While trying to update the Malwarebytes software, Malwarebytes stuck on checking for updates error is one of the most common things which you can encounter. This can come up due to many reasons. Well, if you have faced this error and want to resolve it, then let this article help you. This article consists of several guidelines which will help you out. But before going to that part, first, you have to know about the reasons behind this issue.
Reasons for Malwarebytes Stuck on Checking for Updates Error
There are more than one reason why you can encounter this error with your device. For instance-
- Due to a software conflict, you can encounter this error with your device.
- You can also encounter this error due to internet error.
- As per some of the experts, you can get this error due to corrupted download of Malwarebytes.
Troubleshoot Malwarebytes Stuck on Checking for Updates Error
Here, is a complete guideline using which you will be able to fix this error quickly. They are listed below. So, keep reading.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection
You can also check the internet connection to resolve this error quickly. In case you are using LAN or WiFi connection, then you have to restart the device and resolve it.
After performing these processes, you will be able to troubleshoot this error. If not, then you have to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Reinstall Malwarebytes
You can reinstall malwarebytes to resolve this error in a quick note. In order to uninstall malwarebytes, you have to perform these steps:
- At first, you need to go to the Start button as well as you have to locate the search bar.
- Now, in the search bar, you have to search for Control Panel.
- Now, in the Control Panel, you have to locate Programs and Features option.
- Here, you will be able to see a list of installed applications.
- After that, you have to find Malwarebytes and place a right-click on it.
- follow on-screen guidelines to complete the uninstallation process.
After completing uninstallation process, you need to go to the official website of Malwarebytes and install the latest version of it.
Now, you have to check the status of the error. This time you will be able to resolve this error. If not, then follow the alternative method.
Method 3: Run Rootkit Scan
You can also perform a Rookit scan, you will be able to resolve this error without any hassle. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to go to the Start Menu.
- Once done, you have to search for the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- After that, you have to tap on the one which says, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Now, you have to tap on the Settings tab from inside Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Once done, you have to tap on the Detection button as well as locate the protection tab from the inside of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- Now, you have to make the box be checked against, Scan for Rootkits.
After performing these steps, you will be able to resolve this error quickly.
Here, is a comprehensive guidance using which you will be able to resolve this matter without any hassle. In that case try to follow each and every step carefully. Try to avoid step jumping. In case you encounter any kind of errors while performing these steps, then you can leave a comment in the comment section.