A lot of Quickbooks users are complaining about the Quickbooks Error PS033 most often. The error generally occurs when the CPS has any corrupted or damaged company file. It is also known as Quickbooks Payroll update error.
Other than this, there are several other reasons that can result in this error.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code PS033:
We haven’t found any universal solution to this problem though we have encountered numerous fixes in order to get rid of this error. You should definitely check the solutions out.
Fix 1: Update Payrolls
You should try this first thing first. You should make sure whether you can update the payrolls. Follow the steps below.
- Open Quickbooks. Proceed to Get Payroll updates in Employees.
- Then, choose Get Payroll Updates.
- You have to download the payroll. Click on the Download Entire Payroll Update.
- Choose Update.
Once you are done, check if the error persists.
Fix 2: Rename CPS Folder
We have another simple solution to eradicate the error from Quickbooks. You can rename the CPS folder. Many users have verified this fix.
- Navigate the following path: C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll.
- Look for the CPS folder there.
- Rename the folder that you can remember easily.
- Update the payroll tax tables of Quickbooks.
Fix 3: Disable User Account Control
If the two fixes didn’t help you then try this fix. You have to disable a user account on your system. Hence, follow these steps one by one.
- Press and hold Win+R keys simultaneously from the keyboard.
- It will then launch the Run dialog box. Now, fill it with “control panel” and click on OK.
- Now, go for the option of User Accounts. Make sure that you have set View by as Large icon. Click on that option.
- Choose the “ Change user account control settings”. Glide the slider.
- Select Never Notify option.
Hopefully, it may have resolved the error.
Fix 4: Reboot your System
If nothing is fixing your Quickbooks Error PS033 then you have to try this fix, lastly. You have to restart your system and launch Quickbooks again. Sometimes, any minor cause can create such an error.
- You have to run Verify and Rebuild Data in your Quickbooks application.
- Download the update if there is any available.
- Reboot your system after enabling the Safe mode.