Outlook proved to be boon for the PC users. It is a great platform to enhance your mail management and planning. But, sometimes getting Outlook cannot connect to server error can disappoint you, while you are working in your Outlook. However, you do not need to get disappointed, because this error is not a permanent issue. Additionally, it can be solved very easily by applying some easy tips and tricks.
Therefore in this article, we are discussing the most accurate and effective tricks to solve this error. So, if you want to fix this error by performing some simple and easy methods, then go through the full article below.
Tricks to Troubleshoot and Fix Outlook Cannot Connect to Server Issue:
There are a lot of solutions available for the error Outlook cannot connect to server. We are discussing some of the most accurate and effective solutions to eradicate this error. Follow all the methods and go through the article to make a difference in the situation currently you are in.
Trick 1:- Disable Offline Mode
It is often found that Outlook not connecting to the server error occurs due to the setting of Outlook into offline mode. Sometimes, by mistake or due to some modifications, Outlook is set to an offline mode. Therefore, if you want to fix this error, you have to disable the offline mode.
To disable offline mode and turn Outlook into online mode, follow the steps discussed below:
- Launch the Outlook application and go to the Send or Recieve tab.
- Find the Work Offline button in the Send/Recieve tab.
- Tap on the Offline button and unmark the checkbox of Offline Mode.
- After unchecking the Offline mode, you will see “Trying to Connect….” at the bottom of the application window.
Trick 2:- Restart Outlook as well as your System
As we all know that restarting an application can fix all the problems. Therefore, it is highly recommended to close the MS Outlook once and launch it again. If you get the same error again, then you should restart your system once again. Because there are chances that the Outlook can’t connect to server error could be a result of the computer having connectivity problems.
Trick 3:- Repairing MS Outlook
If the above two tricks were not able to fix the error, then you can run a repair installation of Outlook. Running a repair of MS Outlook installation can also fix this error. Therefore, to run this, follow the steps as discussed below:
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features.
- Find and select Microsoft Office installation and right click on it.
- Select Change.
- A new window will open. Click on the Repair button and tap the Continue button.
- Grant all the permission to run a repair installation.
- Therefore, after the successful repairing of the application, restart your system once to apply the changes made.
Relaunch the Outlook again after restarting your system.
You will notice that Outlook not connecting to a server error has been fixed. However, if the error is still popping up, then follow the next tricks to fix this.
Trick 4:- Rebuild the MS Outlook
If running a repair installation of MS Outlook did not fix the error, then you should try to rebuild it. Because MS Outlook uses .pst and .ost file types which are very susceptible to the issues that arise connectivity problems. Therefore, to rebuild Outlook, follow these simple steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Find the mail icon under the User section.
- A new window will open. Click on the Data Files.
- Select your desired data file and right-click on it, then click on the “Open File Location”.
- Select your data file that is similar to your mail id.
- Modify the extension from .ost to .OLD and if the file has an extension of .pst then leave it unchanged.
- Tap on the Close button to close the window. Further, launch the MS Outlook application again to verify if the error got fixed or not.
To sum up, you might have been able to gather all the information that you needed to combat the stress factor you often receive in the form of Outlook cannot connect to server error. However, if there is any sort of query as well as any feedback from your end, please share your thoughts with us through the comment section below.