Quick Heal is security software meant for a plethora of Operating Systems. Due to its useful features and services like ‘External Drives & Devices’, ‘Scan’, ‘PC Tuner’, etc, this software has gathered a lot of attention. Although this application has many features, even then you might sometimes get into some problems. One problem, about which we will discuss in this article specifically is the Quick Heal update error 1002.
There are many reasons as to why you might encounter this problem. Some of the usual causes are when the internet connectivity is slow if the computer has accumulated a lot of unnecessary files, then you can encounter this error. Further, if there is malware or virus present within the system and if the drivers are not up to date, then this glitch can show up. Moreover, if some system files are corrupted along with some component of Quick Heal itself, then there is a chance for you to encounter this problem.
Simple Solutions to Resolve Quick Heal Update Error 1002
In this section of the article, there will be various methods that help you to eliminate the Quick Heal update error 1002 in a very easy and simple manner.
Perform a Windows Update
When the Windows Operating System is obsolete, then because of the incompatibility between the OS and Quick Heal, this error can occur. So, the solution to rectify this issue is to do an update of Windows. For that, follow the steps below. Here, in this point, the procedure to update the Windows 10 OS will be specifically provided.
- First, press the combination of ‘Windows + I’ keys altogether. This will open a window that has the name ‘Windows Settings’.
- Within this window, you will get a variety of specific settings for the Windows 10 OS in a list. From that list, locate and choose the category ‘Update & Security’.
- This will launch a new page inside this window only, go to the left pane and choose the option ‘Windows Update’.
- Now, go to the right pane of that page, which has a similar name as the option you chose in the previous step. Next, choose the button ‘Check for updates’.
- As soon as you tap on the button mentioned above, then the OS will automatically begin to look for available updates. If it finds any updates, then those will be presented on a list and the download will start instantly.
- When the download of every update module is over, then at the bottom of the list you will get a ‘Reboot now’ button. Click on that button to start the installation of all the update modules during the next boot process.
- Once the installation reaches 100% then, it means the update of the Windows OS is complete and next you will see the error has been fixed.
Delete Unnecessary Files from the Computer
When you surf the internet via a web browser, then every time some junk files and folders gets accumulated within the storage space. Now, if those junk files are not at all removed from the system hard drive, then due to some kind of corruption and no storage space available, you can get the Quick Heal update error 1002. In order to get rid of this issue, the feasible solution is to delete all the unnecessary files from the computer. For that to happen, follow the steps beneath.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo within the taskbar, which opens up a ‘Menu’.
- From that ‘Menu’, locate and then choose the option ‘Run’. This will launch a new dialogue box, with a similar name as the option chosen on the last line.
- Within the Run dialogue box, go to the right side of the label ‘Open:’ and then on the text box type “c:\windows\SYSTEM32\cleanmgr.exe X”. After that, tap on the ‘Enter’ button. Here, the command on the text box ‘X’ is the drive letter of the disk that you wish to clean.
- Now, a new window will come up, that has a name ‘Disk Cleanup for (C:)’. In this window, there is a list full of all the folders and files that can be removed to increase the storage space.
- From the list choose the files like ‘Temporary Internet Files’, ‘Delivery Optimization Files’, ‘DirectX Shader Cache’, ‘System created Windows Error Reporting Files’, ‘Temporary Files’ and ‘Thumbnails’. These files contain junk files only, but you can also select some other files.
- To remove all those files from the system, click on the ‘OK’ button. After that wait for the removal process to complete.
- Finally, reboot the machine and check if this error still comes back or not.
Procedure to Update the Driver of any Devices
Sometimes, you can encounter this error, if the device drivers are obsolete. Thus, to fix Quick Heal update error 1002, the easiest answer for you is to update the driver software of all the devices installed on the computer. To do it, follow the lines underneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Cortana’ logo, to open the ‘Windows Search’ area.
- Then, within that space write the following text “device manager”. After that, from the result of this search, select the option ‘Device Manager’.
- This will launch a new window called ‘Device Manager’. Within it, you get to view a list full of all the devices and their driver software which are installed on the computer.
- Now, from that list, double-click on the first device and reveal its driver software. Next, from the expanded list, choose and right-click on a driver. After that, choose the option ‘Update driver’ from the popup menu that comes up.
- A new window comes up with two links. Out of those two, select the first one that says ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- At this moment the OS will automatically start to look for any available updates from the internet. If it finds any updates, then that will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Repeat the fourth, fifth and sixth steps of this point for all the other devices and update their drivers.
- Once all the device driver update is complete, just reboot the machine and then check if while updating the Quick Heal application, you are still getting this error or not.
Execute a Full System Scan Using Quick Heal Software
If the computer has some malicious file present that has not been addressed correctly, then that program can cause this error. Therefore, the only option to rectify this problem and remove the malicious code is to execute a full scan of the computer. In order to perform that follow the steps underneath.
- First, navigate to the right side of the taskbar, and then tap on the Up arrow just on the left of the battery. This will launch the system tray, where locate the ‘Quick Heal’ icon.
- After that, right-click on that icon, and then from the popup menu that comes up, select the option ‘Open Quick Heal Total Security’. This will launch a new window, that has the same name as an option on the last line.
- Now, on this window, move to the bottom then, locate and choose the ‘Scan’ option beside the ‘PCTuner’. This will open a popup menu with several scanning options.
- Out of those, choose the option ‘Full System Scan’. As soon as you click on this option, the application will begin to scan the full system on the next page. Wait for the scan process to get over.
- During this process, if the software finds some malicious code, then it will automatically correct that file or folder.
- When the procedure of scanning is over, then close the application. After that, once again launch the ‘Quick Heal’ software and attempt to perform an update and see if this error comes back.
Execution Process of the System File Checker Utility
The Quick Heal update error 1002 can popup during an ongoing update process of this software, because of some corrupt system files within the computer. Therefore the best solution is to use the ‘System File Checker or SFC’ tool. This tool scans for any corrupt system files present in the computer and replaces them with the correct ones. For that to happen, follow these steps presented beneath.
- Go to the third method in this section and follow the initial step to open the search area.
- After that, in this search area, type the text “command prompt”. Then, from the output of that search, locate the option ‘Command Prompt’ and right-click on it.
- After that, select the option ‘Run as Administrator’ from the popup menu that shows up. This will launch a new window called ‘Command Prompt’, that has a black background with white text in it.
- Within this window, type in the following command – “sfc /scannow” and then, press on the ‘Enter’ key to execute it. This command scans all the system files for any corruption, and if the SFC tool finds any, then it will replace that file with the cached copy.
- The execution of this command takes quite some time to complete, so be patient.
- Once the execution is over, then close the ‘Command Prompt’ window and restart the computer.
- At last, when the machine boots up, then open the ‘Quick Heal’ application and initiate to update it. Now, see if this issue reappears or not.
Perform a System Restore
If none of the methods helps to fix Quick Heal update error 1002, then the only solution left is to do a system restore of Windows 10 OS. Follow the lines below to rectify this error.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously. This opens a dialogue box, that has a name ‘Run’.
- Now, within the dialogue box beside the label ‘Open:’ type a command “control panel” on the text box, and then hit the button ‘OK’.
- This will open a new window called ‘Control Panel’. Next, from the list of settings locate, and then choose a category ‘System and Security’.
- A new page within this window comes up, from it find and tap on the link ‘System’. This will further open another page, where choose the link ‘System Protection’.
- At this moment a new dialogue box ‘System Properties’’ will come up with the ‘System Protection’ tab already chosen. Under this tab, choose the button ‘System Restore…’.
- After that, a new window ‘System Restore’ will pop up. There, move to the bottom of it and choose the ‘Next’ button. On the page that comes next, you will see a list with all the restore points.
- From that list, locate and choose a restore point before this error occurred within the ‘Quick Heal’ software. If the list is small and you cannot find a correct restore point, then choose the option ‘Show more restore points’.
- When a restore point is selected, then to see which applications can get some problems after the system restore, choose the button ‘Scan for affected programs’. Now, choose the button ‘Next’.
- On the final page within this window, inspect the ‘Time:’, ‘Description:’ and ‘Drives:’ of the restore point. To confirm the ‘System Restore’ process, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- Finally, a confirmation box will appear that says ‘Once started, System Restore cannot be interrupted. Do you want to continue?’. Tap on the ‘Yes’ button to eliminate all the odds.
Install the Quick Heal Total Security Once Again
If the System Restore procedure, presented in the previous section, unable to get rid of this issue, this hack will definitely help you. Now, the last resort left is to uninstall and then install the application, Quick Heal. In the following sentences, you will get the procedures to reinstall the security software.
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo present within the taskbar. This launches a popup ‘Menu’. Now, from that ‘Menu’, find and then choose the option ‘Settings’.
- This will open a new window called ‘Windows Settings’. Within this window, there are categories of settings, specific for the Windows 10 Operating System which a user can change.
- From the list of settings categories, present within this window, locate and tap on the ‘Apps’. This opens up a new page within this window with a heading ‘Apps & features, where go to the right side. Then, select the link ‘Programs and Features’, under the sub-heading ‘Related settings’.
- This page is part of the ‘Control Panel’ window, where all the programs installed within the computer are on a list.
- Now, from that list, locate the application ‘Quick Heal Total Security’ and click on it. Then, from the popup menu that shows up, choose the option ‘Uninstall/Change’. When a ‘User Account Control’ prompt comes up, then select ‘Yes’.
- Next, the uninstaller module of this application will come up. Here, follow all the information that comes on the module screen and accordingly ‘Uninstall’ the software. Wait for the removal process to complete.
- Once the uninstallation is over, reboot the machine to incorporate the changes made.
- After the machine boots up, take the installation CD of this application. Next, follow all the instructions on the user manual and install it to the computer.
The easy way to resolve the Quick Heal update error 1002 is by following the points on the above sections carefully. Now, even after following all the steps in the previous section, if you still cannot resolve this issue, then do not worry at all. Just, provide some details of the issue that you have encountered on the comment section below this page.