Bitdefender provides its users with the best level of round the clock security. It not just prevent the system files against malware and viruses but also denies access to suspicious encounters as well. If you want complete online anonymity through encryption, then you should go for Bitdefender Premium VPN. It basically acts as an extra layer of protection to your connection of all incoming and outgoing traffic. However, despite being a user-friendly addition to this security package, it can often deliver real-time glitches such as Bitdefender VPN Error 1004. Many users reported that while trying to use the software, an abrupt message appears, hindering any further process.
The message reads “A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has created at C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ BitDefender ThreatScanner.dmp. You are encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for investigation of the Bitdefender error on Restart.”
If you want to eliminate this risky error and want to gain an advanced solution that can effectively work in your favor, then go through this article. Even if you are not from a technical domain, this piece of the document can serve the best. It can provide the reasons and precaution measures to mitigate the error.
Underlying Causes behind Bitdefender VPN Error 1004
Before you proceed to troubleshoot this problem, the foremost necessity is to understand the root cause. This can subsequently help you to combat the problem in the near future. There can be various reasons, here we have listed the top five factors that were predominantly reported by the Bitdefender users, have a look:
- The endpoint of the Bitdefender Security Tools is not configured correctly to communicate over the internet through a proxy.
- Presence of the previous version of the Bitdefender files, even after the upgradation to the latest version can cause file conflict.
- Pirated software Installation from an unofficial website can freeze any running program in the Bitdefender.
- If the registry files and data related to the Bitdefender gets corrupted.
- Failing to update the Bitdefender program for a prolonged time.
Now, that you are well accustomed to the core reasons. Let us proceed to free the system from the grasp of Bitdefender VPN Error 1004.
Fixed Bitdefender VPN Error 1004 through Hassle-free Hacks
If the error freezes the Bitdefender application, then it leaves you with no choice but to close the application and restart the system. Rebooting the system is considered to be the most basic but effective hack that has the potential to eliminate the minor real-time issue. After restarting the system, try to access the application, if the error message reappears, force shutdown. Then, proceed towards the next section and learn about the advanced hacks that can eliminate the Bitdefender VPN Error 1004 in no time.
Method 1: Install Bitdefender VPN on Windows
If you are having a problem in accessing the VPN application, then it must be conflicting either with previous downloads. Or, it was not installed properly. So, here are the steps that can help you to get this application through the Bitdefender interface. But remember, before you proceed, Bitdefender VPN requires ‘.Net Framework 4.5.2’ or higher. In case you do not have this package, a notification will automatically appear. It will redirect to a page from where you can download the necessary software. Now, start with the installation of the VPN application:
- To start, click on the Privacy icon present on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface. Now, try to locate the VPN pane and within it select the ‘Open VPN’ option.
- A description window will appear regarding the VPN application. Read the Subscription agreement, and then click on ‘Install Bitdefender VPN’.
- Wait for a minute, without hindering the process. The files will automatically get downloaded and installed and at the same time will remove the previous installation.
Now, try to access the Bitdefender VPN application. If you fail to access the files, then move to the next alternative described below.
Method 2: Repair the Files associated with Bitdefender product
If the files associated with the antivirus are corrupted, then these steps can repair the Bitdefender product.
- First, press the Windows Key and the R key together, to open the Run dialogue box, on the keyboard.
- In the command box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and hit the Enter key to execute the command. This will bring up the ‘Programs and Features’ option in the Control Panel.
- Now, you just have to locate the Bitdefender product from the list and right click on it. From the drop-down menu choose ‘Uninstall’. A new window will appear, there locate and select the Repair button.
- Subsequently, a new window will appear and the repair process will start. You can easily monitor the process through the progress bar. Wait for the operation to finish, follow the instructions as the window indicates.
buy ivermectin UK buy ivermectin no prescription
Then, restart your computer. The issue you encountered with the product should be resolved by now.
However, if you are still unable to mitigate the Bitdefender VPN Error 1004, then the last effective resort is to update Bitdefender virus definitions.
Method 3: Manually update Bitdefender Virus Definitions
To proceed, the very first thing that you need to do is check whether you have a stable network connection. Then, you can use a Virus Definition Update application, which consists of all the virus definitions and scan engines updates that are available up to the release date. The next steps are more than simple. Download the file based on the OS that you are using. You can either go for the 32-bit version or 64-bit version. Next, save the file locally on the hard disk.
- To start the setup wizard, double click on the downloaded file and wait for a minute. When the setup wizard window appears, click on the Next button. This will begin the installation process.
- In the License Agreement window, tick the box right next to the ‘I Accept’ label. And again hit the Next button.
- Finally, click on Install, to begin the installation process. As soon as, the process comes to an end, click on the Finish button to close the installation wizard.
With this new and updated package of Bitdefender, you can easily eliminate the error. Finally, restart the system and use the Bitdefender VPN application without any hindrance.
- You can also check whether the system is connected through a secured and stable connection. If not, this can lead to various error messages. Thus, test the connection and connect to your ISP for better monitoring and choose a better data package.
- If there are any unprotected software, then you can uninstall it. Simple right click on the application and choose ‘Uninstall’ from the drop-down list.
- If you have more than two antivirus software installed on your computer, then you must avoid using both the programs at the same time. Otherwise, you can choose to uninstall the less used one, in order to avoid software conflict.
- Try to update the software in a periodical manner, as new versions have advanced features to combat technical glitches without any human effort.
Hope, the article had enough information to help you understand the severity of the error and how to deal with it in the future. Further, we recommend you not to download any application from unsecured websites. Try to scan the system files daily to protect your computer against malware and virus. Lastly, if you have any queries regarding the Bitdefender VPN Error 1004, then post it along with your feedback in the comment section below.