Error code 0xC000000F is a type of blue screen of death errors faced by several Windows users while booting up their system. This error is related to the Windows Boot Manager. When the Windows attempts to read the Boot Configuration Data, it shows this error message. And, it insists the users to restore their systems using Windows Installation Media.
If you are facing this error for the first time, then is quite a difficult task for you to solve it by yourself. But nothing to get worried about this. Here, in this article, we are going to present some easy tips and tricks which can help you to fix the error. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below. So, let’s start.
What Causes the Error Code 0xC000000F?
There is a lot of reasons behind the error code 0xC000000F. Before going to the solution, have a look at the causes given below:
- Damage boot sector because of the malware/virus infection and power outages.
- Corrupted hard driver.
- Damage system files due to incorrect shutdown.
- Corrupted Hardware.
These are the basic cause of this issue. Now, compare these points with your current situation and identify your specific cause. Now, you just need some hacks to fix the error.
Easy Hacks to Fix the Windows 10 Error Code 0xC000000F
However the reason of this error, you need to try to solve this issue. There are several ways to troubleshoot the error code 0xC000000F. Stick to the steps given below:
Solution 1: Confirm that no Additional Devices are Connected
Before going to implement other methods, first, you need to make sure that there are no other devices plugged in with the system. Hence, you should restart with the minimum number of external drives. This will confirm that none of the external devices that are connected recently is causing the error code 0xC000000F.
It’s better to unplug the DVDs, CDs, USB drives, etc.
buy zoloft online buy zoloft no prescription
This also includes a memory card reader. After that, you need to confirm that all the external drives and USB jump drives or USB keys have been detached from the system. Then, try to boot the system. If the error still occurs, then move on to the methods given below.
Solution 2: Using Startup Repair to Repair BOOTMGR
Startup Repair is a tool of Windows Operating System that can help you to scan the computer for any missing or damaged system files and repair or replace them. It is a programmed diagnosis as well as a repair tool.. To initiate the Startup Repair using the setup disc, you need to perform the steps stated below:
- At first, you have to insert the Windows installation DVD into the CD-ROM drive of the system.
- Then, shut down the computer. Here, you need to confirm that the computer is shut down properly.
- Now, power up the system.
- When the Windows prompt the ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD…’ message, hit any key from the keyboard.
- Choose your preferred language and keyboard layout.
buy aurogra online www.rehabilitace-vrsovice.cz/pear/File/tests/php/aurogra.html no prescription
- Tap on the link that shows ‘Repair your computer.’ You will see this at the bottom-left side of the screen.
- Now, you have to wait for a few seconds until the Startup Repair scans the system for Windows installations. Then, choose your preferred install from the list.
- Then, you will see a list of all available recovery options. Select the option ‘Startup Repair’ from the list.
- The Startup Repair will start to scan your installation for any problems as well as it will try to repair those, if possible.
After that, you need to check whether the error persists or not. If you face the same error, then you need to follow the methods given below.
Solution 3: Restore the BCD Manually
The error code 0xC000000F can also occur because of the missing or damaged BCD. Hence, by rebuilding the BCD, often fix this issue. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, boot the system using the install disc of Windows.
- Select your preferred time zone, language, and keyboard layout.
buy caverta online www.rehabilitace-vrsovice.cz/pear/File/tests/php/caverta.html no prescription
- Tap on the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- Now, choose the Windows installation drive by going to the location ‘C:\.’
- Tap on the Next button.
- When you see the System Recovery Options, click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Now, type ‘bootrec /rebuildbcd’ in the Command Prompt window.
- Then, hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- Now, the program will find the Windows installation as well as prompts if it should join it to the list of the boot. Hit Y from the keyboard.
Now, you should check that the Windows 10 error code 0xC000000F has been gone or not. If the error persists, then you need to follow the methods given below.
Solution 4: Check the Drivers, Data Cables, and BIOS
Disconnect all the HDD data cables that are connected with the device. Then, reconnect them again. Return to the previous drivers as well as BIOS settings of the system if they are changed. Or you can also use the ‘Restore factory settings; option from the Basic Input Output System.
Confirm to note all the current BIOS settings that are selected previously. If the error code 0xC000000F is occurring for the change of the mode of SATA disk controller in the firmware or BIOS, then the solution can be as easy as accessing the BIOS as well as changing the mode of SATA controller.
To perform this, you need to have a glance at the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to restart the system.
- Press the required key to go to the BIOS menu. This key depends on the model and manufacturer of the computer. Usually, you can see the list on the first cover of the monitor. It may be any of the following keys: F12, F10, F8, F2, Del, or Esc.
- If the window displays different keys, then you need to locate the key to launch the ‘BIOS menu’, ‘setup’ or ‘BIOS.’
- Now, try toggle between all the three modes until it boots the window in a proper way.
After that, you need to check that the error is still occurred or not. If you face the same error, then go to the solutions given below.
Solution 5: Check the Disk with CHKDSK Utility
If the hard disk has compromised the file integrity, then it’s better to use the in-built Windows CHKDSK tool to scan the device as well as solve the system errors. To perform this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you have to boot the system with the help of the install disc of Windows.
- Choose your desired time zone, language, and keyboard layout.
- Tap on the ‘Repair your computer’ option.
- Go to the location ‘C:\’ and choose the Windows installation drive.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Open the Command Prompt after appearing the System Recovery Options.
- Then, you need to type ‘chkdsk C: /f’ in the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter key. Here, C indicates the letter of the driver where the Windows is installed.
- After that, restart the system to save the changes.
Now, try to boot the system to check whether the error code 0xC000000F still appears or not. If is not gone, then go to the solution given below.
Solution 6: Start the Computer Using BOOTREC.EXE Utility
This is also a tool of Windows. This solution needs the USB installation disk or Windows DVD. The tool will also fix the corrupted boot files as well as the BCD or Boot Configuration Data which controls the launching of Windows Operating System.
- At first, restart the computer.
- Insert the USB installation disk or the Windows DVD in the specific drive.
- Then, reboot the system again. When it prompts to enter any key, then press any key from the keyboard.
- Choose your preferred time, date, language, currency, and keyboard layout.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Choose the Operating System to be fixed.
- Tap on the ‘Command Prompt’ option by going to the ‘System Recovery’ section.
- Now, type the command ‘bootrec.exe’ in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter to execute the command.
Then, the tool will start to run automatically as well as it will try to repair the BCD before restarting the system.
If you face any problem to perform the above steps, then you proceed with these:
- Restart the system and insert the USB installation disk or the Windows DVD.
- Now, you have to restart the system again.
- Hit R from the keyboard.
- Tap on the option ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Now, type ‘bootrec/FixMbr’ in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter to execute the command.
- Next, type ‘bootrec/FixBoot’ and hit the Enter.
- After that, you have to type the command ‘bootrec/ScanOs’ and press the Enter.
- Type the command ‘bootrec/RebuildBcd’ and hit the Enter.
Now, check whether the error code 0xC000000F is resolved or not. If the error persists, then you have to move on to the methods given below.
Solution 7: Run the SFC or System File Checker
After performing all the methods if you still face the same error, then you should try to run the System File Checker to check if it can fix the error code 0xC000000F. It is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System which can help you to scan the system files and to repair them. To run SFC, you need to perform the steps mentioned below:
- Move the cursor to the bottom-left corner of the screen and click on the Start menu.
- Now, type ‘cmd’ in the search field of the Start menu.
- As a result, it will show the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- Right-click on it.
- Choose the option ‘Run as Administrator’ to run the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Then, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the Command Prompt window.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- Now, you need to wait until the SFC scanning the system for any damaged system file and repair them.
- After completing the repair process, you need to restart the system to save the changes.
Now, check whether the error is resolved or not.
On the Whole
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the easiest ways to fix the error code 0xC000000F. We hope if you implement the above steps in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error. After successfully performing the above methods if you still face any kind of troubles, then you need to connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.