Sleep mode is an effective way of keeping your PC active and saving electrical consumption at the same time. It is a standby mode which cuts the power to unwanted systems and allows RAM to maintain the computer’s data. But sometimes, your computer cannot enter the sleep mode due to some issues. Therefore, you need to be aware of these problems so that you can make use of the Sleep mode as per your convenience.
Factors Responsible For Windows 10 Sleep Issues
We are listing down the reasons which may prevent you from accessing Sleep mode in Windows 10.
- The problem can arise due to incorrect Seep mode settings.
- If you do not update the chipset, BIOS and network drivers, then you may face Sleep mode issues.
- If the software installed on your PC continues to send the power request, then your computer cannot enter the Sleep mode.
- Sometimes, this problem occurs when you do not run the latest version of Windows 10.
How Can You Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Issues?
You can fix this problem by simply applying the methods mentioned below.
Check The Sleep Mode Settings
- Open the Control Panel and select ‘Power Options.’
- Click ‘Choose when to turn off the display’ and save the changes.
- Now, select the ‘Sleep’ mode from the ‘Start’ menu.
- If the problem persists, then move on to the next solution.
Update The PC Drivers
If your PC does not have the latest drivers, then you need to update them at the earliest. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager from the Start menu.
- Expand ‘Network Adapters’ and select your device.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Update Driver.’
- Now, click on ‘Search automatically for the updated driver software’ option.
- Windows 10 starts searching for an updated driver and if it finds such a compatible driver, then it installs it on your PC.
Follow the steps given below if you want to update the driver manually.
- Open Device Manager and expand ‘Network Adapters.’
- Right-click on the device which requires an updated driver and then, you need to select ‘Update Driver.’
- Browse your computer for the driver software and click ‘OK.’
- Check the box of ‘Include subfolders’ and click ‘Next.’
- When you will restart your PC, you will find that your device has updated drivers.
Upgrade Windows To Its Latest Version
- Open ‘Settings’, click on ‘Updates and Security’ and select ‘Windows Update.’
- Check for updates and if any updates are available, then your system notifies you.
- Now, you can download and install the update manually or let your PC install them automatically.
Check For Power Requests
- Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt(Admin).
- Enter ‘POWERCFG-REQUESTS’ in the popup window.
- It displays the list of power requests on your PC.
- Now, open the Command Prompt again and type the command: ‘POWERCFGREQUESTSOVERRIDE.’
- Then, specify the ‘Caller type’, ‘Name’, and ‘Request’ and press ‘Enter.’
- It will cancel the power request of all the software installed on your PC.
What To Do If Windows Goes To Sleep Without Permission?
Another issue which is related to the Sleep mode is that it may go to sleep without your permission. But, no need to be worried because this article has the solutions to help you in getting rid of this problem as well.
Restore System Defaults
- Go to ‘Settings’ and navigate to the ‘Power and Sleep’ section.
- Click ‘Additional Power Settings’ and choose when to turn off the display.
buy cialis generic yourcialisrx.com over the counter
- Click on ‘Restore default settings for this plan’ button and save the changes.
- If this does not fix the sleep mode issues, then select ‘Change advanced power settings’.
- Select a different plan from the drop-down menu and choose ‘Restore plan defaults.’
- Click ‘OK’ to apply the changes.
Adjust Advanced Settings
- Open Control Panel and select ‘Power Options.’
- Click ‘Choose when to turn off the display’ and then tap ‘Change advanced power settings.’
- Scroll down the window and select ‘Sleep.’
- Now, choose whether you want your PC to go to sleep after a certain time or never want it to enter the sleep mode.
- Click ‘Apply’ to implement the respective changes and exit the window.
If none of these two methods fixes this issue, then remove the battery if you are using a laptop. Reinsert the battery after a few seconds. Restart the machine to ensure that it has solved the issue. Hope this article will be able to end all your troubles with this problem.