Quickbooks is a software which basically deals with the management of a small business. You can track your transactions, daily sales, etc by using this particular software. Even it helps in managing the payroll of your small business. It is very common that you may encounter some errors while using QuickBooks.
There are a variety of errors available which are named as Quickbooks unrecoverable error. These are also known as ‘critical application fault’ when some errors occur during saving or printing any transaction. You can fix those errors. Just go through the article.
What are the Common Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error Codes?
There are plenty of common Quickbooks unrecoverable error codes. The codes change when the type of error changes. Some of the unrecoverable error codes are:
- 02457 79428
- 00000 14775
- 00551 46274
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 20103 33203
- 00000 15204
You might have understood the format of the error codes. The format is very simple: 5 digits space 5 digits. This list doesn’t have all the Quickbooks unrecoverable error codes. You may encounter other error codes different from those that are listed in the list.
When Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error Codes Appear?
Many users of Quickbooks have reported that there are numerous situations when they have to face error codes. You can check the following list of inconveniences that occurred in Quickbooks. If any of the situations match with your experience, then you have to fix Quickbooks unrecoverable error codes.
- While trying to open any company file
- Attempting to close any company file
- While closing any window of QuickBooks company
- Trying to back up
- While trying to create a company file
- Making any portable file
- Loading any payroll update
- Saving any transaction
- Printing any transaction
- Sending payroll
- While you are trying to use the previous company feature
So you can expect the error codes in the above-mentioned situations. Now, let’s see what you can do to troubleshoot the problem.
How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Codes?
You can easily solve the unrecoverable errors by following the methods listed in the following section. These methods are not universal but many users got benefitted from the methods discussed here. Let’s try them one by one.
Fix 1: When a Regular User is Suffering
If you find out that a regular user is suffering from the error codes, then you should opt for this fix. You have to make a new user ID in the company file. Here’s how you can achieve it.
- Go to the Company menu. Then navigate to Set up Users and Passwords. Next, go to the option of Set up Users: Enterprise Users. Next, again go to Company Menu and navigate to Users>Set Up Users and Roles.
- Choose Add User. Enter the username and password. Opt for Next. please don’t use the damaged username here.
- Customize the user profile as needed. Click on Finish to complete.
- Now, head towards the File menu. Choose Close Company/Logoff.
Now, you need to enter the Company file as the new user using the new username and password. Check whether the error persists.
Fix 2: When the Admin Username is Damaged
If any admin is suffering through numerous Quickbooks unrecoverable error codes, then you have to go through this method. The mechanism of this method is somewhat different from the user one.
- You have to search for QuickBooks File Doctor on the default browser on your system.
- Download the folder and run to resolve the error at the admin level.
You just need to follow the on-screen instructions to overcome the errors.
Fix 3: Suppress Quickbooks Desktop
It’s irritating when you can’t manage your sales or anything related to your business and that too just because of this minor error in the Quickbooks. Try this hack if it helps you to eradicate the error.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key from the keyboard. While holding the key, double-click on the icon of Quickbooks. You have to hold the Ctrl key until you can notice the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- Select the preferred company file from the ‘No Company File’ window. Now, press and hold the Alt key and select the Open icon.
- If it redirects you to the Login screen, then release the Alt key. Fill in the login page with valid credentials. If it doesn’t redirect you to the Login page, then don’t release the Alt key.
- Again, press and hold the Alt key. Then choose the OK option. Don’t release the key unless the file opens.
Now check if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Sign in to Windows using a New Account
The fix may sound silly but many users have claimed that they have overcome the errors on QuickBooks by applying this fix. You have to do nothing but sign in to Windows via a new user account to open QuickBooks.
Here’s how you can achieve the fix.
For Windows 8/7
The method of creating new user accounts varies from version to version of Windows. Here we are discussing how to create a new user account on Windows 8 or 7.
- Press and hold Win+R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Fill in with “Control Panel” and then press Enter.
- Now, stay in the User Accounts tab. Then proceed to Manage Another Account tab.
- Choose the ‘Create new account’ tab. Next, enter the name of the new user account.
- Hit the administrator option with a click and then opt for ‘Create Account’.
And here you go with a new username and user account. Now, try to login to Quickbooks after signing in to the new user account in Windows.
For Windows 8.1
The mechanism of creating a new user account in Windows 8.1 differs from Windows 8. If you have Windows 8.1 as the operating system on your computer, then you should opt for this method.
- Press and hold Win+R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type down “Control Panel” and click on the Ok button.
- Then navigate to the following path of options: User Accounts> Manage Another Account> Other Accounts> Add an Account.
- Then choose ‘Sign in without a Microsoft account(Not advised)’. Next, select the Local Account tab.
- Fill in all the needed credentials to create an account. Next, go to the Next option.
- This will take you back to the Manage Other Accounts window. Opt for the Edit option.
- Choose the Administrator option from the drop-down menu. Then choose the OK option.
Now, you can sign in to your Windows 8.1 and launch QuickBooks. Check if the errors persist.
For Windows 10
If you are a Windows 10 user, then you can make a new user account to log in to Quickbooks and resolve the error.
- Click on the Start menu. Then follow the path: Settings>Accounts> Family and other users.
- Opt for ‘Add someone else to this computer’ under the Others Users tab.
- Select ‘I do not have this person’s sign-in info’ and ‘Add a user without Microsoft account’, consecutively.
- Fill in all the credentials necessary for sign up. Click on Finish.
- Click on the new account and opt for the account Type tab.
- Choose the Administrator option and then click on OK.
Now, similarly, try to login to QuickBooks using the new account on Windows.
Hopefully, the QuickBooks unrecoverable errors disappear from your system. If not, then you can post them in the comment section below. Or else you can take assistance from a professional.