corruption is one of the major issues for the occurrence of Play Store device error.
- Network sluggish is another barrier to this annoying issue.
- Older version of the Play Store fails to launch on the device and won’t be able to upgrade the service.
- Proxy Server settings error causes the network issues and the Play Store can’t be opened.
- Full of Play Store cache sometimes create a problem in opening the Play Store app due to memory insufficiency issue.
- Many times, Error 491 happens due to Google account error. If the account fails to recognize the app, then it denies launching that specific app. Similarly, Play Store also suffers from this annoying issue and you won’t be able to access the app without fixing it.
- Another reason that plays a vital role in occurrence this Play Store error is APK file error. Sometimes, incorrect installation or incomplete downloading process prevents to access the Play Store app.
Fix Google Play Error Code with Easy Ways
Some of the fixes play an effective role to overcome error 491. Moreover, it helps to fix the Google Play problem without any errors and enhances the app performance. So, you might try out the steps below to avoid this annoying issue and keep Google Play active for a long time.
Clear Google Play Store Cache
By the Play Store cache, you can handle this annoying situation without any flaws. Similarly, it also enhances the Play Store accessing speed.
- First, turn on your Android or Apple handset and launch the Gallery.
- Click on the Settings app and launch the Settings window.
- Tap on the Application Manager from the Settings window and finally, go to the Google Play Store under this section.
- After that, tap on the Force Stop option.
- Next, hit the Clear Cache and Data option from the resultant window and close the Play Store app.
- Finally, restart the device to check whether error 491 got fixed or not.
Remove and Re-enable the Google Account
You can fix the error code 491 by resolving the Google account sign-in issue. So, perform the following steps and enable the Play Store app with high security.
- First, click on the Settings app from the device gallery and tap on the Accounts from the Settings window.
- Locate Google easily by entering it in the Find text box and select it from the list.
- Next, hit the Remove button and delete the Gmail Account from the list. Restart the PC and reopen the Settings window.
- After that, go to the Account Settings again and include the same Google account. Thus, you can fix the Google Play error code 491 without any hassle.
Reinstall the Google Play Update
To enhance the Google Play Store service, you need to remove the app from your device and install it again with the latest version.
- Open the Settings window and click on the Apps under this section. After that, tap on the option “Uninstall Updates” from the next window. It will fix the update installation issue effectively.
- Again, go to the Settings window and click on the Apps from the same window.
- Next, double-tap on the Google Play Service from the running services and click on the Uninstall Updates button and it will take a few minutes to complete.
- Now, go to the Google Official website. Download and install the latest version of the Google Play that must be compatible with your Android handset.
- Finally, reboot the android device and launch the Google Play Store to verify whether the changes take effect or not.
Remove APN with Proxy Set
By removing the APN and customizing the Proxy Server settings, you can avoid the Play Store app error code 491 effectively.
- First, click on the Settings app and open the Settings window. Now, locate the Network Connection from that window.
- Next, tap on More Networks from the Network Connection Settings window.
buy forzest online galenapharm.com/pharmacy/forzest.html no prescription
- After that, choose the network device as Mobile Networks and click on the Access Point Names from the same window.
- Then, tap on the access points and verify whether any proxy/port set is present here or not. If the Access Point (AP) includes the proxy or port set, then remove the APN from that list.
- Finally, close the window and try to restart the device. Now, try to open the Google Play Store app to check whether the error code 491 got resolved or not.
Download the APK File
- Click on the Settings icon and click on the Security tab from the Settings window.
- Now, toggle on the button which is set as disabled and enable it for accepting the unknown resource.
- Next, click on the Download and install button bedsides the APK files and it will take a couple of minutes to finish the installation program. Make sure that your handset has enough space to install the new updates and clean the storage spaces if necessary.
- The APK file will be installed outside of the Google Play Store and it will be upgraded with the latest version.
- Finally, tap the Finish button when done and refresh the device by rebooting the device. Then, launch the Google Play Store again and verify whether the problems got fixed or not.
Reset App Preference
- Again, touch the gear icon and launch the Android device settings window.
- Choose the Apps tab and go to the Application Settings section from this window.
- Next, tap the three dots from the upper-right corner of the screen and select Reset App Preferences from the same screen.
- Finally, hit the Reset Apps button and it will take a couple of minutes to complete the Google App Reset process.
- Restart the device when the entire program is done and check whether Android error code 491 still comes up at the time of accessing the Play Store or not.
Check SD card
- First, check whether the SD card is properly inserted into the slot or not.
- Now, verify whether the memory card has enough storage space to download and install the latest version of Play Store.
- Next, make sure that the external storage is not corrupted or not.
- Finally, store and transfer the file into that storage card and keep memory free to avoid glitches.
Verify the Network Connection
You can fix the internet connection sluggish problem and resolve the Play Store app issue immediately.
- If you are a user of the wired connection, then you must check the physical connectors. Even, if the ethernet cable is found as defective, then replace with the new one.
- Moreover, check the port that all the ports are working properly or not. If any of the port got damaged, then it won’t be able to recognize the system for creating a fair internet connection. So, repair them as soon as possible if necessary.
- Furthermore, the wires should be connected to the ports very tightly and resolve the network error easily.
In the case of the wireless connection, you must check whether the Wi-Fi signal shows a steady signal or drops frequently. If the signal fluctuates on a frequent basis or is toggling after a certain time, then reset the router appropriately. If you are still facing the signal dropping issue, immediately contact the ISP for a fix.
Modify the Internet Settings
To customize the internet setup, you can easily fix the network error. Moreover, it helps to avail a flawless and high-speed internet connection without any conflicts.
- Right-click on the network icon (Wi-Fi/LAN connection) and choose open the network and Internet Settings.
- Select Change the Adapter Settings from the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the network connection and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Tap on the Networking tab from the Network Properties window.
- Make sure that the protocols IPV4 and IPV6 both are selected and tap on the Properties tab.
- Set the DNS address appropriately and click the Apply button to save the new changes.
Perform a Factory Reset
To Factory Reset, you can remove unnecessary as well as the problematic apps from your device.
- First, take a backup of all the data of your device.
- Now, open Settings from the list.
- After that, tap on the Backup and Reset option from the Settings window.
- Next, choose the Factory Data Reset option from the resultant page. This will take several minutes to complete. It will show a successful message when done.
- Finally, reboot the Android device and launch the Play Store app to check whether the new app is installed successfully or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the effective steps to resolve the error code 491 permanently. Moreover, it will help to enhance the app performance and makes the application software user-friendly. Here, we have defined the significant errors behind the annoying issue and we have given the possible symptoms for it. So, we hope this content will be beneficial to tackle the 491 Google Play error quickly.