You may encounter this annoying technical error of the Gmail account due to several reasons. As this is the most frequent and general issue that most of the Gmail account users face, luckily, there are numerous fixes to get rid of this annoying technical error code.
Here, we have arranged to gather some effective and easy ways to eradicate the Gmail account error code 502: Bad gateway. Additionally, these technical hacks are that easy that you will be capable to accomplish all of these on your own without the help of an expert technician. You just need to keep in your mind that perform the troubleshooting hacks one-by-one as mentioned in the article. Hence, let’s take a look at the below passage in detail to know more.
Way 1: Upgrade the Web Browser
The backdated version of your web browser may be the main culprit behind this annoying technical Gmail 502 error code. Therefore, to get rid of this technical error, you just need to update the web browser of the system to the updated version. Moreover, it is not a troublesome task. You just need to follow some easy steps. Additionally, this method can resolve various types of minor bugs in the system. To do it, go through the below passage.
- At first, you need to go to the web browser of the system and open it.
- After that, go to the More option of the web browser.
- Tap on the drop-down button to open the list of Menu.
- Now, you need to tap on the About option from a lot of options.
- In this section, you can check the current version of the web browser that you are accessing.
- In case, if there is any latest or updated version available for your system, then you need to download the version of the web browser.
- It may take some time to download, so wait for a minute while.
- Whenever the downloading process is completed, then you need to relaunch the web browser.
- Once all the steps are done, restart the system for good measure.
Finally, you can try to open your Gmail account and try to send some emails to verify that the error code is resolved or not. In case, if the issue still persists, then move out to the next solution to fix this technical error.
Way 2: Disable the Antivirus Application from the System
Generally, an antivirus program is a very crucial application for each and every system. But sometimes, the antivirus application becomes corrupted itself on the system and averts many of the objectionable websites from accessing. Moreover, the dilemma can also arise because of the functionality of an antivirus application. To get rid of this frustrating Gmail 502 error code, you need to disable the antivirus application momentarily from the system. To do it, you just need to perform some easy steps. Follow the below-described steps to disable the antivirus application from the system.
- At first, go to the antivirus application which is installed on the system.
- After that, double-click on the antivirus icon to open it.
- Next, you need to tap on the Settings option.
- After that, navigate to the ‘Real-time Protection’ option under the Settings option.
- Now, disable the ‘Real-time Protection’ option by turning it Off.
- You need to navigate to the firewall of the antivirus application and after that, disable the option.
- Next, select the YES option to confirm your choice.
- Restart the system and try to open the Gmail account once again.
Now, the process is complete. Hence, check the Gmail account and try to send an email to verify that the issue is fixed or not. In case, if the issue still persists, then move out to the next fixing method.
Way 3: Perform the Steps to Lab Features
This is the most fundamental method that you must try to eradicate this annoying issue on your own. In order to resolve this Gmail 502 error code effectively, you need to swap the Gmail settings and disable the lab features of your Gmail account. Moreover, this is not a troublesome task. You just need to follow some easy steps to do so. The easy steps are described in the following section.
- At first, you need to go to your Gmail account and sign-in. Provide the correct and accurate login credentials to sign in, such as password of the account and username of the account.
- Next, you need to tap on the Settings option from the Gearbox of the Gmail account. Now, tap on the Lab option and find the Background Send option.
- Tick on the checkbox of the Disable option to turn off the features of the Gmail account.
- Once all the steps get completed, restart the system for good measure.
Now, check the Gmail account to send the emails. In case, if you are still struggling with the 502 bad gateway technical error, then it is advised to move out to the next solution.
Way 4: Clear the Cache and Cookies
An undesirable accumulation of the cache files can reduce the functionalities and purposes of the web browser. As a result, you may get various types of minor technical bugs like Gmail 502 error code. Hence, to get rid of this frustrating error code, you need to delete the cookies and cache of the web browser. Take a look at the below passage in detail of the steps to delete the cache and cookies from the web browser.
- At first, you need to launch the web browser on the system.
- After that, tap on the Settings option.
- Choose the Advanced option under the Settings option to proceed further.
- Now, you will get a list of options. Select the Clear browsing data option from the list.
- Next, you will get only three options. Tick the checkbox of the three available option and tap on the Clear data option to proceed further.
- The clearing process may take some time to complete. So, be patient and wait.
- Now, you need to relaunch the web browser of the system.
- After completing all the above-described steps, restart the system for good measure.
Finally, check your Gmail account to verify if the Gmail 502 error code is resolved or not. In case, still, if the error code is averting you to access your mail account, then you should move out to the next method. The next troubleshooting method surely will help you to fix this general error.
Way 5: Perform the Steps to Disable the Browser Extension and Add-ons
You need to perform some steps to disable the browser extension and add-ons in order to fix this annoying issue on your own. Moreover, there are various types of extensions which are generally liable for averting the mail account to open in the particular web browser. Thus, sometimes, disabling the web browser extension and add-ons become an effective way to eradicate the Gmail 502 error code. Hence, some easy and effective steps are described in the following section by which you can easily disable the browser extension and add-ons on the system.
Additionally, there is another way that you can try before turning off the extensions of the web browser on the system. You can easily try to use the Incognito mode instead of the conventional web browser to access your Gmail account. Try to open the Gmail account in the Incognito mode and send some email. In case, if this way works, then you can go for the disabling the web browser extensions and add-ons procedures.
Generally, the Incognito is a mode of browsing which is already present in each and every web browser. Moreover, this mode of browsing does not store or records any history of browsing data. In addition, this mode of browsing also obstructs the extensions of the web browser which might oppose you to access the Gmail account on the web browser.
Here, in this informative post, we have rounded up some of the easiest and effective troubleshooting hacks by which you can easily eradicate the Gmail 502 error code on your own. Additionally, we have described the prime and generic causes of this annoying error code. Moreover, this article primarily assists non-tech-savvy persons. So, you do not require any extra knowledge or ideas to execute the above-described steps. Hence, try the above-described troubleshooting hacks and see which one is giving you the ultimate troubleshooting solutions in no time. In case, you face any trouble while performing the ways, then please let us know in the comment section below.