The error ‘Ethernet unidentified network’ often appears when there are problems in the IP configuration or if the network settings are set incorrectly. When this issue arises, then users become unable to use the internet on their computer even after having a stable internet connection. A yellow exclamation mark also appears on the network icon of the taskbar that delivers the message ‘No network access.’
Nowadays, most of us use the internet on a daily basis. But, if there are any problems related to the internet and internet access is denied, then it’s really a big mess for the users. So, if you are also in the same condition and tried searching for the solutions to this issue, then you have arrived at the right place. Here in this article, we are going to present some amazing tips and tricks which can help you to fix this issue in no time. Hence, you are advised to have a glance at the solutions given below.
Causes Behind the Error Ethernet Unidentified Network
Before going to the hacks, it is essential to know the probable cause behind this issue. It also becomes easy to solve an error when you know the actual cause behind it. There are several reasons behind this error. Based on the different scenarios, the factors that are responsible for this issue can alter. But still, this error mostly occurs due to the following factors:
Wrong IP configuration: When you connect the system with a network, an address is assigned to the system. That is named by IP address. If the IP address configuration is wrong, then it can create this issue.
buy amoxil online http://www.tvaxbiomedical.com/pdf/releases/new/amoxil.html no prescription
Network settings: Due to the wrong settings of the network, you can face this issue.
Third-party software: We often use third-party apps to protect our computer from any unwanted antivirus or malware. It also might be the reason behind this error.
Network drivers: The drivers installed on the system for the network card can also be the cause behind this error.
Now, you are aware of the probable causes behind this issue. Match the above points with your current situation and identify the specific reason for it. After knowing the actual reasons, you just need some hacks to fix this issue.
Fix Ethernet doesn’t have a Valid IP Configuration Unidentified Network
The fixes for the given error can vary depending on the Windows OS version you are working on. However, we have picked some of the most useful ones which will definitely get back the internet connection. However, before going to implement the solutions, you need to make sure that you have turned off the Airplane mode. Now, have a glance at the fixes given below:
Method 1: Run the Network Troubleshooter
When you are trying to fix any network problem, then before performing any technical procedure you should try to run the Network Troubleshooter first. Network Troubleshooter is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System that helps the users to find out the problem as well as solve it. To run this utility, you need to perform the steps given below.
- At first, you have to hit the I and Windows Key both at the same time from the keyboard to launch the Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Network and Internet’ section.
- Now, tap on the ‘Network troubleshooter’ option to run the troubleshooter.
- Then, you have to wait for a few seconds until the process completes.
- After that, you have to restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, try to connect to the internet to check whether the issue is resolved or not. If you see that the error persists, then move on to the next solution.
Method 2: Renew the IP Address of the Server
A wrong IP configuration can also be the reason for the error ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network.’ In such a situation, you have to release the current IP address and then renew it. To renew the IP address, you should have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- At first, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and tap on the Start menu.
- Then, you have to type ‘command prompt’ in the Search bar.
- Right-click on the ‘Command Prompt’ option showing as the search result.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list to open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Now, type the commands given below. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard after each command to run them.
1st: ipconfig /release
2nd: ipconfig /renew
3rd: netsh winsock reset
4th: netsh int ip reset
5th: ipconfig /flushdns
6th: ipconfig /registerdns
7th: netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
8th: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
9th: netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
10th: netsh int tcp show global
After that, you should try to remove the DNS to check if it has an impact. Here’s how to perform this:
- Type the command ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ on the command line.
- Execute the command by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After completing this procedure, you need to exit from the Command Prompt window.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
After that, you have to try to connect to the internet and check whether the issue is fixed or not. If you see that the error persists, then perform the next solution.
Procedure 3: Reset IP/TCP
You can also fix the ‘Ethernet unidentified network’ error by resetting the TCP settings of the system. TCP is a type of media that defines how a system transfer the data to other systems by working with the IP settings. Here are the steps to reset the IP/TCP:
- First, go to the Start menu.
- Open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Then, you have to type the commands given below. Don’t forget to hit the Enter key to run the commands.
1st: netsh winsock reset
2nd: netsh int ip reset
- Exit from the Command Prompt Window.
- Restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, try to connect the internet connection to check whether the issue persists or not.
buy elavil online http://www.tvaxbiomedical.com/pdf/releases/new/elavil.html no prescription
If the error still appears, then go to further procedures.
Procedure 4: Disable the Antivirus Software
Most of the time, the antivirus software conflicts with the network connection as well as results in the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network’ issue. It is understood that the antivirus program is essential for the computer. But to fix this error, you should try to deactivate the antivirus program at least for a few minutes. Move the cursor to the system tray of the taskbar. Then, right-click on the antivirus icon and choose the ‘Disable’ option from the list. After disabling the antivirus program, you should try to connect to the internet to check if you can connect. You can also disable the VPN software and try to connect again. But, if you are still not able to connect the internet, then enable the antivirus program again and move on to further methods.
Procedure 5: Disable the Windows Firewall
The Windows Defender Firewall is an in-built utility of Windows OS that filters and manages the network transmissions. Sometimes, the security app can be the main reason behind the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network’ issue. So, you need to disable it and check if that resolves the problem. To perform this, you should follow the steps given below.
- At first, invoke the Settings by pressing the I and Windows key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Then, look for the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ option and then tap on the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ option.
- Look at the left-hand side, you have to tap on the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ option.
- Now, you have to tick ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall’ box under the settings.
- Exit from the current window and restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, you need to check if the error persists or not. If the error is still unresolved, then perform the solutions discussed below.
Procedure 6: Update the Network Adapter Driver
Another process of fixing the ‘Ethernet unidentified network windows 10’ error is to update the network adapter driver. Sometimes, the drivers might be malfunctioning and it can result in the issue. Hence, you need to to update the driver of the network adapter. To perform this, you should stick to the steps as follows:
- Hit the X and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard and invoke the Device Manager.
- Now, you have to expand the list of the Network adapters.
- Then, navigate to the network adapter and right-click on it. Choose the ‘Update driver’ option from the list.
- Tap on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ from the next window.
- Now, you have to wait for a few seconds until the process completes. Restart the system to save the changes.
After that, you have to check whether the issue is still showing or not. If you see that the error persists, then you should follow the next methods.
Procedure 7: Reinstall the Network Adapter Driver
Sometimes, the system doesn’t get an update for the driver because of this error. In such a situation, you have to uninstall the Network adapter driver and try to reinstall them. To perform this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, you have to open the Device Manager.
- Now, you should expand the list of the Network adapters.
- Then, right-click on the network adapter and choose the ‘Uninstall device’ option from the list.
- When the reinstallation process completes, you have to reboot the computer so that the driver can be reinstalled properly.
Now, you have to check if the issue is resolved or not. If you see that the error still appears, then perform the methods given below.
Procedure 8: Change DNS Server
Changing the DNS server is also a feasible means of fixing the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network’ issue. To change the DNS server, you should perform the steps provided below.
- At first, you have to hit the Windows key and X simultaneously from the keyboard. Or if you prefer, you can also move the cursor to the Start menu and right-click on it.
- Tap on the ‘Network Connections’ option.
- Now, go to the Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet button and right-click on it. Choose ‘Properties’ from the list. Now, Windows will ask for the administrator credentials.
- Click twice on the Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Choose the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option and set them. But, the alternate and preferred DNS server address need to match the Google Public DNS as follows:
Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
After that, you have to try to connect to the internet to check if the issue has been fixed or not. If the error persists, then go to the next solution.
Procedure 9: Restart the Router and Modem
Sometimes, the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network’ issue is also fixed by restarting the modem or router. To restart the modem router, you need to perform the steps as follows:
- Turn off both the router and modem keeping them connected physically.
- Turn the modem On and wait for a minimum 30 seconds until you will see the light turns green.
- After that, you have to turn the router on.
After performing this power-cycling process, you should try to connect the internet again to check whether the issue is resolved or not. If the error persists, then perform the next solution.
Procedure 10: Diagnose the Network
After performing all the above methods, you need to perform a diagnosing of the network you are using. To perform this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you have to navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, tap on the ‘Network Connections’ option.
- Right-click on the network connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and tap on the ‘Diagnose‘ button. It will start to diagnose the network.
- Wait until the process finishes and then perform the on-screen guidance.
- Restart the system to apply the changes.
After that, you have to check whether the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network’ issue is resolved.
In the above guide, we have provided some of the easiest solutions to fix the ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration unidentified network’ issue. If you implement the above fixes in their given order, then it will surely help you to put an end to this bug. After successfully performing the above methods, if you are still not able to fix this issue, then you should connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.