While logging in to the Windows Live Messenger, users might confront Windows Live Messenger error code 80072EE7. Generally, the error code appears when you have downloaded the corrupted version of Windows Live Messenger software. Moreover, the error code happens when the installation process of the software could not complete.
In addition, corrupted Windows registry key is also responsible for the error code. Due to the attack of the virus, Windows Live Messenger gets damaged and as a result, the error code 80072EE7 appear.
Well, if you already faced the issue and looking for an instant solution in order to get rid of this situation, then you have landed on the right page. This article will help you to resolve this particular issue on a quick note. Hence, go through the solutions and get an idea to resolve the issue.
Fixes for the Windows Live Messenger Error Code 80072EE7
Here we are going to provide some of the easy and instant hacks which will help you to solve the Windows Live Messenger error code 80072EE7. In this case, try to walk through the solutions whichever is convenient for you.
Procedure 1: Repair the Registry Entries
The first process that you need to try is to repair the registry entries. To perform the action, first, you need to open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R simultaneously.
After that, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- Type regedit in the Run dialog box and click OK to continue. It will open the Registry Editor option.
- Now, copy the following command Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsDefender and hit the Enter button to open the Windows Defender.
- You need to disable the Windows Defender from the right panel of the system’s screen.
- Finally, click apply and press OK to complete the process.
In this way, you can Fix Windows Live Messenger Error Code 80072EE7. If you still get the same error code, move to the next section.
Procedure 2: Run System File Checker
A corrupted system file can cause this annoying issue. Moreover, incomplete installation of the files creates Windows Live Messenger Error 80072EE7.
To overcome this situation, you need to run the System File Checker.
- At first, press the Start button and type ‘cmd’ in the search bar. Press the Enter button to open the Command Prompt.
- In the command box, type sfc/scannow and hit the Enter button. It will run automatically and recognize the bad files sectors.
- After completing the process, restart the system and resolve the problem easily.
Procedure 3: Turn off the Antivirus Program
In most of the cases, running antivirus causes the problem. Hence, in order to fix the issue, you need to disable the antivirus program. Therefore, to turn off the antivirus, follow the instructions mentioned in the section below.
- At first, launch the antivirus on your device and go to the Settings option.
- From the Settings option, select the Turn Off the Antivirus option. You can select a time duration for what time you want to disable the antivirus software.
After doing this, try to log in to your Windows Live Messenger account and check whether it is working properly or not. Otherwise, move to the next section.
Procedure 4: Set the Correct Date and Time
If your system’s date and time are not set properly then you might confront the error code 80072EE7. Hence, it is quite necessary to set the time and date properly to solve this issue.
- First, click on the Time and Date section which is available in the bottom-right corner of the system screen.
- After that, launch the Date and Time’s settings page. Then, you need to set proper date and time according to your region and then save it.
This is the process on how to fix Windows Live Mail error 80072EE7. After completing the process, reopen the Windows Live Messenger and try to log in to your account by providing the user id and password. Check it is opening in normal condition.
Procedure 5: Install the Available Windows Update
For better performance of any application, it is necessary to update your device. If an update is pending of Windows it might lead you to this situation. Hence, you need to install all the pending update all pending update in order to eliminate the error code.
To do so, walk through the following steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, press the Start button and open the Control Panel option. From the Control Panel option, select Windows Update option and click on that.
- It automatically checks whether an updated version is available or not. If yes, then update the fresh version and install it on your device.
After updating the Windows, restart the system and then Windows Live Messenger will work finely.
On the whole, we hope that the solutions provided by us are good enough to solve the Windows Live Messenger error code 80072EE7 with ease. Go through the article properly and apply the mentioned steps accordingly to get rid of this situation.
Furthermore, to get more tech-related problems and their solutions, stay connected with our article.