Windows users are commonly getting the error code 0xc004f014 while updating their OS. If this is the code you are also stuck with during the update process, then don’t worry. After a thorough study of this article, you can upgrade yourself by learning the tricks with the help of which you can get rid of it. This article will guide you with the full information on solving the Windows error 0xc004f014. So, check it out with your complete attention.
Many of the system users are relying on Windows 7. However, after a certain point of time, if you think to upgrade your OS to the latest version. And you seem to suddenly get the error 0xc004f014 during the Windows upgrading task, then it will surely get on your nerves. In such a case, you may get disturbed and searching for the reasons for what you are getting the error and the solutions for it as well. If this is the case, then study this article thoroughly.
What Causes Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014?
After an investigation on error 0xc004f014, these below are the results concluded by the experts which are causing the problem during the Windows update process:
- Product Key is not identified by Windows: If you are going for the Windows updating process and Microsoft is not able to identify your product key. Then, this will be the reason for which you will get the error 0xc004f014. In such a case, you need to go through a procedure which you can learn from the solution part of this article. So, it is advised to study further to this article to learn the complete methods for solving the Windows activation error 0xc004f014.
- Unpredictable problems during the Windows updating process: In rare cases, your computer may suffer from sudden power-cuts while the system upgrading process. If this is the case, then you will be stuck with the error code 0xc004f014. And if you a good learner, then the steps which you need to forward with to fix the glitch is stated below in the solution portion of this article.
No matter whatever be the reason for which you are stuck with the code 0xc004f014 on Windows, you can rely on the methods as below to fix it.
Methods to Solve Windows Error Code 0xc004f014
So, now you are at your desired portion of this article from where you will get to learn the appropriate methods of solving the error code 0xc004f014. So, without being upset, proceed with the methods one by one as below:
Method 1: Solve Error 0xc004f014 Utilizing slui 4
This is the first method which you can proceed with to fix the error code 0xc004f014. The steps to allow to begin this method are quite simple and are as follows:
Utilize the Run Bar Window
- First of all, after using both the Windows and the letter R key at the same time, look at the below left-hand corner on the screen. On this place, you will get the Run window open.
- Now, on the Run bar type “slui 4”, without using quotations. And also remember to left a space between slui and the numerical value 4.
- After that, click on OK or hit the Enter key. This will open up a window, where you will get a space for setting the region you are residing in. As you set it and proceed further, you will get two different options as below.
- Use my modem to connect directly to the activation service
- Use the automated phone system
Make a Phone Call using the Number which you see on the Screen
- Now, from these above-said options, it is better to select the latter one that is “Use the automated phone system”. However, you can also select the former one as well, to connect to the activation service directly via modem. The choice of the option totally depends on you.
- If you select the “Use the automated phone system” option, then you will get a window on the screen, where a phone number is written.
- Make a call to this on-screen number. Then, from the other side, they will ask you to provide your Installation ID. After you provide the proper Installation ID to the other side, they will respond back with the Windows activation code.
- Now, to confirm the code, read it loud while holding the phone call. And it is also better to write it down instantly in the appropriate place which you find on the screen.
- After that, click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to end this method.
- Then, restart your computer and check if the error gets fixed.
Method 2: Fix Error 0xc004f014 using Default Product Key
This is one of the effective ways to fix the activation error 0xc004f014. So, after following these above steps if you are not able to resolve it, then try this method as well. The steps to follow to perform this method are more time-consuming. So, arrange enough time in your hand before proceeding with it.
Create a Text File and Disable the Network Connections
- Create a text file and on which enter the generic registration key for Windows 10 Pro at first. After that, add the new Windows 10 Pro registration key on it as well.
- Note: “VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T” is the generic product key for Windows 10 Pro.
- Next, take the mouse pointer on the Windows icon, which is at the bottom left corner and then right-click on it.
- After that, from this generated window, select the “Network Connections” option.
- Then as the Network Connections section window gets open, search your enabled network connection at first. And then right-click on it and select the Disable option.
- Alternatively, go to the Wireless connections, depending upon the network you are using. After that, right-click on the adapter and select the Disable option.
All these tasks are to disable the internet connection on your system.
Copy the Generic Registration Key and Paste it on its Appropriate Location to Start Windows Upgrade
- Next, reboot your computer to proceed with the further steps as below.
- Now, open the previously made text file and select only the generic registration key text which is present on it. And then, press both the Ctrl and the letter C key at the same time to copy it.
- After that, take the mouse pointer on to the four-flag symboled Windows icon and then select the “System” option.
- Then, under this System opening window, you will get an option as “Change Product Key”, click on it. After that, as you see that the Product key place is active, paste the previously copied generic registration key over here. And for this, this time you need to tap both the Ctrl and the letter V key at the same time.
- Next, click on the “Start Upgrade” button, which you will see at the lower right-hand corner, to proceed with.
- Then, you will find that your system will boot several times during the upgrading process. It is recommended not to create disturbances during the upgrade.
Log In to Windows> Go to System> > Enable Network Connections
- Next, log in to your device and right-click on the Windows logo from the bottom left-hand corner. And tap on “System” from the available options.
- Again open the previously created text file. And this time select the new Windows 10 Pro registration key from it and press both the Ctrl and the letter C key at the same time for the copying purpose.
- And then, enable the Network connection for your device. For this, again navigate to the “Network Connections” section as you have done it previously. But this time you need to select the Enable option after right-clicking on the network adapter.
Paste New Windows 10 Pro registration key in Appropriate Location to Complete this Method
- Now, under the System window, again navigate to the “Change Product Key” button and click on it.
- Next, paste the new product key details on its appropriate box, by the use of the Ctrl and the letter V key at the same time. But before pressing the Ctrl and the letter V key, you need to click on the box, to activate.
- And then, click on Next, to complete the method.
Hopefully, after you are done with this method, you will get the error fixed. And by chance, if still, the error exists, then you can try this below method as well having positive thoughts in your mind.
Method 3: Utilize Windows Activation Troubleshooter to Resolve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014
Fail with these above two methods in solving the error code 0xc004f014. If this is a fact, do not worry, keep hope and try these further methods which will be able to resolve the error. So, check it out. Many of the users get a positive result in solving the glitch:
- First of all, take the cursor on to the Windows icon, and right-click on it.
- Then, from all these available options click on Settings.
- Next, as the settings window gets open, search for the “Update & Security” option, which is most probably the last one in this window. And click on it.
- After that, from the left-hand side panel click on Activation. In case, if your system is not properly activated, then at the right-hand portion of the window you will get the “Troubleshoot” button, click on it to continue.
- Now, you will see that the Windows Troubleshooting is running on the system, let it gets completed without interruption. After that, as the troubleshoot ends, check these identified causes of the error. And then accordingly proceed with the solutions to get rid of the issue.
All these are the workarounds with the application of which you can solve the error 0xc004f014. So, it is better not to get worried when you are visiting the error message and in place, proceed with the methods as explained above.