0xc00007b error appears with an error message stating “The application was unable to start correctly” when you try to open any particular application on your Windows system. The main reason behind its occurrence is the incompatibility of the application and the Windows system used by the particular user.
Several times, 64-bit system users use a 32-bit application, which in return results in the error message with the error code. However, no matter what, there are numerous ways to get rid of this situation easily.
How to Fix The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc00007b) Error Message On Your System?
Try to restart your system first and check if the error message disappears. If it persists, you can try following other solutions listed below and check which one works for you. Here we have mentioned some of the effective solutions.
Fix 1: Run the Application as an Administrator
First of all, try running the problematic application as an administrator and check whether the problem resolves or not. To perform this fix, you need to follow the steps provided below.
- Navigate to the root folder of the application that is generating the error message. Right-click on the application and go to Properties from the drop-down.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and then Privilege Level. Click on “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Again, click on Apply>Ok. Run the application and check if the error message disappears or not.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Application
If the problem still persists and the application generates the same error message on opening then maybe its time to reinstall it. Delete the application and reinstall the latest version from its official website.
Once done, re-run the application and check if the problem resolves. If it does not, then move on to the next fix where we will reinstalling the .NET framework.
Fix 3: Install Microsoft .Net Framework Again
Other than that, install the Microsft .Net Framework again and check if that resolves the problem or not. You can perform this fix by following the steps provided below.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to invoke the Run window and type “control” inside it. Click the Ok button.
- Go to Control Panel and then click on Programs and Features. Click on the files starting with Microsoft.NET and uninstall them one by one by following the on-screen instructions.
- Reach the official website of Microsoft .NET Framework to download the same and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Fix 4: Run CHKDSK
There are also chances of facing such issues due to hard drive problems in your system. Hence try to use the command prompt to implement the chkdsk command and see if the problem resolves or not. Here is how you can do so easily.
- Go to Start and type cmd within the search bar to launch the Command Prompt from the search result.
- Right-click on it and click on Run as administrator. Type “chkdsk c:f/r” inside it, hit Enter and see if the problem resolves or not.
Fix 5: Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages Again
As we all know, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages is a useful entity to run more than one application on your system. Any corruption within its files can generate this error and thus it is recommended to reinstall it by following the steps provided below.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to start the Run window, type control and click the Ok button.
- In the Control Panel window, click on Program and Features.
Once you see the list, make sure to uninstall the items that have “Microsoft Visual C++ 2*** Redistributable“ within it.
- Navigate to the official website of Microsoft and download it again. Check if the issue got resolved or not.
Fix 6: Run an SFC Scan
This problem can also occur if there are any corrupted files in your system. To get rid of such issues, try running an sfc scan by following the steps provided below.
- Go to Start and type cmd within the search bar.
- Once the search result appears, click on Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
- Enter the Password. After that, within the command prompt, type the command given below and hit Enter after that.
- Doing so should remove the corrupted system files from the system and resolve the issue for you.
Fix 7: Perform a Windows Update
Lastly, you can try performing a Windows update and check if the issue resolves or not. This is because an outdated Windows version can generate this error message as well. Hence, implement the steps provided below.
- Go to Start>Settings>Update & Security Settings.
- Within the Settings window, click on Check for updates.
- If Windows will have an available update, it will perform the update for you. However, if it shows that the system is up to date then it means that your system is updated to the newer version already.
Besides, if you have any third party tool recently downloaded on your system, after which you are meeting this error, then make sure to disable it and check if the error resolves. This is because many times any third party software application can cause conflict with Windows and result in this error message.
So these were some of the methods by which you should be able to resolve the error message “The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b” without any difficulty.