Quickbooks error 1612 is an update error that is encountered by QuickBook users while trying to update the Quickbook software.
On getting this error, the update process stops suddenly and an error message pop-ups on the screen stating “Error 1612. The update installer is not accessible.”
Here, you will get to know all the possible solutions that can help you to troubleshoot this particular error code instantly.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1612?
Below, we are going to list some of the common reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1612.
- The corrupted or faulty installation process of the QuickBooks program.
- Malware infection or virus attack.
- An accidental shutdown of the computer.
- QuickBooks company files are missing or corrupted.
- Accidental deletion of some required files.
- Damaged system components.
After knowing the causes let’s focus on the troubleshooting steps that are mentioned in the next section.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1612?
Here are a few solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1612 on your PC.
Solution 1 – Reset the Patch
Resetting the patch can fix this issue that you have found on your computer. Go through these steps:
- If the QuickBooks program does not work properly, redownload the patch.
- Go to the Share Download Folder and turn it on and off one by one.
- To turn off the folder, click on the OFF and then the Save button.
- After that, click on the ON and then click on the Save option to turn it on.
- After that, repeat the aforesaid steps 1 to 3 times. If the error code persists, then you need to follow another solution which is mentioned below.
Solution 2 – Repair the QuickBooks Software
This error code due to the corrupted QuickBooks company file. So, you need to repair this software by following the steps hereunder:
- Click the Start button and select the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs and Features window, find the QuickBooks software, select it. After that, click on the Repair button to start the repair process.
- Once the repair process is done, restart the system and then try to update the QuickBooks software.
Solution 3 – Scan QuickBooks with the System File Checker
Using the System File Checker tool, you can fix the QuickBooks error 1612. To know more about it follow the directions given below:
- Press the Win and X keys together to launch the WinX Menu list and choose the Command Prompt.
- On the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow and then hit the Enter button.
- It will take some time to finish the scanning process.
- Once the process is complete, restart your PC and then check if the error still occurs or not.
Solution 4 – Uninstall the Error 1612 Related Program
Another effective solution by which you can eliminate this error code is to uninstall the error 1612 related program.
If the .msi file (Windows installer database file) is missing, then you might come across this error on your computer. So, you can remove the Windows installer error 1612 related program.
- Launch the Control Panel window.
- Double-click on the Programs and Features section.
- Scroll down the page until you find the Windows Installer Error 1612 related program and select it.
- After that, you will see the Uninstall button, click on it to start the removal process.
- After finishing the uninstallation process, reboot your PC and then check if the error is solved or not.
Solution 5 – Remove the QuickBook Software and Install it Again
Sometimes, reinstalling the Quickbook software can remove this update error from the computer. So, give it a try as discussed below:
- First of all, go to the Control Panel window.
- Select the Programs and Features section.
- When the Programs and Features window opens, choose the QuickBooks software from the list and then select the Uninstall option.
- Once the process is done, reboot the system.
- Visit the QuickBooks official website and find the latest version of the QuickBooks software.
- Download the latest version of this software and then install it correctly.
- Once the installation process completes, reboot your device and then check if the problem gets solved or not.
Solution 6 – Remove the Third-Party Antivirus Software
Sometimes, the security software can also block the QuickBooks software from updating. So, you can remove it at the earliest. Here are some that you can follow:
- First of all, click on the Start button and access the Settings window.
- Navigate to the Apps section and select the Apps & Features tab.
- Scroll down the window and find the third-party security software that you are using. Select it and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Once the uninstallation process finishes, restart your Windows computer and then try yo update the QuickBooks software.
The solutions shared above are common and easy to follow to solve the QuickBooks error 1612 on the system. After performing these steps, you will be able to fix this error code on your PC.