Often, it is found that the Windows users face up with certain annoying errors while using it and the 0x80004005 error code is one of them. This error is usually triggered while they cannot access any kind of shared folders, drives, and other directories. You might also encounter this error when the Windows fails to install the updates on the OS.
So many facts are out there that might be responsible for the occurrence of the error. The troubleshooting methods entirely depend on how and when it originates on the system. The error message doesn’t specifically inform you about the error.
Whatsoever, you are going to resolve the issue with the help of this guide and prevent it from appearing in the future. There are so many aspects that you should know about and here you will. For that, you only have to stick to this article.
Convenient Methods to Solve the 0x80004005 Error:
As already discussed, there are so many aspects of the error 0x80004005 and you need to know them very well. From the shared files and folders to VR boxes, the error appears on several systems. In this section, we are going to walk you through all the working solutions to get rid of the error right away. You will find all the situations where this error might appear and the process to solve them.
Method 1: Repair the Corrupt System Files
No matter which situation you are in right now, but there’s one thing that you should always note about the error. Before performing any of the given methods, the first thing you should do is to repair the corrupt system files from the system.
This is so important because the corrupt system files might be the main reasons behind the occurrence of the error. There’s nothing to worry about it as Windows comes with a built-in tool to run it. If you are not certain about the steps, then follow the steps.
- Press the Windows button and make a search for Command Prompt from the Windows Search menu.
- From the list of search results, right-click on the Command Prompt. From there, select Run as Administrator to open it with the administrative privileges.
- As the Command Prompt (Admin) opens, type in the following line of command “sfc /scannow” and hit the Enter key to execute it.
- Wait for a few minutes and let the SFC tool scan the entire file structure and complete the process.
Once you are done with the steps, you can check if the error 0x80004005: unspecified error is still on your PC. If the issue is resolved, then it’s quite good and if it wasn’t, then try out the next methods in different situations.
Method 2: For the VR Boxes – Check the Registry Keys
Amongst the many erroneous situations, the error also appears on the VR boxes. However, you should note that the main reason behind the error is the registry files. They might get corrupt which later on causes this error.
Here, we have to repair those corrupt registry files to acquire the fixing methods in an appropriate manner. Creating a token value in the concerned registry file will help a lot to get rid of the error. However, the steps to create such token value in the registry editor are as follows.
- At first, open the Run window by pressing the Windows and R key together.
- As the Run window opens, type in “regedit” in the search box and click Ok or press the Enter key to continue further with the steps.
- After that, the registry editor will open where you have to navigate to the following path and make some changes there.
- After that, look for this path in the Layers section.
- In case, you find the key in there, then delete it and make it again to fix the error.
Once you are done with all the steps, you can easily check if the error still persists on the system. If it is related to the Virtual Box, then this is the only method that can help you get rid of it. However, disabling antivirus might also help you to fix it as it did to many users.
Error 0x80004005 at the Time of Accessing a Shared Drive or a Folder
This is one such error that can appear in different conditions and if it appeared while you are accessing a shared drive or folder, then this solution is only for you. Here, you only have to create a registry key with a value of 1. Follow the steps and do it
- After that, the registry editor will open where you have to navigate to the following path and make some changes in there.
- The changes you have to make here totally depend on which type of system you are using. For 32 bit system, DWORD value is the key that you have to create. Whereas, for the 64-bit system, QWORD value should be created.
But in either case, the name of the registry key has to be LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and the value should be numeric 1. If not, then change it to the said value.
- Afterwards, click on OK and close the registry editor and finally restart the computer.
Now is the time when you should check for the error about its existence on the system. If it still exists there, then some of the network adapters might help.
Delete Hidden Microsoft Network Adapters
To delete the Microsoft network adapters, stick to the steps as described in the following section.
- Press the Windows and S key together and search for the “Device Manager” in the Windows Search menu.
- From the list of search results, open it and then select the Network Adapters section from the list of different device drivers.
- After that, click on the View tab from the menu. Then, select View Hidden Devices to gain access to all the hidden drivers.
- If there are Microsoft 6 to 4 Adapters, then remove them from the menu. To do that, you only have to right-click on them and select the Uninstall option from the queue window.
After performing all the steps, reboot the system and now you can check whether you have solved the error code 0x80004005 or not. It shouldn’t be on the system now.
So, these are the aspects that you should know about the error code 0x80004005 as there are so many of them. You have also come across all the solutions for different situations to get it solved. Throughout the article, we have tried our best to guide you to solve the error at the moment it appeared. Hope, it was a helpful perspective to get rid of the annoying error that we have been discussing for a while.