Quickbooks error code 80070057 arises when users do not have the proper authorization to remove files from a folder. This error indicates that the user does not have enough rights to read, write, create, or delete the company file.
This error arises when your QuickBooks installation is damaged. Using the third-party firewall can also lead to error code 80070057 QuickBooks.
Without having QuickBooks if you open a portable file, then this error occurs. If you work on a file located on the USB flash drive, then you might come across the Quickbook error.
Solution for Quickbooks Error Code 80070057
Below we have discussed some procedures that will help you to solve this error.
Explanation 1: Verify the Company File and Extension
It involves the following steps.
Check the Company File Name Extension
Here are some steps that you need to follow to justify the company file name extension.
- At first, right-click on the company file and select the Properties option.
- Then, click on the QuickBooks tab.
- Go to the file Filename field and note the file extension. Also, note the QuickBooks version in the last opened file.
- Now, you need to click the OK button.
Adjust The Extension
For changing the extension you need to follow the steps properly.
- At first, create a new folder. Then, copy the Company file and paste that into the new folder.
- Now, right-click on the new folder and rename it. After that, change the file to .qbm.
- Open the QuickBooks Desk to restore the Portable. Thereafter, rename the extension to .qbb.
- After that, open the QB desktop and restore the Backup.
- If you find difficulties to open the file, then rename the extension to .qbx. Finally, open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the Company File to Flash Drive
In flash drive copy the company file and then paste it to another folder. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- Ope the Windows Explorer with the help of the opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, right-click on the File option and select the New Folder.
- Thereafter, go to the Flash Drive and copy the Company File.QBW. Then, paste that in a new folder.
- In the end, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
Explanation 2: Convert Files from Mac to Windows
Sometimes you might convert files from Mac to Windows with the help of the Back-up option. For that, you need to go to the Windows Function option. This will help you to convert QB from Mac to Windows.
There are some quick resolutions for this error.
- Sometimes users try to open the file with the help of a flash drive. For that, copy the file from the hard-drive and then, open the file to fix this error.
- We also find that during the QuickBooks installation process some error occurs. For that, re-download the program and then, open the file.
- Many users use the double click to open any company file. You should not do this instead, you need to open all the files within the application.